Too bad, have to wait for thanksgiving for the discount code then.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 2/4/15 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, it really depends on how you look at it.
Quite a few CIEM companies have had opening offers on new models.
There is a benefit to the company in offering an opening discount - it encourages first-adopters to take the plunge, and if they then like the CIEM in question, they can publish decent reviews and then many potential customers may also take the plunge, even after the opening discount has expired.
Ridiculous that the company may have missed the cost target yes, but for the consumer it is nice when it actually occurs.
I wonder how much is in the total cost of the drivers, cable, and shells. Anyone know?
Gets boring when people raise the same thing on every forum. We live in a capitalist system. R&D, engineering, skill and knowledge. Emergency plumbers charge a lot also. Those with knowledge can charge what the market will bear. Simple.
I'm pretty sure that the drivers themselves aren't exactly cheap but in no way the most expensive part of the final product. R&D and the actual construction is what really drives up the cost - The level of skilled labor you need for these things doesn't come cheap.
Have anyone wondered how expensive it will be for JH Audio if people who opt for the carbon fiber repeatedly sent back their roxanne for refit? If it's too loose, I'm sure JH can just add another layer of acrylic/resin on it but if it's too tight, does that mean JH have to replace the entire housing? Not sure how refitting works though so my assumptions may be wrong.
12 drivers- Impressive that he manages to squeeze in 12 but ultimately, quality is more important than quantity. Most people here will go for the better sounding iems than the ones with the most drivers. Knowing JH though, he won't be cramming in 12 drivers just for the sake of cramming in 12 drivers. So to me, it's a novelty which might be the best sounding iems ever (until the next one comes along).
Carbon fiber housing- This is what got me drooling, since I'm a carbon fiber nut. I know it doesn't improve the sound in any way but I'm probably going to go for this option if I ever get the roxanne. Kudos to JH for including this option. The carbon fiber case with the negative mold insert is insane too. My personal thought is if you want to include packaging, either go for the cheapest option so the customer pays the least for it, or go all the way so that the customer feels that even his money is well spent on the packaging. In this case, you know my thoughts on it. However, like some have pointed out, I'll be interested to know how the carbon fiber housing is made.
Variable bass: I like the idea of variable bass and I know it can be implemented well without leaking into the mids, like the Digizoid amp. So I'm keeping my mind open about this and if JH does it as well as Jude said, I'm sold.
Price- This is like the cost of a really really good ultrabook.... I need an ultrabook more than a roxanne. Oh well, it might give JH enough time to come out with the next ciem with a carbon fiber housing too (or maybe graphene housing?!).
Edited by xuan87 - 10/11/13 at 2:54am
I bet it will below 750 buck, but labour cost, overhead cost, shipping cost, scrap cost, yield off, RMA factor.. Probably cost close to 1000, selling at 1.5k @ 33% profit I think make sense for me.
Edited by stvc - 10/11/13 at 3:23am
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NEED reccomendation for mid budget Headphones (around 80-150$) for... 41 seconds ago
- › What do you call this component in the headphone? 50 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 58 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears BA4 (need to be reshelled) 7 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2