Too bad, have to wait for thanksgiving for the discount code then.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is a new ear impression required for every custom IEM I buy? Last post on 5/7/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which CIEM is the most realistic and accurate with most details(most revealing)? Last post on 6/21/14 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aftermarket cable for JH Roxanne? Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, it really depends on how you look at it.
Quite a few CIEM companies have had opening offers on new models.
There is a benefit to the company in offering an opening discount - it encourages first-adopters to take the plunge, and if they then like the CIEM in question, they can publish decent reviews and then many potential customers may also take the plunge, even after the opening discount has expired.
Ridiculous that the company may have missed the cost target yes, but for the consumer it is nice when it actually occurs.
I wonder how much is in the total cost of the drivers, cable, and shells. Anyone know?
Gets boring when people raise the same thing on every forum. We live in a capitalist system. R&D, engineering, skill and knowledge. Emergency plumbers charge a lot also. Those with knowledge can charge what the market will bear. Simple.
I'm pretty sure that the drivers themselves aren't exactly cheap but in no way the most expensive part of the final product. R&D and the actual construction is what really drives up the cost - The level of skilled labor you need for these things doesn't come cheap.
Have anyone wondered how expensive it will be for JH Audio if people who opt for the carbon fiber repeatedly sent back their roxanne for refit? If it's too loose, I'm sure JH can just add another layer of acrylic/resin on it but if it's too tight, does that mean JH have to replace the entire housing? Not sure how refitting works though so my assumptions may be wrong.
12 drivers- Impressive that he manages to squeeze in 12 but ultimately, quality is more important than quantity. Most people here will go for the better sounding iems than the ones with the most drivers. Knowing JH though, he won't be cramming in 12 drivers just for the sake of cramming in 12 drivers. So to me, it's a novelty which might be the best sounding iems ever (until the next one comes along).
Carbon fiber housing- This is what got me drooling, since I'm a carbon fiber nut. I know it doesn't improve the sound in any way but I'm probably going to go for this option if I ever get the roxanne. Kudos to JH for including this option. The carbon fiber case with the negative mold insert is insane too. My personal thought is if you want to include packaging, either go for the cheapest option so the customer pays the least for it, or go all the way so that the customer feels that even his money is well spent on the packaging. In this case, you know my thoughts on it. However, like some have pointed out, I'll be interested to know how the carbon fiber housing is made.
Variable bass: I like the idea of variable bass and I know it can be implemented well without leaking into the mids, like the Digizoid amp. So I'm keeping my mind open about this and if JH does it as well as Jude said, I'm sold.
Price- This is like the cost of a really really good ultrabook.... I need an ultrabook more than a roxanne. Oh well, it might give JH enough time to come out with the next ciem with a carbon fiber housing too (or maybe graphene housing?!).
Edited by xuan87 - 10/11/13 at 2:54am
I bet it will below 750 buck, but labour cost, overhead cost, shipping cost, scrap cost, yield off, RMA factor.. Probably cost close to 1000, selling at 1.5k @ 33% profit I think make sense for me.
Edited by stvc - 10/11/13 at 3:23am
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Music Game IX 3 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 24 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 43 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › Attaching an Astell & Kern AK100 II to a Heaphone Amp Using a... 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3