Too bad, have to wait for thanksgiving for the discount code then.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is a new ear impression required for every custom IEM I buy? Last post on 5/7/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which CIEM is the most realistic and accurate with most details(most revealing)? Last post on 6/21/14 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aftermarket cable for JH Roxanne? Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, it really depends on how you look at it.
Quite a few CIEM companies have had opening offers on new models.
There is a benefit to the company in offering an opening discount - it encourages first-adopters to take the plunge, and if they then like the CIEM in question, they can publish decent reviews and then many potential customers may also take the plunge, even after the opening discount has expired.
Ridiculous that the company may have missed the cost target yes, but for the consumer it is nice when it actually occurs.
I wonder how much is in the total cost of the drivers, cable, and shells. Anyone know?
Gets boring when people raise the same thing on every forum. We live in a capitalist system. R&D, engineering, skill and knowledge. Emergency plumbers charge a lot also. Those with knowledge can charge what the market will bear. Simple.
I'm pretty sure that the drivers themselves aren't exactly cheap but in no way the most expensive part of the final product. R&D and the actual construction is what really drives up the cost - The level of skilled labor you need for these things doesn't come cheap.
Have anyone wondered how expensive it will be for JH Audio if people who opt for the carbon fiber repeatedly sent back their roxanne for refit? If it's too loose, I'm sure JH can just add another layer of acrylic/resin on it but if it's too tight, does that mean JH have to replace the entire housing? Not sure how refitting works though so my assumptions may be wrong.
12 drivers- Impressive that he manages to squeeze in 12 but ultimately, quality is more important than quantity. Most people here will go for the better sounding iems than the ones with the most drivers. Knowing JH though, he won't be cramming in 12 drivers just for the sake of cramming in 12 drivers. So to me, it's a novelty which might be the best sounding iems ever (until the next one comes along).
Carbon fiber housing- This is what got me drooling, since I'm a carbon fiber nut. I know it doesn't improve the sound in any way but I'm probably going to go for this option if I ever get the roxanne. Kudos to JH for including this option. The carbon fiber case with the negative mold insert is insane too. My personal thought is if you want to include packaging, either go for the cheapest option so the customer pays the least for it, or go all the way so that the customer feels that even his money is well spent on the packaging. In this case, you know my thoughts on it. However, like some have pointed out, I'll be interested to know how the carbon fiber housing is made.
Variable bass: I like the idea of variable bass and I know it can be implemented well without leaking into the mids, like the Digizoid amp. So I'm keeping my mind open about this and if JH does it as well as Jude said, I'm sold.
Price- This is like the cost of a really really good ultrabook.... I need an ultrabook more than a roxanne. Oh well, it might give JH enough time to come out with the next ciem with a carbon fiber housing too (or maybe graphene housing?!).
Edited by xuan87 - 10/11/13 at 2:54am
I bet it will below 750 buck, but labour cost, overhead cost, shipping cost, scrap cost, yield off, RMA factor.. Probably cost close to 1000, selling at 1.5k @ 33% profit I think make sense for me.
Edited by stvc - 10/11/13 at 3:23am
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 48 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 322 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S1 added 09/24/14... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm 6 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)