Too bad, have to wait for thanksgiving for the discount code then.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 10/21/15 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, it really depends on how you look at it.
Quite a few CIEM companies have had opening offers on new models.
There is a benefit to the company in offering an opening discount - it encourages first-adopters to take the plunge, and if they then like the CIEM in question, they can publish decent reviews and then many potential customers may also take the plunge, even after the opening discount has expired.
Ridiculous that the company may have missed the cost target yes, but for the consumer it is nice when it actually occurs.
I wonder how much is in the total cost of the drivers, cable, and shells. Anyone know?
Gets boring when people raise the same thing on every forum. We live in a capitalist system. R&D, engineering, skill and knowledge. Emergency plumbers charge a lot also. Those with knowledge can charge what the market will bear. Simple.
I'm pretty sure that the drivers themselves aren't exactly cheap but in no way the most expensive part of the final product. R&D and the actual construction is what really drives up the cost - The level of skilled labor you need for these things doesn't come cheap.
Have anyone wondered how expensive it will be for JH Audio if people who opt for the carbon fiber repeatedly sent back their roxanne for refit? If it's too loose, I'm sure JH can just add another layer of acrylic/resin on it but if it's too tight, does that mean JH have to replace the entire housing? Not sure how refitting works though so my assumptions may be wrong.
12 drivers- Impressive that he manages to squeeze in 12 but ultimately, quality is more important than quantity. Most people here will go for the better sounding iems than the ones with the most drivers. Knowing JH though, he won't be cramming in 12 drivers just for the sake of cramming in 12 drivers. So to me, it's a novelty which might be the best sounding iems ever (until the next one comes along).
Carbon fiber housing- This is what got me drooling, since I'm a carbon fiber nut. I know it doesn't improve the sound in any way but I'm probably going to go for this option if I ever get the roxanne. Kudos to JH for including this option. The carbon fiber case with the negative mold insert is insane too. My personal thought is if you want to include packaging, either go for the cheapest option so the customer pays the least for it, or go all the way so that the customer feels that even his money is well spent on the packaging. In this case, you know my thoughts on it. However, like some have pointed out, I'll be interested to know how the carbon fiber housing is made.
Variable bass: I like the idea of variable bass and I know it can be implemented well without leaking into the mids, like the Digizoid amp. So I'm keeping my mind open about this and if JH does it as well as Jude said, I'm sold.
Price- This is like the cost of a really really good ultrabook.... I need an ultrabook more than a roxanne. Oh well, it might give JH enough time to come out with the next ciem with a carbon fiber housing too (or maybe graphene housing?!).
Edited by xuan87 - 10/11/13 at 2:54am
I bet it will below 750 buck, but labour cost, overhead cost, shipping cost, scrap cost, yield off, RMA factor.. Probably cost close to 1000, selling at 1.5k @ 33% profit I think make sense for me.
Edited by stvc - 10/11/13 at 3:23am
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 37 seconds ago
- › Westone W80 43 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 50 seconds ago
- › I'm riding this audio wave, but now I can see the sharks. 52 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 52 seconds ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...