- 26 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFostextagged by nightmancometh, 1/31/14
Related Forum Threads
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:41 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AHD-2000 Reissue Possibility? Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 9:34 am in High-end Audio Forum
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Looks like it. Afterall the HP-A8 had a SD Card slot. But surprising that the HP-A4 opted for microSD instead.
That's some great news!
I always wanted an update to the HP-A3 (a more "up-to-date" USB input, not that the original Tenor was bad, it was very well implemented).
This one ticks all the boxes, except maybe the lack of an external power input.
This one has a gain switch, which is much welcomed! I could not go past 12:00 with the HE-500 on the HP-A3. The preamp has a very low range of action with my Airmotiv 4s, too.
Hope this one can lower the gain a bit.
Looks like a very nice unit! The HP-A3 was high on my shortlist, but didn't like the industrial look and limited USB input. The HP-A4 is definitely asking for a spot under my x-mas tree this year! Was wondering what to do with my 32GB Class 10 micro SD card thats not really getting much use in my cellphone!
Edited by daerron - 10/9/13 at 7:26am
I listened to this at CanJam yesterday with the th600 & th900 and was pleasantly surprised. I could easily see this on your desk at work. The Fostex vacuum tube amplifier prototype was pretty solid as well.
This gives me hope the HP-V1 is competitive with the other portable top line micro valve amps out there. The A4 is basically how I would use the P1 and V1 combo.
Edited by AJHeadfi - 10/16/13 at 4:40am
24 of next month to Japan, I am guessing mid feb for the rest of the world. But fostex is good on international releases.
It's a pity the hp-v1 doesn't seem like it will have a DAC in it like the hp-p1. If you're not an iPhone user the p1 doesn't seem all that attractive.
Edited by designbykai - 10/27/13 at 6:03am
- Fostex HP-A4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SENNHEISER HD6 MIX HEADPHONE COMPATIBILITY WITH HRT MICROSTREAMER... 26 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 42 seconds ago
- › LittleDot I+ and Beyerdynamic 770 Pro 250 Ohm 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Beresford Bushmaster MKII DAC + AMP w/ 2 battery packs for an... 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 7 minutes ago
- › IC: Stax SR-007 MKI 7 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 7 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)