or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 392

post #5866 of 9028

Bonne nouvelle,

 

The status is now "Processed Through Sort Facility" so it is going in France at the moment. Bon voyage !

I am slightly reassured.

 

post #5867 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
 

Bonne nouvelle,

 

The status is now "Processed Through Sort Facility" so it is going in France at the moment. Bon voyage !

I am slightly reassured.

 

By the time it arrives, you gonna need to buy a new keyboard.

Dont hit F5 too many times. 

post #5868 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent215 View Post
 

By the time it arrives, you gonna need to buy a new keyboard.

Dont hit F5 too many times. 

Yes, this button suffers much at the moment !
I hope I receive the AD's before the v.5 yellow red dots version of them.

post #5869 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjshin23 View Post

Listening to Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 192k and it is unreal!  Enjoying the early weekend.

OT. Where did you get Pink Floyd in 192k? Been searching for this for a while.

Color - give me Black matte finish.
post #5870 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Until November USPS was incredibly reliable but I think the budget cuts are really starting to hit them.

 

I'll vouch that USPS has been less-than-stellar these past few months, and I've usually had great luck with them. Winter storms and budget cuts...hooray!

post #5871 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

So what happened with “fixed" demo pair, still interested to try them
I'm having the unit shipped today to hans030390 and you should be next in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans030390 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Until November USPS was incredibly reliable but I think the budget cuts are really starting to hit them.

I'll vouch that USPS has been less-than-stellar these past few months, and I've usually had great luck with them. Winter storms and budget cuts...hooray!
Mhmm, the Alpha Dog had some USPS issues too when shipping to me, so I shipped via UPS this time around.
post #5872 of 9028

I have spent over two years trying to persuade a colleague of mine that she could do better than phone and earbuds to no effect.

 

I got her to try the ADs and and she said she could spare 5 minutes. I couldn't get them off her head for two hours, after which she gave me a 2000 usd budget to sort her audio for her.... Expect an order soon...

post #5873 of 9028
Nice budget. What else do you have in mind?
post #5874 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

Nice budget. What else do you have in mind?

probably Schiit, I need to allow for import duty (UK based), it'll be a pc based system so I'll need DAC and amp. But she also has her eye on a cocktail X10 to help with her cd storage issue...

 

I'm trying to get her into the head-fi community as well....

post #5875 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc-k View Post


I'm trying to get her into the head-fi community as well....
why? I thought she is your friend. wink.gif
post #5876 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post


why? I thought she is your friend. wink.gif

:D

post #5877 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc-k View Post

probably Schiit, I need to allow for import duty (UK based), it'll be a pc based system so I'll need DAC and amp. But she also has her eye on a cocktail X10 to help with her cd storage issue...

I'm trying to get her into the head-fi community as well....
I wonder if you'd mind, being also UK based....and that you're the only person I've found with both types of headphone I'm looking at for office use and maybe a little portable use, how the alpha compare with the T5p's? I'd be very grateful to know...thank you
post #5878 of 9028

A little fine-tuning has been done on the Alphas.  

 

A few owners found the treble to be a little peaky.  While most owners and reviewers seemed very happy, I always listen to positive and negative feedback to try to do better.  I started working on an ear-side adjustment to tame the treble, but I thought it might be both fun and productive to bring someone from the community to work on this as well.  

 

With his deep roots in the T50 tuning, BlueMonkeyFlyer seemed a good fellow to contact, and he kindly agreed to take a look.  Fortunately, he had done tests earlier on something directly related to our needs and had an insight to create a tuning square, which we'll call the BMD (BlueMonkeyDot).  The BMD started shipping on Alphas shipped starting Feb 10.  A big thanks to BMF for his support on this!

 


Many people like their Alpha Dogs as is, so it's important to remember that due to ear shape, hearing, music choice and equipment not everyone will feel the treble needs adjustment at all.  But if you do own a set and want to smooth or step down the treble, we will have an "Alpha Dog Obedience Kit" up on our website for $14.99 plus shipping (this just covers our cost).  

 

The kit will include 4 dots, allowing 1 or 2 to be applied to each side of the headphone.  It will also include two felt tuning discs to insert under the Alpha Pads for those who prefer a slightly darker sound.  The Obedience Kit will be available on our website at the end of next week.  Sonically, you should expect:

 

1) Smoother treble

2) Somewhat larger soundstage

3) A bit more bass punch

 

4) Improved "black space"

It's a no-tools, 3 minute upgrade, and it's fully reversible if you don't prefer the sound.  We'll post a YoutTube video to show how easy the tuning is early next week.  

 

A big thanks to BMF!  

 

P.S. MiceBlue got a preview set of the adjustments, and perhaps can share his experience.  

post #5879 of 9028
@miceblue
Please be so kind to post your opinion between regular ADs and BMF ADs
post #5880 of 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

A little fine-tuning has been done on the Alphas.  

 

A few owners found the treble to be a little peaky.  While most owners and reviewers seemed very happy, I always listen to positive and negative feedback to try to do better.  I started working on an ear-side adjustment to tame the treble, but I thought it might be both fun and productive to bring someone from the community to work on this as well.  

 

With his deep roots in the T50 tuning, BlueMonkeyFlyer seemed a good fellow to contact, and he kindly agreed to take a look.  Fortunately, he had done tests earlier on something directly related to our needs and had an insight to create a tuning square, which we'll call the BMD (BlueMonkeyDot).  The BMD started shipping on Alphas shipped starting Feb 10.  A big thanks to BMF for his support on this!

 


Many people like their Alpha Dogs as is, so it's important to remember that due to ear shape, hearing, music choice and equipment not everyone will feel the treble needs adjustment at all.  But if you do own a set and want to smooth or step down the treble, we will have an "Alpha Dog Obedience Kit" up on our website for $14.99 plus shipping (this just covers our cost).  

 

The kit will include 4 dots, allowing 1 or 2 to be applied to each side of the headphone.  It will also include two felt tuning discs to insert under the Alpha Pads for those who prefer a slightly darker sound.  The Obedience Kit will be available on our website at the end of next week.  Sonically, you should expect:

 

1) Smoother treble

2) Somewhat larger soundstage

3) A bit more bass punch

 

4) Improved "black space"

It's a no-tools, 3 minute upgrade, and it's fully reversible if you don't prefer the sound.  We'll post a YoutTube video to show how easy the tuning is early next week.  

 

A big thanks to BMF!  

 

P.S. MiceBlue got a preview set of the adjustments, and perhaps can share his experience.  

sounds like a no-lose mod, considering it's reversible and cheap. all four items are certainly things that i'd think would interest every headphone owner. count me in. when can we order?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones