or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables? Dampers!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables? Dampers! - Page 16

post #226 of 466

Really intriguing thread here. Was seriously looking at the 535 red as upgrades to my 535 bronzes. Looked at the 846s as well (gulp!). Just ordered the filters from Mouser. Even if a complete failure, will be fun to try out the mod. On the other hand, if I like the modded sound, it saves me a bundle! Thanks for the insight.

post #227 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
 

Really intriguing thread here. Was seriously looking at the 535 red as upgrades to my 535 bronzes. Looked at the 846s as well (gulp!). Just ordered the filters from Mouser. Even if a complete failure, will be fun to try out the mod. On the other hand, if I like the modded sound, it saves me a bundle! Thanks for the insight.


i had a se535 bronze and se425, both without dampers, so also order some dampers (white and brown ones) to test on them.

next week the dampers arrive and try to post my hearings and some images

post #228 of 466

by the way, which color (resistance) you order your dampers?

post #229 of 466

Ordered a full set of the different filters Friday evening CET and received notice from mouser.com that they shipped and would be here Monday.. Wow...!

post #230 of 466

Thats fast!

mine was ordered this thursday and they told me it will be arrived by next thursday, but on the traking page of DHL, my package is already in mexico since yesterday =)

i just order the whites and the browns due the reviews some here made of them. 2 pairs of each just in case of future loss

post #231 of 466

Well we'll compare notes in about a week.   :beyersmile:

post #232 of 466
Thread Starter 

Oh, just an quick update. I ended up also getting a SE846. The idea of swapping filters is still there for SE846. Its mids and treble reminds me quite a bit of SE535. Its treble is like SE535 with grey filter and mids are like stock SE535. Its bass is a different story though. Entirely different story.

post #233 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Oh, just an quick update. I ended up also getting a SE846. The idea of swapping filters is still there for SE846. Its mids and treble reminds me quite a bit of SE535. Its treble is like SE535 with grey filter and mids are like stock SE535. Its bass is a different story though. Entirely different story.
Have you heard the sonys ex600 por ex1000?
If so, how does the bass compares between them and the se846?
To my ears, the se535 sound anemic on the bass department vs the ex600
post #234 of 466

Yeah, hope to have mine soon

post #235 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Angel View Post


Have you heard the sonys ex600 por ex1000?
If so, how does the bass compares between them and the se846?
To my ears, the se535 sound anemic on the bass department vs the ex600

I own the MDR7550, or the EX800st(the reference line of the EX series). Trust me. While I think sony has superb bass, SE846 takes it to another level.

post #236 of 466

=O

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

I own the MDR7550, or the EX800st(the reference line of the EX series). Trust me. While I think sony has superb bass, SE846 takes it to another level.

That is what i wanted to hear, someone who had compared (ex600, 7550, 1000).

to me, the ex600 is an upgrade, soundwise, to the se535. The se535 have better treble, but overall, the ex600 exceed the se535.

BUT i was asking me how the se846 could compared to the ex600, maybe as an upgrade

 

Nou you confirm me it is.

 

As a note, im used to a pair of b&w803 (500w monoblocks) and an svs sub which gets into the 19hz with a lot of control. and im trying to get this kind of sound from an iem (NEVER the dynamics)

 

With the ibasso dx50, the ex600 hits quite deep, and also know it could be better with more power...... does the se846 gets also quite deep?

on paper the ex600 gets into 4hz and the se846 into 15hz, both dont know how many +- dB is rated

post #237 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Angel View Post
 

=O

 

That is what i wanted to hear, someone who had compared (ex600, 7550, 1000).

to me, the ex600 is an upgrade, soundwise, to the se535. The se535 have better treble, but overall, the ex600 exceed the se535.

BUT i was asking me how the se846 could compared to the ex600, maybe as an upgrade

 

Nou you confirm me it is.

 

As a note, im used to a pair of b&w803 (500w monoblocks) and an svs sub which gets into the 19hz with a lot of control. and im trying to get this kind of sound from an iem (NEVER the dynamics)

 

With the ibasso dx50, the ex600 hits quite deep, and also know it could be better with more power...... does the se846 gets also quite deep?

on paper the ex600 gets into 4hz and the se846 into 15hz, both dont know how many +- dB is rated

Yes. The sub bass rendering is amazing. Think of SE535 with better clarity and detail with a subwoofer. That's SE846. SE846 has the best bass I've heard in iems, along with JH13/16 and IE800. While I think sony iems have awesome bass(the best in the price range), the iems I listed just do it better.

post #238 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

Yes. The sub bass rendering is amazing. Think of SE535 with better clarity and detail with a subwoofer. That's SE846. SE846 has the best bass I've heard in iems, along with JH13/16 and IE800. While I think sony iems have awesome bass(the best in the price range), the iems I listed just do it better.


So thats it, i guess ill have my se425 and 535 sold in order to buy an se846

Nice to know that kimvictor! :etysmile:

post #239 of 466

BUT first i will have them tested with this filters.5

I use the shures for on the go, the sonys when  im on vacation or when im on my bed

maybe the 846 could be the one who remplaces all my iems =P

post #240 of 466

My 846s arrive tomorrow..... :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables? Dampers!