Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 152

post #2266 of 3040
Hmmm there is sibilance definitely .... by brittleness to you mean the sound feels very sharp to the ear ??? If yes then yeah thats what I meant by harsh ... haha
post #2267 of 3040

With the Silver Dragon Cable, what are the differences between the terminations? I'm kind of confused.

post #2268 of 3040
My apologies for misquoting Tyll. But nevertheless, that's my impression of the IE800. Brittle/sharp/harsh highs were the ultimate dealbreakers FOR ME, YMMV.
post #2269 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post
 

Wow, already changed your mind?

Local folks call it the "poison"... Haha


well you did tell me to open up to new experience, i want to give shure se846 another try but moolah is what i need to cash in.

post #2270 of 3040

 

Do you hear roll offs with SE846?

post #2271 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfki View Post
 

 

Do you hear roll offs with SE846?

 

i feel that it really depends on genre type .... its there but not so obvious with certain type of music and all correct me if i'm wrong

post #2272 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonljj View Post
 

i feel that it really depends on genre type .... its there but not so obvious with certain type of music and all correct me if i'm wrong


so there are roll offs you suspect? Shure bound to release a ltd edition of SE846 with a different color just like what it did for SE215 & SE535.

So I might wait a better definitive version. I don't like the clear ones the cable will become rusty in the years to come.

post #2273 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfki View Post
 


so there are roll offs you suspect? Shure bound to release a ltd edition of SE846 with a different color just like what it did for SE215 & SE535.

So I might wait a better definitive version. I don't like the clear ones the cable will become rusty in the years to come.

 

Ehhh it up to you really .... but if you were to ask for my opinion I would say the roll off is not as bad as you think it is ... because generally bulk of most songs aren't in the high freq .... and its a roll off not a cut off so you still hear it but not as pronounced/forward.... but then again as a customer that will be paying so much i guess you have your expectations too ... haha so it depends if your ears love them ... haha to my ears the 846 is my favorite universals .... you might wanna consider the JH16s pro ... Price isn't too far off if you wait for promotions ... I got mine at only SGD1.4k+ its like about few hundreds more. I got both and i love them both 

post #2274 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonljj View Post
 

 

Ehhh it up to you really .... but if you were to ask for my opinion I would say the roll off is not as bad as you think it is ... because generally bulk of most songs aren't in the high freq .... and its a roll off not a cut off so you still hear it but not as pronounced/forward.... but then again as a customer that will be paying so much i guess you have your expectations too ... haha so it depends if your ears love them ... haha to my ears the 846 is my favorite universals .... you might wanna consider the JH16s pro ... Price isn't too far off if you wait for promotions ... I got mine at only SGD1.4k+ its like about few hundreds more. I got both and i love them both 


that's what i'm saying the first released of SE535 clear/bronze version has noticeable roll-offs! then Shure fixes it by releasing SE535 ltd edition which resolve the roll-off issues. I bet Shure will do the same with the current new flagship model:SE846. I'll keep both my fingers crossed! I don't wanna end up double dipping!

post #2275 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfki View Post
 


that's what i'm saying the first released of SE535 clear/bronze version has noticeable roll-offs! then Shure fixes it by releasing SE535 ltd edition which resolve the roll-off issues. I bet Shure will do the same with the current new flagship model:SE846. I'll keep both my fingers crossed! I don't wanna end up double dipping!

 ok your call ... haha

post #2276 of 3040

It actually took me while to figure out why Shure gave its new flagship 846 instead of 645, a continuous number after 535. Well that's because 846 alone sports out 3 different sound signatures. If you add 535 with 3 on the first digit 5, you'll get 835. However there are 4 drivers in total, so we get 845. But because 845 is one digit ahead of 535s, then you add one to the last digit 5, then you got 6. So there you have it. SE846 is born!


Edited by kfki - 11/15/13 at 11:33pm
post #2277 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfki View Post
 

It actually took me while to figure out why Shure gave its new flagship 846 instead of 645, a continuous number after 535. Well that's because 846 alone sports out 3 different sound signatures. If you add 535 with 3 on the first digit 5, you'll get 835. However there are 4 drivers in total, so we get 845. But because 845 is one digit ahead of 535s, then you add one to the last digit 5, then you got 6. So there you have it. SE846 is born!

ehhh i think you got it a little wrong ... haha

 

8 represents its class/series and 4 driver and last but not least 5-6 due to the new added improvement of interchangeable filters.  

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW4ptj47Rm8&list=PL3k1zS7iD7l_YDPHF82zVMqqaItikmIBn - Q & A

post #2278 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonljj View Post
 

ehhh i think you got it a little wrong ... haha

 

8 represents its class/series and 4 driver and last but not least 5-6 due to the new added improvement of interchangeable filters.  

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW4ptj47Rm8&list=PL3k1zS7iD7l_YDPHF82zVMqqaItikmIBn - Q & A


but you must agree the odds to that right. 

post #2279 of 3040

i don't get you ... agree to what odds ??

post #2280 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonljj View Post
 

i don't get you ... agree to what odds ??


the odds to which so happen it came with 3 instead 4 or 6 filters, and when you add 5 to it, it gives you 8.

you know what i mean.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)