Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread - Page 89

post #1321 of 1929

Finally got my ear impressions done, getting ready to order! One last question-- would acrylic or silicone be better for ear protection/sound isolation when performing on-stage?

 

Thanks! :)

post #1322 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
 

Finally got my ear impressions done, getting ready to order! One last question-- would acrylic or silicone be better for ear protection/sound isolation when performing on-stage?

 

Thanks! :)

Of course silicone is better :)

post #1323 of 1929

That's what I thought, but I'm a custom IEM virgin so just wanted to make sure ;)

 

EXCITED!

post #1324 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
 

That's what I thought, but I'm a custom IEM virgin so just wanted to make sure ;)

 

EXCITED!

yeeeeep excited to loose the virginity.....i remember that too.....

post #1325 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
 

yeeeeep excited to loose the virginity.....i remember that too.....

I lost it to JH16 pro...It wronged me :(

post #1326 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

I lost it to JH16 pro...It wronged me :(

mine was a Shure535 x 8 by UM.....she was bit rough in the end.....had to give her the go....she didn't want to listen to my needs! :rolleyes:

post #1327 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

I lost it to JH16 pro...It wronged me :(


They told me, ciems have basically no resale value so go big or go home. So I went big and ordered SE5way. Sound wise it was better than expected but man those fit issues + remolding really turn me off a bit. Until I find a very good audiologist in here Belgium I might just stay cool and try to enjoy SE5way.

post #1328 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


They told me, ciems have basically no resale value so go big or go home. So I went big and ordered SE5way. Sound wise it was better than expected but man those fit issues + remolding really turn me off a bit. Until I find a very good audiologist in here Belgium I might just stay cool and try to enjoy SE5way.

You guys are so lucky. Back then there was no one telling me anything.... I just searched custom earphone..and you know what came up. 

 

But gonna admit I was so lucky that I searched "earphone sounds like LCD 2", and I was so lucky that I bought the SE5 so early! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
 

mine was a Shure535 x 8 by UM.....she was bit rough in the end.....had to give her the go....she didn't want to listen to my needs! :rolleyes:

lol. times 8? what does it mean? 

post #1329 of 1929
Means was upgraded to 8 drivers
post #1330 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

You guys are so lucky. Back then there was no one telling me anything.... I just searched custom earphone..and you know what came up. 

 

But gonna admit I was so lucky that I searched "earphone sounds like LCD 2", and I was so lucky that I bought the SE5 so early! 

Yeah, the hype around JHA products is just unbelievable, as if they deserve it.

 

Anyway, glad that you found your way to get what you exactly want.

post #1331 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

Yeah, the hype around JHA products is just unbelievable, as if they deserve it.

 

Anyway, glad that you found your way to get what you exactly want.

Actually my JH13pro is very, very good.  I do think they deserve the hype.  These days they have a lot of competition (i.e. Custom Art) but despite tattoos that make him look like a retarded bouncer Jerry Harvey is an innovator.

post #1332 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post
 

Actually my JH13pro is very, very good.  I do think they deserve the hype.  These days they have a lot of competition (i.e. Custom Art) but despite tattoos that make him look like a retarded bouncer Jerry Harvey is an innovator.

 

Lol! "I thought you'd be bigger" - Roadhouse

 

I would love a JH13 style iem, with smoother treble, from CA!  I'd be all over that.

post #1333 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post

Actually my JH13pro is very, very good.  I do think they deserve the hype.  These days they have a lot of competition (i.e. Custom Art) but despite tattoos that make him look like a retarded bouncer Jerry Harvey is an innovator.
Man I hope he reads this an d kicks your ass at a meet biggrin.gif

Love the Roadhouse quote.
post #1334 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Finally got my ear impressions done, getting ready to order! One last question-- would acrylic or silicone be better for ear protection/sound isolation when performing on-stage?

Thanks! smily_headphones1.gif

I have/had both silicone and acrylic CIEMs and I did not find any superiority of silicone. They isolate differently but I can't say that any of them isolate better. From comfort perspective I definitely prefer acrylic CIEMs.
post #1335 of 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post

I have/had both silicone and acrylic CIEMs and I did not find any superiority of silicone. They isolate differently but I can't say that any of them isolate better. From comfort perspective I definitely prefer acrylic CIEMs.
Its personal, you are not one of many..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread