or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 626

post #9376 of 19523

Here are some recommendations of IEM's paired With X5:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/718503/any-recommendations-for-a-iem-to-pair-with-fiio-x5

post #9377 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveinl View Post
 

Here are some recommendations of IEM's paired With X5:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/718503/any-recommendations-for-a-iem-to-pair-with-fiio-x5

Ya i saw that post. Im looking in a different price range though. Around $200-300.

post #9378 of 19523

Purchasing Fiio X5 Concerns 

 

Hello everyone! I have decided to purchase the Fiio X5 DAP after doing comparisons and research. Unfortunately, I could not find a whole lot of information on the X5's warranty

 

Fiio apparently offers a 1-year warranty on all their products 

http://www.fiio.net/aid/warranty.aspx

 

The warranty offered is very limited as only the device's mainframe is covered for the entire year. I fear that the product will fail and I'll be left with a expensive brick. Can someone verify the length of the warranty on the X5 and provide specifics? Much appreciated! 

 

I'm considering purchasing from eBay due to eBay's cash back. Please take a look at the link below and tell me if you think the posting is legitimate. There is no question that I will receive a product if I buy, the question is whether the product I receive will be the real deal. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiio-X5-Portable-High-Resolution-Lossless-Music-Player-/380894372925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58af12e43d

 

You will notice that quite a few individuals have already purchased. Does Fiio cover purchases from eBay? The warranty says Fiio covers their products from the invoice date, does that policy apply to eBay purchases? 

 

Any help to alleviate my concerns would be much appreciated! In the end, I'll end up getting the Squaretrade warranty (only $50!) to extend protection to 3 years and secure peace of mind. 

 

Reason for EDIT: Formatting 


Edited by searchy - 5/17/14 at 2:03pm
post #9379 of 19523
Quote: (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchy View Post

Purchasing Fiio X5 Concerns 

Hello everyone! I have decided to purchase the Fiio X5 DAP after doing comparisons and research. Unfortunately, I could not find a whole lot of information on the X5's warranty

Fiio apparently offers a 1-year warranty on all their products 
http://www.fiio.net/aid/warranty.aspx

The warranty offered is very limited as only the device's mainframe is covered for the entire year. I fear that the product will fail and I'll be left with a expensive brick. Can someone verify the length of the warranty on the X5 and provide specifics? Much appreciated! 

I'm considering purchasing from eBay due to eBay's cash back. Please take a look at the link below and tell me if you think the posting is legitimate. There is no question that I will receive a product if I buy, the question is whether the product I receive will be the real deal. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiio-X5-Portable-High-Resolution-Lossless-Music-Player-/380894372925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58af12e43d

You will notice that quite a few individuals have already purchased. Does Fiio cover purchases from eBay? The warranty says Fiio covers their products from the invoice date, does that policy apply to eBay purchases? 

Any help to alleviate my concerns would be much appreciated! In the end, I'll end up getting the Squaretrade warranty (only $50!) to extend protection to 3 years and secure peace of mind. 

Reason for EDIT: Formatting 

Fiio has an authentication system on their website for a reason. I'd recommend only buying from an authorized dealer.

In general Fiio is very helpful with any problems the customer may have and will work hard to solve issues should they arise.

Edit: No, Fiio doesn't cover warranty outside of authorized dealers. So no eBay.
Edited by x RELIC x - 5/17/14 at 2:11pm
post #9380 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchy View Post
 

Purchasing Fiio X5 Concerns 

 

Hello everyone! I have decided to purchase the Fiio X5 DAP after doing comparisons and research. Unfortunately, I could not find a whole lot of information on the X5's warranty

 

Fiio apparently offers a 1-year warranty on all their products 

http://www.fiio.net/aid/warranty.aspx

 

The warranty offered is very limited as only the device's mainframe is covered for the entire year. I fear that the product will fail and I'll be left with a expensive brick. Can someone verify the length of the warranty on the X5 and provide specifics? Much appreciated! 

 

I'm considering purchasing from eBay due to eBay's cash back. Please take a look at the link below and tell me if you think the posting is legitimate. There is no question that I will receive a product if I buy, the question is whether the product I receive will be the real deal. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiio-X5-Portable-High-Resolution-Lossless-Music-Player-/380894372925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58af12e43d

 

You will notice that quite a few individuals have already purchased. Does Fiio cover purchases from eBay? The warranty says Fiio covers their products from the invoice date, does that policy apply to eBay purchases? 

 

Any help to alleviate my concerns would be much appreciated! In the end, I'll end up getting the Squaretrade warranty (only $50!) to extend protection to 3 years and secure peace of mind. 

 

Reason for EDIT: Formatting 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post
  Quote: (Click to show)
 

Fiio has an authentication system on their website for a reason. I'd recommend only buying from an authorized dealer.

In general Fiio is very helpful with any problems the customer may have and will work hard to solve issues should they arise.

Edit: No, Fiio doesn't cover warranty outside of authorized dealers. So no eBay.

 

 

I understand x RELIC x your position but I have transacted on eBay many times and sure enough, I agree with you about using authorized dealers however if he chooses to pick the SquareTrade 3-year warranty, then it is SquareTrade's job to chase the vendor and SquareTrade will associate themselves with good vendors, they also guarantee a 5 day resolution. I have used SquareTrade for years for my Apple and eBay stuff and when my phone broke, I got a replacement within 5 days, that is their guarantee.

 

The vendor provides 14 days return policy and eBay protects the buyer within the return period, you can raise a dispute with eBay, they'll side on the buyers. So don't feel that you do not have protection because you do and you can get a case opened with eBay if the vendor does not deliver, they hold the money with PayPal until the goods is delivered and the goods has not been marked delivered so as a buyer you have the last say as to when you got the X5 shipped.

 

My suggestion, contact the vendor and require that he gives you a delivery confirmation, look at the vendor reputation and reviews, then pay using PayPal (that is very important for your protection) and buy the 3-year warranty from SquareTrade, you'll beneficiate from anything happening to the DX50 (failures that is) for a 3-year period. By the way the warrantee is cancellable with the portion unused being reimbursed, a perk.

 

Good luck but don't be phased but that.


Edited by musicheaven - 5/17/14 at 3:02pm
post #9381 of 19523
Quote: (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post




I understand x RELIC x your position but I have transacted on eBay many times and sure enough, I agree with you about using authorized dealers however if he chooses to pick the SquareTrade 3-year warranty, then it is SquareTrade's job to chase the vendor and SquareTrade will associate themselves with good vendors, they also guarantee a 5 day resolution. I have used SquareTrade for years for my Apple and eBay stuff and when my phone broke, I got a replacement within 5 days, that is their guarantee.

The vendor provides 14 days return policy and eBay protects the buyer within the return period, you can raise a dispute with eBay, they'll side on the buyers. So don't feel that you do not have protection because you do and you can get a case opened with eBay if the vendor does not deliver, they hold the money with PayPal until the goods is delivered and the goods has not been marked delivered so as a buyer you have the last say as to when you got the X5 shipped.

My suggestion, contact the vendor and require that he gives you a delivery confirmation, look at the vendor reputation and reviews, then pay using PayPal (that is very important for your protection) and buy the 3-year warranty from SquareTrade, you'll beneficiate from anything happening to the DX50 (failures that is) for a 3-year period. By the way the warrantee is cancellable with the portion unused being reimbursed, a perk.

Good luck but don't be phased but that.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, helpful information. I was more or less pointing out Fiio's position on their own warranty as they have released statements regarding knock offs sold on eBay (he's also wondering about the 'real deal').

Personally, I just go to an authorized dealer because I like to avoid all of the hassles required for peace of mind but I realize that may not be easy for some. wink.gif
Edited by x RELIC x - 5/17/14 at 4:48pm
post #9382 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post

Personally, I just go to an authorized dealer because I like to avoid all of the hassles required for peace of mind but I realize that may not be easy for some. wink.gif

Thanks for the response. I'm not a big fan of add-on warranties in general; they're how Best-Buy makes its money. But I'm going to buy the Squaretrade warranty because it is a fabulous deal. Also, the Squaretrade warranty will protect my purchase for three years, two more than the included warranty! If there wasn't the option to purchase a Squaretrade warranty, I would buy from an authorized dealer for sure. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

 

Good luck but don't be phased but that.

Thanks for the response. I always pay for my purchases on eBay with Paypal (only method of payment available) so I know I'm protected. I was not aware that Squaretrade warranties are reimbursable so thanks for bringing that to my attention. As far as I know, they are transferable, if that's what you meant. 

 

Have a great day guys! :atsmile: 

 

Reason for EDIT: Clarification 


Edited by searchy - 5/17/14 at 5:30pm
post #9383 of 19523
Wow... This geek wave is targeting all the dap on the market. The comparison chart they have the x5 on it and the x5 only have half bar... What you guys think?https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-it-s-not-a-next-gen-ipod-it-s-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player# description
post #9384 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post

Wow... This geek wave is targeting all the dap on the market. The comparison chart they have the x5 on it and the x5 only have half bar... What you guys think?https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-it-s-not-a-next-gen-ipod-it-s-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player# description

 

Well for one thing, that graph is lying about the X5. It suggests that the X5 doesn't support DSD64, which it does.

 

Second, that graph was made by the makers of the "geek wave", so it's hardly an impartial or scientific chart.

 

Third, it employs tricky, disproportional scaling on the bar graph: it places a 192kHz FLAC less than halfway across from the max DSD128, but it's extremely arguable that a DSD128 would give you more than double the sound quality of a 24/192 FLAC file...especially since that's largely dependent upon the source material and not the file format.

 

So, I would start from a position of skepticism regarding those people and their player.

post #9385 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchy View Post

Thanks for the response. I'm not a big fan of add-on warranties in general; they're how Best-Buy makes its money. But I'm going to buy the Squaretrade warranty because it is a fabulous deal. Also, the Squaretrade warranty will protect my purchase for three years, two more than the included warranty! If there wasn't the option to purchase a Squaretrade warranty, I would buy from an authorized dealer for sure. 
Thanks for the response. I always pay for my purchases on eBay with Paypal (only method of payment available) so I know I'm protected. I was not aware that Squaretrade warranties are reimbursable so thanks for bringing that to my attention. As far as I know, they are transferable, if that's what you meant. 

Have a great day guys! atsmile.gif  

Reason for EDIT: Clarification 

They are also cancelable, I have sold some of my protected goods before the end of the warranty that the other party was not interested in buying so you can close your warranty before it ends and they'll proportionally reimbursed the left over warranty portion, that's the perk people are not fully aware. When you register with SquareTrade, there will be a cancel section you can use. In any events you'll be in good hands. smily_headphones1.gif
post #9386 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


They are also cancelable, I have sold some of my protected goods before the end of the warranty that the other party was not interested in buying so you can close your warranty before it ends and they'll proportionally reimbursed the left over warranty portion, that's the perk people are not fully aware. When you register with SquareTrade, there will be a cancel section you can use. In any events you'll be in good hands. smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, you are correct. Squaretrade warranties are able to be cancelled! It's too bad that Squaretrade makes information on their warranties so difficult to find. I only confirmed the ability to cancel warranties on a Squaretrade reseller's website. 

 

BTW, I've pulled the trigger and purchased the Fiio X5! :beyersmile: 

It will be my first ever DAP or DAC and I can't wait for the boost in sound quality. SO EXCITED!!!

post #9387 of 19523
Just a heads up.

Over the last few days I've been listening to the new Oppo HA-1 with the X5 as a transport (coaxial output) and after approximately 18 hours total the battery bar is only down one notch. At this rate I won't have to charge it for a week! biggrin.gif
post #9388 of 19523
Hey everyone! I'd like to try out the x5, but i want to know if i really need it. My current setup is sansa clip+ w/rockbox + vsonic gr07 bass edition. I feel like the bass is not as good as id like it to be.. So the question is.. Pair my sansa with an amp, get the x5 or any other suggestions?

I'm mostly listening to trance, dubstep.

Thanks!
post #9389 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post

Wow... This geek wave is targeting all the dap on the market. The comparison chart they have the x5 on it and the x5 only have half bar... What you guys think?https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-it-s-not-a-next-gen-ipod-it-s-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player# description

If only any human being could differentiate between the regular 44.1KHz(or 96KHz, or 192Khz) and 384KHz music... they might have a point...

post #9390 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwind View Post

Hey everyone! I'd like to try out the x5, but i want to know if i really need it. My current setup is sansa clip+ w/rockbox + vsonic gr07 bass edition. I feel like the bass is not as good as id like it to be.. So the question is.. Pair my sansa with an amp, get the x5 or any other suggestions?

I'm mostly listening to trance, dubstep.

Thanks!

Bass is not a specialty of the X5. The X5 is neutral, flat, balanced, detailed and "right". You can, of course, equalize the sound, but still.
If you combine the X5 with the Fiio E12, you'll find better bass, but that's another $130 to the cost.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread