I just got the Fiio X5, which i am very much enjoying with my Shure 215s. I would like to do a little better than this for a portable though. I have some cool headphones like the q701 and Beyerdynamic DT880, but I feel a little silly leaving the house wearing any of those. The 215s are definitely cool and work well for stage performance with the isolation and all, but are maybe a little sketchy for walking, driving, riding bike, etc. I also own the UE SuperFi 5 and am not particularly impressed with it. Personally, I like a bit more bass, wide soundstage with good separation and detail. Trying to keep it in the 75-150 dollar range. I'd like to get the most out of the X5 as the portable player it is but can't really afford higher end. Any thoughts/recommendations? I'm open to a portable headphone, but am thinking an IEM is a better option. Thanks in advance.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productCowon X5Ltagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productFiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Playertagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for Around $100 - Details inside Last post on 1/23/15 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Price:Performance Confusion ; HD600, Q701, Dt880/990 Last post on 11/11/14 at 10:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats alternatives (please help me add to the list) Last post on 7/8/14 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bluebuds X vs. others? Last post on 1/28/14 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Introduction: The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Any recommendations for a IEM to pair with Fiio X5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There's plenty of options in this price range.
I'm very much enjoying Havi B3-pro (ver.1) but it may be a little bass light given your preferences.
You can try Monster Gratitude - while they're quite big, they have great bass and great overall sound - they can be found very cheap.
I can also recommend TDK ie800 or maybe Klipsch X10.
Either Ostry KC06 or (read about the low isolation)...or... (for $200, yes we're pushing it) most certainly Dunu DN-1000.
Or possibly Vsonic VC1000 for about $120. < Good isolation.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 5/13/14 at 4:07am
Based on what i've read about these suggestions, I think i'm most interested in the Yamaha eph100, tdk ie800, or possibly stretching for the dunu dn1000. I wish some of these were more readily available for in store purchase though. Which of the suggestions would be most excellent with the X5 i wonder?
- Any recommendations for a IEM to pair with Fiio X5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DAC question 1 minute ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 1 minute ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 3 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing The Cozoy Astrapi: Hi-Res Lineout audio from your... 5 minutes ago
- › Burson HA-160D or Conductor? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)