Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 1104

post #16546 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

I haven't found a way to so far. I still find the way of making playlists on the X5 quite cumbersome - and usually just make them externally now, and then use folder view to activate them.

Thanks. Seems very strange considering one of the play categories is Playlists.
post #16547 of 16556
Has anyone tried one of the siren series with the x5? Angie in particular?
post #16548 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavinck View Post

Has anyone tried one of the siren series with the x5? Angie in particular?

I'm in the market for some IEMs and will demo the Angie, as well as the Shure 846, and Noble 6, and Westone w60 with my X5 next week when Headphone Bar gets the next shipment of Angie's (they sold the demo!). I may hate all of them for comfort given I have very small ear canals but I have to try them regardless or I'll go nuts wondering what I'm missing. I've tried the 846 and they didn't fit so well but I only tried one pair of tips so there's hope.

I'll report here and the respective threads my impressions, though brief as they may be.
post #16549 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


I'm in the market for some IEMs and will demo the Angie, as well as the Shure 846, and Noble 6, and Westone w60 with my X5 next week when Headphone Bar gets the next shipment of Angie's (they sold the demo!). I may hate all of them for comfort given I have very small ear canals but I have to try them regardless or I'll go nuts wondering what I'm missing. I've tried the 846 and they didn't fit so well but I only tried one pair of tips so there's hope.

I'll report here and the respective threads my impressions, though brief as they may be.


I really enjoy the SE846 + X5 combo! Really clear sound, well separated instruments. 

I also have an RWAK100 II and still prefer to pair the SE846 with X5.

post #16550 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


I'm in the market for some IEMs and will demo the Angie, as well as the Shure 846, and Noble 6, and Westone w60 with my X5 next week when Headphone Bar gets the next shipment of Angie's (they sold the demo!). I may hate all of them for comfort given I have very small ear canals but I have to try them regardless or I'll go nuts wondering what I'm missing. I've tried the 846 and they didn't fit so well but I only tried one pair of tips so there's hope.

I'll report here and the respective threads my impressions, though brief as they may be.

you should consider ie800. they are extremely small, and can fit any ear canals. they sound amazing straight out of x5, this is one of the ways i tested them, and i was very pleased.

post #16551 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefano View Post


I really enjoy the SE846 + X5 combo! Really clear sound, well separated instruments. 
I also have an RWAK100 II and still prefer to pair the SE846 with X5.

I hear that it's a great pairing! I'm going to test all the mentioned IEMs because one never knows what one may prefer and I'm the type of guy that would hate to miss out on that 5% difference if looking in the same price range. I'm very glad to have my X5 to compare them.
post #16552 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj View Post

you should consider ie800. they are extremely small, and can fit any ear canals. they sound amazing straight out of x5, this is one of the ways i tested them, and i was very pleased.

Nah, looking for over the ear cable design and without ports for noise isolation.
Edited by x RELIC x - Yesterday at 6:11 pm
post #16553 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefano View Post
 


I really enjoy the SE846 + X5 combo! Really clear sound, well separated instruments. 

I also have an RWAK100 II and still prefer to pair the SE846 with X5.


+1

post #16554 of 16556
Looking forward to hearing your impressions. Headphone bar is pretty good to buy from out of province. Never been to their store, but ordered from them a few times. This last time I got a bus re400, which they refunded for me so I could get my westone w40s. Interested in the Roxanne and Angie with the x5,as I am a long time headphone guy that has absolutely fallen in love with my w40s and iems in general.
post #16555 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavinck View Post

Looking forward to hearing your impressions. Headphone bar is pretty good to buy from out of province. Never been to their store, but ordered from them a few times. This last time I got a bus re400, which they refunded for me so I could get my westone w40s. Interested in the Roxanne and Angie with the x5,as I am a long time headphone guy that has absolutely fallen in love with my w40s and iems in general.


Love headphone Bar, and Travis is great to deal with. I'm more of a headphone guy as well and seriously enjoy listening to the LCD-XC (with the X5/e12 and Oppo HA-1). I want to have a similar experience while I air travel or when I can't bring my full sized headphones. The Layla would be in my hands now but I've put a limit on the budget so they're out, but from what I've read they are in the top of many users lists, whether its full sized headphones or uIEMs/CIEMs. That's impressive. Although I've splurged on the XC I have a hard time going there with IEMs.

 

Same with the X5. It's in the Goldilocks zone of price/performance for me. I'll do my best to articulate what I hear when I go next week, likely toward the end of the week.

post #16556 of 16556
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post

I'm in the market for some IEMs and will demo the Angie, as well as the Shure 846, and Noble 6, and Westone w60 with my X5 next week when Headphone Bar gets the next shipment of Angie's (they sold the demo!). I may hate all of them for comfort given I have very small ear canals but I have to try them regardless or I'll go nuts wondering what I'm missing. I've tried the 846 and they didn't fit so well but I only tried one pair of tips so there's hope.

I'll report here and the respective threads my impressions, though brief as they may be.

Also interested in your findings. I demoed 846s and ie800s with X5 and after much consideration bought 846s. Two months later the ie800s! Very pleased with synergy from both with X5. I also was told i have very small canals and the 846 are as big as I can take. That's with small green Westone Star tips which I feel give liveliest sound. Be interested if you find Angie larger and a more difficult fit.
Edited by AndrewH13 - Today at 6:34 am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread