Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › AURALiC owners unite!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AURALiC owners unite! - Page 32

post #466 of 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

For me cables are extremely system dependent. I find the X to sound very good however not quite as airy on the top end and as tight on the low end. So for me, I prefer a silver cable. However some find the X on the leaner side abd prefer the additional warmth of copper. I apologize to others if this is off the course of Auralic discussion but finding the best suited IC between Vega abd Taurus I do think has merit to discuss


Thanks for your responses and yes I think you are right...it is pertinent to discuss all aspects of the Taurus amplifier and the interconnect choice is one of the main ones that is important to get right.

I think I may purchase a silver cable to see what differences there are between that and copper.....and a silver headphone cable as well to compare to the stock Audeze copper ones.

post #467 of 1005

Discussions about cables very often ignite some kind of war, for and against and I think it´s because as rydenfan point out, synergy and system matters a lot ( every system is different) + you need a nice quality chain to really gain something from cables. If you have cheap 200 $ DAC and a Taurus, cables doesn´t matter that much IMO. Only 6 weeks ago I tested 4 USB cables on the Metrum Octave 2 DAC and on my Calyx DAC which cost almost double. Much less difference between Lindy USB 30 $, LAT USB 125$, Nordost Blue Heaven 400$ and Audioquest Diamond USB 1000$ on the Metrum Dac than on the Calyx and source was a fannless PC with the new Jplay Jcat USB card (remove lot of noise). So crazy cable investments can make sense if your gear is up to the task and you have a consistant chain with good source. I would say , if you buy both Taurus and Vega DAC you can tune the system a lot for the better with cables, both smoother with copper or more clear with silver. Also buy a better power cable than the 5 $ one that usually come with hifi components, they can be very noisy and bad quality.  So the advice I would have give my self 5 years ago is : Try different cables out and buy second hand, so that you don´t lose much money if you have to sell them again.   

 

I use a Audioquest Colombia XLR ( bought it used) between my Calyx and Harmony amp, neutral but still very smooth sounding cable. Will be interesting to hear how it works with Taurus. My plan is also to get a balanced cable to my HE-500 and I think another silverplated cable will do, as He-500 to me is a bit warm sounding. But it´s trail and error guys, the way to audio heaven is a long and winding road ;)    

post #468 of 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryonfire View Post
 

both smoother with copper or more clear with silver.

I think it will be much better if this discussion is kept out of this thread. The threads get locked in the past because of cable wars. The topic is very controversial, almost religious and always stirs heated debate.

Thanks in advance for not ruining this great thread. :beerchug:

post #469 of 1005

Will keep my mouth shut and never mention cables again :evil:, I know it´s a minefield. We must keep the peace in these holy Easter days. 

 

I hope I get my Taurus 2 next week and maybe if I can make a quick sale on some of my HiFi gear, an Auralic Vega DAC could be in sight too. 

post #470 of 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
 

I think it will be much better if this discussion is kept out of this thread. The threads get locked in the past because of cable wars. The topic is very controversial, almost religious and always stirs heated debate.

Thanks in advance for not ruining this great thread. :beerchug:


With respect, as a new owner of a Taurus amplifier and this thread purports to be about that amp,then I would have thought it quite pertinent to ask about cables that might be suited to this amp. Where else would I ask if not on the Taurus amp thread?

Not being bolshie......just seems perfectly reasonable to ask such a question. Could benefit all Taurus owners who are thinking of re cabling, no? 

post #471 of 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
 


With respect, as a new owner of a Taurus amplifier and this thread purports to be about that amp,then I would have thought it quite pertinent to ask about cables that might be suited to this amp. Where else would I ask if not on the Taurus amp thread?

Not being bolshie......just seems perfectly reasonable to ask such a question. Could benefit all Taurus owners who are thinking of re cabling, no? 

 

I understand and feel the same, but I spent a few days last week browsing these forums and elsewhere online, and .... wow ..... the discussions seem to get way overheated way too quickly, so that there's nothing of value to gain from it, other than high blood pressure. And that's just from reading and not even getting involved.

So I understand the reluctance to get too deep into cable discussion in this thread. Which is a shame as I would also be interested to know what cables others use. 

post #472 of 1005

I think talking about what cables you like with the Taurus is totally appropriate. As long as it doesn't go off into a discussion about cable geometry and if cables even make a difference.

 

I'm currently using some Wireworld Equinox 6 balanced cables between my Vega and Taurus. Sound great! I also have a pair of WyWires balanced cables that I want to compare.

post #473 of 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacore View Post
 

I think talking about what cables you like with the Taurus is totally appropriate. As long as it doesn't go off into a discussion about cable geometry and if cables even make a difference.

 

I'm currently using some Wireworld Equinox 6 balanced cables between my Vega and Taurus. Sound great! I also have a pair of WyWires balanced cables that I want to compare.


Exactly my point. What's wrong with informing other Taurus owners what cables we are using on the amp. I thought this was a Taurus love in and anything relating to the amp was pertinent.

As I said it may prove to be a useful reference for the future as we will know which cables to avoid and which to give house room to.

I am not about to start some great war about the virtues of silver or copper cables....I  just want to know what sounds good with testimonies from users in the real world with this particular amp.

post #474 of 1005

I hear ya man. Let's all keep it on subject and we will be fine.

 

Speaking of that- I forgot to say that I love my WyWires USB cable on the Vega. I not positive, but I think I have a WyWires power cable on the Vega too. I'm a big fan of their cables.

post #475 of 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
 
 

Exactly my point. What's wrong with informing other Taurus owners what cables we are using on the amp. I thought this was a Taurus love in and anything relating to the amp was pertinent.

As I said it may prove to be a useful reference for the future as we will know which cables to avoid and which to give house room to.

I am not about to start some great war about the virtues of silver or copper cables....I  just want to know what sounds good with testimonies from users in the real world with this particular amp.

Depending on the camp you belong to you can find plenty of useful and not so much information

here 

Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) 

The disclaimer 

Quote:
 Due to the flame wars that erupt as a result, this, and the other forums (other than the Sound Science forum), are DBT and ABX-free zones and posts about either will be moved or deleted. See Jude's original post on the matter.

 

 

and here 

Sound Science


Edited by Andrew_WOT - 4/15/14 at 10:17pm
post #476 of 1005
Anyone ever try the Taurus II with a pair of HIFi Man HE-6 phones? I'm interrested in purchasing the Taurus II but I would like to drive this inefficient phone.
post #477 of 1005

.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/2/14 at 10:58pm
post #478 of 1005

This might be a stupid question, but can you bypass the preamp in auralic vega.

post #479 of 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post

Anyone ever try the Taurus II with a pair of HIFi Man HE-6 phones? I'm interrested in purchasing the Taurus II but I would like to drive this inefficient phone.
Same question here
post #480 of 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewewho77 View Post


Same question here

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post

Anyone ever try the Taurus II with a pair of HIFi Man HE-6 phones? I'm interrested in purchasing the Taurus II but I would like to drive this inefficient phone.

 

 

Wow, have you guys even tried looking for this information? Several of us have, and Project86 wrote at length about this pairing in his Inner Fidelity review. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › AURALiC owners unite!