Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165

post #1 of 736
Thread Starter 

Hai 'phoners!

 

I am currently looking for a new set of headphones under $165 that are decent for Dubstep and Trap, and if possible Electronic in general. I want them to have a clear and crisp, yet punchy bass. I want them to have a feel to the *wub* and *erwe* you get in Dubstep. I also want them to have a good overall sound quality, with the excellent bass. I want them to be comfortable for atleast 2-3 hours each listening session.

 

Help me out here, interneteers.

 

EDIT: I currently have the Hesh 2's. Their headband has horrendous comfort.

post #2 of 736

Here's three you might want to consider. These are known for their Bass and overall sound quality for the price.  These are "basshead' headphones with a LOT of Bass, but decent quality Bass and they are are all about a hundred bucks or less. To get into something significantly better you'd probably have to go up to the $300.00 range like the Vmoda M-100 or Pro 900. If you want something with less Bass and more detailed mids and highs, there are many contenders in the Sennheiser lineup and I'm sure those guys will probably chime in. I listen to the same type of music and I prefer a Headphones that lend themselves towards the Bassier side. 

 

1. M-Audio Q40

4. Sony XB 500 

5. Nuforce HP800

 


Edited by bareyb - 3/18/13 at 7:39pm
post #3 of 736

It sounds like the Beyerdynamic DT770 70 Ohms fit your requirements perfectly. Bass boosted, one of the most comfortable headphones out there, and you can find them new within your price range.

post #4 of 736
Try the Audio Technica - M50 smily_headphones1.gif Have alot of bass quantity and very clear highs. Slightly warm mids but that is going to compliment dubstep and trap biggrin.gif
post #5 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx- View Post

Try the Audio Technica - M50 smily_headphones1.gif Have alot of bass quantity and very clear highs. Slightly warm mids but that is going to compliment dubstep and trap biggrin.gif

 

I'm really thinking about those 'cans. But what makes me not entirely sure they're good for my needs is that some people think the M50's are just bad for their price. But I still think the M50's will do the job.

 

1. Audio Technica M-50's

2. Sony XB500

3. (?) SkullCandy Crushers (?)

post #6 of 736

The skullcrushers won't give you the bass you want. Just a very dark and warm noise with not much detail or clarity. I know they look cool but they will let you down! With all skullcandy headphones.

post #7 of 736

Not sure if the M50 is bassy enough to be deemed a bassy headphone though.

post #8 of 736

I've done some extensive A/B side by side testing with the XB500's and M50's with dubstep before and I think that there's no comparrison, the XB500's bass feels like 15 inch subwoofers in your ears, pretty crazy experience.  The M50's however, would definitely be the better overall headphones for all types of music.  If you're gonna be listening to dubstep though, then the XB500's wins hands down, and would be the much better value considering it's going to be about half the price of the M50's if not even cheaper.
 

post #9 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx- View Post

The skullcrushers won't give you the bass you want. Just a very dark and warm noise with not much detail or clarity. I know they look cool but they will let you down! With all skullcandy headphones.

 

I was talking about the "Crushers", not the "SkullCrushers". Look it up for more information.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPham View Post
 
I've done some extensive A/B side by side testing with the XB500's and M50's with dubstep before and I think that there's no comparrison, the XB500's bass feels like 15 inch subwoofers in your ears, pretty crazy experience.  The M50's however, would definitely be the better overall headphones for all types of music.  If you're gonna be listening to dubstep though, then the XB500's wins hands down, and would be the much better value considering it's going to be about half the price of the M50's if not even cheaper.

 

So really the XB500's would deliver good sound quality and pounding bass at mid volumes?

 

P.S. If you could compare the Hesh 2's and the XB500's/M-50's, that would be nice.


Edited by Heitek - 3/18/13 at 1:56pm
post #10 of 736
Hesh lack in bass and have a overpowering treble that coats the noises and reduces quality
post #11 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

Not sure if the M50 is bassy enough to be deemed a bassy headphone though.

+1, I didn't think the M50's were at all that bassy.

post #12 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx- View Post

Hesh lack in bass and have a overpowering treble that coats the noises and reduces quality

Hmm, didn't know they were that bad compared to others :/

post #13 of 736
Skullcandy in general is only for style. Worse then beats and that is bad... ahaha but get yourself some good quality cans! You'll be suprised by the bass and quality presented.
I would sell the hesh for some extra money to afford something really worth your money
post #14 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMolly View Post

+1, I didn't think the M50's were at all that bassy.
They have a very rich bass and it is very present and almost bloated. Very balanced though, only effecting the mids slightly.
post #15 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx- View Post


They have a very rich bass and it is very present and almost bloated. Very balanced though, only effecting the mids slightly.

Well but the thing is OP want's a lot of bass, so while the M50 is significantly bassy, it is not basshead bassy enough i feel.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165