Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread - Page 130

post #1936 of 1944
Yggy = $2299. Jason (co-owner and amp engineer at Schiit) seems to think this price is firm.
post #1937 of 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

Yggy = $2299. Jason (co-owner and amp engineer at Schiit) seems to think this price is firm.

Any information about the price in Europe?

post #1938 of 1944

The non flagship vintage Theta;s can be had at a great price already.  I have a Progeny that I got for in the 300's (USD) and a Pro Basic that I paid $500 for.  They are both fantastic and I really don't miss not being able to play super high res 192 files because they just sound so incredible.  They are perfect side-kicks to the Taboo III.  Ofcourse they do no have exactly the same chip and implementation as the Gen V - but they are fantastic.  If you really just want to get a taste of the R2R sound the Starting Point NOS 1543 Dac is a great place to start for under $250 bills and if in Europe it ships from France so that could be a good route as well.  Also a good match with the Taboo!

 

R2R is the way to go IMHO, as I am also very excited about the Yggy.  I spoke with Steve Deckert about Dac's and he said NOS he believes the is the way to get the most analogue sound.  If/when I get a Yggy it'll be interesting to bring it over to Steve's place and get his thoughts on it.  Although he doesn't have much need for one with his fantastic reel to reel and record collection.

post #1939 of 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post
 

The non flagship vintage Theta;s can be had at a great price already.  I have a Progeny that I got for in the 300's (USD) and a Pro Basic that I paid $500 for.  They are both fantastic and I really don't miss not being able to play super high res 192 files because they just sound so incredible.  They are perfect side-kicks to the Taboo III.  Ofcourse they do no have exactly the same chip and implementation as the Gen V - but they are fantastic.  If you really just want to get a taste of the R2R sound the Starting Point NOS 1543 Dac is a great place to start for under $250 bills and if in Europe it ships from France so that could be a good route as well.  Also a good match with the Taboo!

 

R2R is the way to go IMHO, as I am also very excited about the Yggy.  I spoke with Steve Deckert about Dac's and he said NOS he believes the is the way to get the most analogue sound.  If/when I get a Yggy it'll be interesting to bring it over to Steve's place and get his thoughts on it.  Although he doesn't have much need for one with his fantastic reel to reel and record collection.

Thanks for the tip!
It is a bit difficult to find much info on vintage Theta hardware though; Pro Prime, Progeny, Pro basic II and tons of others.

Many choices, very little info on most of them though.

post #1940 of 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTje View Post
 

Thanks for the tip!
It is a bit difficult to find much info on vintage Theta hardware though; Pro Prime, Progeny, Pro basic II and tons of others.

Many choices, very little info on most of them though.


True Fact.  The most hard info can probably be found here:  http://www.thetadigital.com/legacy_products.shtml

 

Other than that there's just sprinklings of stuff on forums.

post #1941 of 1944
Sorry I don't know frown.gif

You might get an indication by looking up the Europe price of the Ragnarok. US price is $1699.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTje View Post

Any information about the price in Europe?
post #1942 of 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

Sorry I don't know frown.gif

You might get an indication by looking up the Europe price of the Ragnarok. US price is $1699.

 

Haha I actually already did! :biggrin: Not only with the Ragnarok, but with multiple dacs and amps.

It is safe to say that the $ gets replaced with a € in most of the cases, so I expect the same with the Yggdrasil, but I'm not sure if this also goes up for NEW releases. Perhaps at the very first beginning there could be a price difference?

 

Ah well, right after I posted that, I heard about a financial setback that I have, so if I want to buy one, I would have to wait a while anyway.

post #1943 of 1944

After getting the ok from Deckert, I tried a 6sn7 adapter. I think it increases a touch the imaging and soundstage- that is less warm than the 6n1p.  I think it is worth the purchase - recommended - however the adapter I got off ebay would not fit without using a socket saver so watch for that.

post #1944 of 1944

Argh, I have to sell mine again! :( Unforseen financial problems!

That, plus I notice I'm really getting tinnitus. I listen to the LCD-X for many hours in a row every single day, and the volume apparently often is slightly more than it should be. (At least; I don't have that impresion, but the ringing in my ears tells me otherwise.)

 

 

This really frustrates me! I absolutely love the sound so much, but for financial and health reasons I do think I have to sell it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread