As an owner of the original MX1, a new DAC/amp by Audinst? Yes, please.
Personally, i've always wanted an MX1 with an Optical-in, since i've had a lot of problems with USB2, they've added that feature, also with a DD passthrough.
They've revised the MX1, sporting a Burr-Brown PCM1796 over the conventional WM8740.
Replaced that awkward old noisy volume knob on the mk1 with an alps pot.
Allows USB input from android and apple devices.
They also seem to have changed the output impedance from 5 to 2ohms for higher sensitivity iems.
- Can be connected to an iPad (with a camera connection kit) or a smartphone (with an OTG cable) that supports the USB audio
- Adopts a high purity TCXO for the clock generator in the USB controller
- Adopts a high-performance ALPS potentiometer and the highest grade aluminum knob for the front panel volume controller
- Adopts a high level film capacitor from WIMA in the low-pass filter area
- Adopts total eight dedicated regulators and a number of high-performance low-ESRs and tantalum capacitors in main parts for stable and high-quality power supply.
- Adopts high-performance solid capacitors having super low-ESR & high ripple current in the DAC’s power side
- Adopts highest grade metal film registers from Vishay-Dale normally used for high-end audio equipments
- Equipped with the DDC function that converts USB digital audio signals to S/PDIF (optical TX) output
- Supports 88.2kHz signals that most USB audio DACs do not support
- Embedded with an anti-pop circuit to eliminate unnecessary noise when the power is turned on or off
Edited by ThatNzGuy - 3/11/13 at 4:42am