Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! - Page 165

post #2461 of 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

I actually appreciate my TV speakers for what they do. Don't sound harsh or peaky, nor bloated bass. They have no bass and pretty much no treble either but they are inoffensive and pretty good at making speech understandable. A job well done by Sony.

+1! Not all TV speakers are bad but they can't be the best either. Uses Philips TV here and am happy with the built in speaker. Very clean sounding
post #2462 of 2623

My TV's speakers are awful! Luckily, when I retired my Musical Fidelity V-DAC from main listening duties, I found that the TV had a digital output, so it is still doing a nice job, tucked in behind the screen and feeding my system.
 

post #2463 of 2623
Lol that trickery biggrin.gif I love neutral sounding stuff but I also want every detail reveaied, so I love a good subwoofer that I can tune to my extremely flat tastes... I know that people may like louder bass for explosions but many cinemas inevitably end up overdoing it and making the explosion sound so artificial... Which is why i sometimes prefer to wait for the movie to be available on blu-ray and then watch it on my TV connected to my PSB sound system
post #2464 of 2623

-When you go without an item because you can't quite afford the one(s) you want.

-When you don't even bother to listen to music since it won't sound "right" on a certain system.

post #2465 of 2623

I like this thread a lot for some reason... wonder why the previous one got locked :( 

post #2466 of 2623

Thought of another one. You know you're an audiophile when your spouse points out how terrible something sounds. Makes me proud and sad all at the same time.

post #2467 of 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

I like this thread a lot for some reason... wonder why the previous one got locked frown.gif  
Because of 2-3 pages of beats bashing. Or maybe that was the non-audiophile reactions thread, not sure.
post #2468 of 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

Lol that trickery biggrin.gif I love neutral sounding stuff but I also want every detail reveaied, so I love a good subwoofer that I can tune to my extremely flat tastes... I know that people may like louder bass for explosions but many cinemas inevitably end up overdoing it and making the explosion sound so artificial... Which is why i sometimes prefer to wait for the movie to be available on blu-ray and then watch it on my TV connected to my PSB sound system

I hate when there's so much bass on the subwoofer I'm shaking from it violently.
post #2469 of 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

I hate when there's so much bass on the subwoofer I'm shaking from it violently.

I hope you're being sarcastic.
post #2470 of 2623
i think he means it literally... some cinemas really overdo it...
post #2471 of 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

i think he means it literally... some cinemas really overdo it...

all my local cinema does that. :/

post #2472 of 2623
only the IMAX ones in Singapore are slightly better...
post #2473 of 2623
Strange, that never bothers me in movies (neither in music). I actually think it's quite nice. When I was watching the movie "Godzilla" in IMAX the floor was literally shaking viscerally, and it was awesome. I can't imagine anyone who would dislike that tbh.
post #2474 of 2623

Deep, ppwerful bass is good, - loud, boomy, mid-bass is not. I remember watching 'Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' at an otherwise nice independent cinema in Scarborough and some idiot in the sound control booth had obviously been given a graphic equaliser for his birthday.
 

 

Great farts of flabby, uncontrolled booming made the dialogue almost impossible to follow.

post #2475 of 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripBitShooter View Post

i think he means it literally... some cinemas really overdo it...

Yea they really do. They should have parts where it's good to turn up the subwoofer like when Godzilla is stomping.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!