Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Has anyone else seen this on Skullcandy's website?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has anyone else seen this on Skullcandy's website?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

This angers me and makes me laugh at the same time. I seriously hope they don't believe it themselves.

 

 

400

post #2 of 12

lol, the hesh are sh1t. i've heard them and they were simply awful.

post #3 of 12

I heard/read the Hesh2 are a lot better sounding than the original Hesh which was pure crap. The Hesh2 even measures pretty decently for a ~$50 can except for my taste the highs seems too rolled off:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SkullcandyHesh2.pdf

 

I reckon Tyll preferred these over XB500 as a "budget basshead" can. Skullcandy is actually trying to shape up sound quality wise. Hesh2, Aviators and Mix Masters Mike belong to the new line of more focused sound quality headphones, if you compare these 3 versus the other ones, there's a big difference in sound quality. I remember seeing a video interview where the new sound engineer said they had plans to scrap all the old versions in favor for bring out more high quality sounding options.

 

Not trying to defend Skullcandy but I hate to deal with people bashing a company who really tries to shape up bigtime and the people are uninformed so they bash based on their old products.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/15/12 at 3:24pm
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

I heard/read the Hesh2 are a lot better sounding than the original Hesh which was pure crap. The Hesh2 even measures pretty decently for a ~$50 can except for my taste the highs seems too rolled off:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SkullcandyHesh2.pdf

 

I reckon Tyll preferred these over XB500 as a "budget basshead" can. Skullcandy is actually trying to shape up sound quality wise. Hesh2, Aviators and Mix Masters Mike belong to the new line of more focused sound quality headphones, if you compare these 3 versus the other ones, there's a big difference in sound quality. I remember seeing a video interview where the new sound engineer said they had plans to scrap all the old versions in favor for bring out more high quality sounding options.

 

Not trying to defend Skullcandy but I hate to deal with people bashing a company who really tries to shape up bigtime and the people are uninformed so they bash based on their old products.

 

 

I'm not saying they aren't improving, but to make a claim such as this seems quite unreasonable. 

post #5 of 12

How exactly is this any different than Grado claiming they make "truly the world's finest headphones" on their website, or AKG claiming the Q701 is "flat out perfection"?

post #6 of 12

Maybe we are forgetting a bit Skullcandy are mostly aimed at mass consumer market?

Maybe they aren't they best sounding headphone you would find on head-fi for under $100

but off the shelf in a shop where headphones are literally something to make sound? i don't know.

i haven't heard them.

So maybe the claim is a little bit unreasonable.

but at least they aren't claiming to be the absolute headphone to end all headphones, like some?  rolleyes.gif

post #7 of 12
That's why I hate marketing, they always lie. That's how beats got great sales. If marketing was honest we would see better and better headphones instead of companies lying about better quality.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1137 View Post

 

 

I'm not saying they aren't improving, but to make a claim such as this seems quite unreasonable. 

A lot people have made the same claim that RPgWIZARD made. Skull Candy's new CEO(forget his name) is supposedly really shaping up the company.

post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

A lot people have made the same claim that RPgWIZARD made. Skull Candy's new CEO(forget his name) is supposedly really shaping up the company.

 

Well, I certainly hope he is. I'm sick of seeing people waste their money on something much too overpriced.

post #10 of 12
The Grado part is irrelevant, the "truly the worlds finest headphones" is them quoting a review or something from a long time ago.
post #11 of 12

This is the same as a pair of $10 computer speakers having "Dynamic Stereo Sound" on the front. Move along, nothing to see here I reckon.

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1137 View Post

 

Well, I certainly hope he is. I'm sick of seeing people waste their money on something much too overpriced.

Yep the MixMaster Mike's are supposed to sound alright.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Has anyone else seen this on Skullcandy's website?