I have PSB M4U1 and my wife has Nad HP50 and both sound quite similar. I cannot wear the NAD HP50 as I have a smallish head and they do not fit
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- PSB M4U 1 vs B&O Beoplay H6 Last post on 2/19/17 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An Interview with Paul Barton of PSB and NAD - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/27/15 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Introduction and Desktop Amp Recommendation Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? - Page 37
Gear mentioned in this thread:
pads is not durable like you said.
Lightly used. The former owner bought a new B&W P7, which imo, is a (much) worse sounding can compare to these PSB. It has a more quality build an a bling bling factor going for it though.
The stock cable jack is a bit tricky. It seems a tiny bit longer than usual, so that It only sounds good with the stock 3.5mm to 6.5mm converter when I plug in the Schiit Magni.
I'm looking for a M4U1 replacement cable. Looking at the stock cable the straight jack that plugs into the cans seems to be 4-poled, so I would like to know if any cable witth both 3,5", three poled jacks will work or I need a special cable for the M4U1.
Thanks for your help.
For your replacement cable, what would make the M4U1 would sound better is to have a Y cable that delivers the same sound to the left/right and plug into both sockets of the headphones. Trust me when I say this will sound better.
I had someone make my cable.Maybe you can find someone here who can make you the cable. Or look on eBay to someone who makes aftermarket cables and send out a messages asking if such a cable can be made and how mich for the length you want.
That's so you can maybe use a cable with a control on it.IMHO, for the M4U1, there's no need.
Hi i have been using my m4u1 about 1 year now but now i just change to a 3.5 mm balance to 2.5 mm balance and the diference is so noticible. My current player is AK 300. The separation is definetly much better than the stock cable.
Sry for the late reply i use local custom cable cales cypherus Audio. They modified some inside parts only little bit but it is definetly worth the money. Cypherus got a few page on head fi if you wanted to check.
These are still my best over the ear headphones and I keep trying a lot. Impressive overall product.
I switched to the custom cable that someone suggested on ebay. Subtle sound improvement, but great quality cable.
- PSB M4U1 - Thoughts?
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Advice on first major headphone purchase 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 2 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 3 minutes ago
- › [ Interest Check ] : Emotiva Airmotiv 6s Studio Monitors 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio M3 or X1, number of tracks 4 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear