I have PSB M4U1 and my wife has Nad HP50 and both sound quite similar. I cannot wear the NAD HP50 as I have a smallish head and they do not fit
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- PSB M4U 1 vs B&O Beoplay H6 Last post on 7/7/16 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An Interview with Paul Barton of PSB and NAD - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/27/15 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Introduction and Desktop Amp Recommendation Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? - Page 37
Gear mentioned in this thread:
pads is not durable like you said.
Lightly used. The former owner bought a new B&W P7, which imo, is a (much) worse sounding can compare to these PSB. It has a more quality build an a bling bling factor going for it though.
The stock cable jack is a bit tricky. It seems a tiny bit longer than usual, so that It only sounds good with the stock 3.5mm to 6.5mm converter when I plug in the Schiit Magni.
I'm looking for a M4U1 replacement cable. Looking at the stock cable the straight jack that plugs into the cans seems to be 4-poled, so I would like to know if any cable witth both 3,5", three poled jacks will work or I need a special cable for the M4U1.
Thanks for your help.
For your replacement cable, what would make the M4U1 would sound better is to have a Y cable that delivers the same sound to the left/right and plug into both sockets of the headphones. Trust me when I say this will sound better.
I had someone make my cable.Maybe you can find someone here who can make you the cable. Or look on eBay to someone who makes aftermarket cables and send out a messages asking if such a cable can be made and how mich for the length you want.
That's so you can maybe use a cable with a control on it.IMHO, for the M4U1, there's no need.
Hi i have been using my m4u1 about 1 year now but now i just change to a 3.5 mm balance to 2.5 mm balance and the diference is so noticible. My current player is AK 300. The separation is definetly much better than the stock cable.
- PSB M4U1 - Thoughts?
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 33 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear