Since i am new to this DAC thing. I was wondering what external DAC i could use with my ipod, since i hear they have terrible sound quality. Could i use a fiio e7 as a DAC with it?
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productHRT iStreamertagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Am I opening a door here? Last post on 12/25/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there a DAC that sounds better than the Ipod/Ipad line out ? Last post on 11/28/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cheap but good dac Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Dac help... Please!! Last post on 10/27/12 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
DAC to use with my ipod
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/5/12 at 7:03pmQuote:
Apple portable products seem to come with decent DACs.
The cheapest DAC you can connect to the iPod (or iPhone) with is the HRT iStreamer, $155 and it not really a portable on the go DAC.
More likely you carry it around in your decent sized pocket and hook it up when your sitting at a desk or table.
A Fiio E11 with a Fiio L cable is about as much as you can do with an iPod.
So you can not hook the DAC feature of the Fiio E7 or E10 or E17 to the iPod.post #3 of 411/5/12 at 8:41pmQuote:
The cheapest portable DAC that can be used with the iPod pre new ones are the HP-P1, CLAS, and the new Sony and they are all more the same price of around $500+
The iPod's already come with a good DAC. Just get a LOD and a portable amp and you are fine. There are many brands from iBasso, FiiO, Hippo, Headroom, etc that you can choose from. FiiO is generally the most popular for people with a budget of sub $70 which is what you seem to maybe have. A LOD from them is only ~$10.post #4 of 411/6/12 at 6:44am
- DAC to use with my ipod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Sound card equivalent to Astro Mixamp? 56 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 1 minute ago
- › 2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Z1060 32GB (UK seller) 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 3 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi