Since i am new to this DAC thing. I was wondering what external DAC i could use with my ipod, since i hear they have terrible sound quality. Could i use a fiio e7 as a DAC with it?
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productHRT iStreamertagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Am I opening a door here? Last post on 12/25/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there a DAC that sounds better than the Ipod/Ipad line out ? Last post on 11/28/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cheap but good dac Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Dac help... Please!! Last post on 10/27/12 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
DAC to use with my ipod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Apple portable products seem to come with decent DACs.
The cheapest DAC you can connect to the iPod (or iPhone) with is the HRT iStreamer, $155 and it not really a portable on the go DAC.
More likely you carry it around in your decent sized pocket and hook it up when your sitting at a desk or table.
A Fiio E11 with a Fiio L cable is about as much as you can do with an iPod.
So you can not hook the DAC feature of the Fiio E7 or E10 or E17 to the iPod.
The cheapest portable DAC that can be used with the iPod pre new ones are the HP-P1, CLAS, and the new Sony and they are all more the same price of around $500+
The iPod's already come with a good DAC. Just get a LOD and a portable amp and you are fine. There are many brands from iBasso, FiiO, Hippo, Headroom, etc that you can choose from. FiiO is generally the most popular for people with a budget of sub $70 which is what you seem to maybe have. A LOD from them is only ~$10.
- DAC to use with my ipod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS Ultrasone Edition12 20 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 26 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › EAX vs dolby headphone / onboard vs Xonar STX 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)