Since i am new to this DAC thing. I was wondering what external DAC i could use with my ipod, since i hear they have terrible sound quality. Could i use a fiio e7 as a DAC with it?
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productHRT iStreamertagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Am I opening a door here? Last post on 12/25/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there a DAC that sounds better than the Ipod/Ipad line out ? Last post on 11/28/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cheap but good dac Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Dac help... Please!! Last post on 10/27/12 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
DAC to use with my ipod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Apple portable products seem to come with decent DACs.
The cheapest DAC you can connect to the iPod (or iPhone) with is the HRT iStreamer, $155 and it not really a portable on the go DAC.
More likely you carry it around in your decent sized pocket and hook it up when your sitting at a desk or table.
A Fiio E11 with a Fiio L cable is about as much as you can do with an iPod.
So you can not hook the DAC feature of the Fiio E7 or E10 or E17 to the iPod.
The cheapest portable DAC that can be used with the iPod pre new ones are the HP-P1, CLAS, and the new Sony and they are all more the same price of around $500+
The iPod's already come with a good DAC. Just get a LOD and a portable amp and you are fine. There are many brands from iBasso, FiiO, Hippo, Headroom, etc that you can choose from. FiiO is generally the most popular for people with a budget of sub $70 which is what you seem to maybe have. A LOD from them is only ~$10.
- DAC to use with my ipod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 17 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 40 seconds ago
- › Bushmill X Grado 53 seconds ago
- › Do you miss the physical medium in music? 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 2 minutes ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile Music Player 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2