Since i am new to this DAC thing. I was wondering what external DAC i could use with my ipod, since i hear they have terrible sound quality. Could i use a fiio e7 as a DAC with it?
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/6/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productHRT iStreamertagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Am I opening a door here? Last post on 12/25/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there a DAC that sounds better than the Ipod/Ipad line out ? Last post on 11/28/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cheap but good dac Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Dac help... Please!! Last post on 10/27/12 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
DAC to use with my ipod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Apple portable products seem to come with decent DACs.
The cheapest DAC you can connect to the iPod (or iPhone) with is the HRT iStreamer, $155 and it not really a portable on the go DAC.
More likely you carry it around in your decent sized pocket and hook it up when your sitting at a desk or table.
A Fiio E11 with a Fiio L cable is about as much as you can do with an iPod.
So you can not hook the DAC feature of the Fiio E7 or E10 or E17 to the iPod.
The cheapest portable DAC that can be used with the iPod pre new ones are the HP-P1, CLAS, and the new Sony and they are all more the same price of around $500+
The iPod's already come with a good DAC. Just get a LOD and a portable amp and you are fine. There are many brands from iBasso, FiiO, Hippo, Headroom, etc that you can choose from. FiiO is generally the most popular for people with a budget of sub $70 which is what you seem to maybe have. A LOD from them is only ~$10.
- DAC to use with my ipod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 31 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 32 seconds ago
- › Upgrade recommendations for a D2000 owner? 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audio conversion of FLAC & ALAC files 3 minutes ago
- › Indexes don't refresh, some threads keep refreshing 3 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)