Scrap the iLuv hub. Won't work with the iPad. iPad says it draws too much juice...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAntelope Audio - Zodiac Plus HD Mastering 192 kHz D/A Convertertagged by System, 11/7/12
- productEMM Labs DAC2Xtagged by System, 11/7/12
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 11/7/12
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S MKIItagged by System, 11/7/12
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 11/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- This peasant needs EDUMACATION from the AUDIO GODS Last post on 12/3/12 at 1:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- USB DAC/Amp for HD 600 etc: RSA Predator, Nuforce HDP, Pico, Audio-gd FUN/NFB 12 Last post on 4/27/11 at 11:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Worth upgrading from NuForce HDP (DAC) to Schiit Bifrost for Audeze LCD-2? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:18am in Dedicated Source Components
- senn hd600 + icon hdp - problem - too quiet or hardware problem Last post on 2/7/14 at 12:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC suggestions for upgrading from Antelope Zodiac + (with Teddy Pardo psu), Berkeley Alpha Dac... Last post on 1/23/14 at 3:05pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : ) - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
im really interested on this 3d because ,i ve an ipad w lightning connector and i need to connect it to cambridge dacmagic (not plus edition)
The cable you mean is this?
could it work with my dac too?
Thanks all folks
I hope to give my little contribute to this great forum.
I want to know if the cable who talk about hiyono is the cable in the link i attached n the last post.
I want to know if this cable extract digital audio to send via usb to my external dac
I don't know if the plus version of dacmagic works too 'cause it have a different (better) version of the usb input section too.
Amo la mia Mini
In an effort to use my Audioquest DragonFly 1.2 with an iPhone 5s and a iPad Mini Retina, I purchased an Apple Lightening Camera Connector Kit "CCK" (Apple Part No. MD821ZM/A) and a $20 portable Radio Shack usb hub (Part No. 2603763). With the Dragonfly connected to the CCK then to the iPhone I got the "device requires too much power message" on the iPhone and no sound. When I put the hub between the CCK and the Dragonfly there was no message and it worked fine. Same for the iPad Mini.
There must be some monitoring feedback information that blocked by the insertion of the hub in the connection. Hope this is helpful.
Question. The hub is a bit awkward. I think it would be cleaner and less likely to get caught up on something if the bus was really small. Any ideas? I was also wondering if the Audioquest Dragon Tail accessory would work. Anybody tried it?
Edited by bliss53 - 3/6/14 at 3:45pm
Hey guys! Just got my DF 1.2 in, and was able to get it working with iphone 5 as long as I used a usb hub in the link (worked with 2 different hubs, both unpowered, although being powered worked too, just didn't make a difference).
Not sure about the dragon tail, but I just tried a generic usb extender and it didn't work. Still got the power error message on iphone 5. Not %100 sure, but this means the dragon tail probably wouldn't work either since it's basically just a usb extender.
~~Ok, I finally got around to testing out my DF 1.2 dac with my iphone 5s. Just like the iphone 5 I tested, there must be a usb hub in the link for it to work. Just for the heck of it, I tried a lightning to micro usb adapter and then the samsung otg cable. I was hoping it would throw the phone off like the hub and let me use the dac, but unfortunately it didn't even seem to register at all. Too bad, it would be much less cumbersome than a hub! Although tbh someone did tell me the samsung otg cable is very picky, so I'll have to try a universal micro usb otg cable before I can completely rule the idea out. Here's a few pics of an iphone case I modded to accommodate the usb hub and dac. Sorry for the bad quality, my only other camera besides the iphone is my surface pro tablet which seems to lack auto focus?
Here's a better pic of just the case
BTW it sounds incredible. Especially with lossless music (ALAC)
I think I found my solution. Works on both the iPhone 5s and the iPad Mini Retna. See the USB hub at http://www.amazon.com/Cute-USB-2-Port-Splitter-White/dp/B00A81ISJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394942486&sr=1-1&keywords=Cute+USB+Mini+2-Port+USB+2.0+Hub+Splitter+%28White. Cost was $10.00. Total cost $190 (CCK-$30, USB Mini Hub-$10. Dragonfly 1.2 $150).
Edited by bliss53 - 3/15/14 at 9:09pm
Cool! I've been looking for a smaller hub, will have to try that one out!
On another note, have any of ya'll experienced any issues using the usb hub + dac combo? I've been getting some sound distortion when adjusting the volume...
- iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : )
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5P 1 minute ago
- › Absolute Phase: The Next Frontier (yeah right) 1 minute ago
- › Any Songs With Compeling Melodies? - Any Genre/Anything 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob