Scrap the iLuv hub. Won't work with the iPad. iPad says it draws too much juice...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAntelope Audio - Zodiac Plus HD Mastering 192 kHz D/A Convertertagged by System, 11/7/12
- productEMM Labs DAC2Xtagged by System, 11/7/12
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 11/7/12
- productLeckerton Audio UHA-6S MKIItagged by System, 11/7/12
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 11/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- This peasant needs EDUMACATION from the AUDIO GODS Last post on 12/3/12 at 1:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- USB DAC/Amp for HD 600 etc: RSA Predator, Nuforce HDP, Pico, Audio-gd FUN/NFB 12 Last post on 4/27/11 at 11:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Worth upgrading from NuForce HDP (DAC) to Schiit Bifrost for Audeze LCD-2? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:18am in Dedicated Source Components
- senn hd600 + icon hdp - problem - too quiet or hardware problem Last post on 2/7/14 at 12:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC suggestions for upgrading from Antelope Zodiac + (with Teddy Pardo psu), Berkeley Alpha Dac... Last post on 1/23/14 at 3:05pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : ) - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
im really interested on this 3d because ,i ve an ipad w lightning connector and i need to connect it to cambridge dacmagic (not plus edition)
The cable you mean is this?
could it work with my dac too?
Thanks all folks
I hope to give my little contribute to this great forum.
I want to know if the cable who talk about hiyono is the cable in the link i attached n the last post.
I want to know if this cable extract digital audio to send via usb to my external dac
I don't know if the plus version of dacmagic works too 'cause it have a different (better) version of the usb input section too.
Amo la mia Mini
In an effort to use my Audioquest DragonFly 1.2 with an iPhone 5s and a iPad Mini Retina, I purchased an Apple Lightening Camera Connector Kit "CCK" (Apple Part No. MD821ZM/A) and a $20 portable Radio Shack usb hub (Part No. 2603763). With the Dragonfly connected to the CCK then to the iPhone I got the "device requires too much power message" on the iPhone and no sound. When I put the hub between the CCK and the Dragonfly there was no message and it worked fine. Same for the iPad Mini.
There must be some monitoring feedback information that blocked by the insertion of the hub in the connection. Hope this is helpful.
Question. The hub is a bit awkward. I think it would be cleaner and less likely to get caught up on something if the bus was really small. Any ideas? I was also wondering if the Audioquest Dragon Tail accessory would work. Anybody tried it?
Edited by bliss53 - 3/6/14 at 3:45pm
Hey guys! Just got my DF 1.2 in, and was able to get it working with iphone 5 as long as I used a usb hub in the link (worked with 2 different hubs, both unpowered, although being powered worked too, just didn't make a difference).
Not sure about the dragon tail, but I just tried a generic usb extender and it didn't work. Still got the power error message on iphone 5. Not %100 sure, but this means the dragon tail probably wouldn't work either since it's basically just a usb extender.
~~Ok, I finally got around to testing out my DF 1.2 dac with my iphone 5s. Just like the iphone 5 I tested, there must be a usb hub in the link for it to work. Just for the heck of it, I tried a lightning to micro usb adapter and then the samsung otg cable. I was hoping it would throw the phone off like the hub and let me use the dac, but unfortunately it didn't even seem to register at all. Too bad, it would be much less cumbersome than a hub! Although tbh someone did tell me the samsung otg cable is very picky, so I'll have to try a universal micro usb otg cable before I can completely rule the idea out. Here's a few pics of an iphone case I modded to accommodate the usb hub and dac. Sorry for the bad quality, my only other camera besides the iphone is my surface pro tablet which seems to lack auto focus?
Here's a better pic of just the case
BTW it sounds incredible. Especially with lossless music (ALAC)
I think I found my solution. Works on both the iPhone 5s and the iPad Mini Retna. See the USB hub at http://www.amazon.com/Cute-USB-2-Port-Splitter-White/dp/B00A81ISJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394942486&sr=1-1&keywords=Cute+USB+Mini+2-Port+USB+2.0+Hub+Splitter+%28White. Cost was $10.00. Total cost $190 (CCK-$30, USB Mini Hub-$10. Dragonfly 1.2 $150).
Edited by bliss53 - 3/15/14 at 9:09pm
Cool! I've been looking for a smaller hub, will have to try that one out!
On another note, have any of ya'll experienced any issues using the usb hub + dac combo? I've been getting some sound distortion when adjusting the volume...
- iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : )
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › Any one used a Little Dot MK2 or Tubemagic A1 /w T90 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Effects of power cords 3 minutes ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude