or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 96

post #1426 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Let us know how you like that combo, cuz i wasn't impressed with the V-Moda cable on these Logans as i have stated many times.

 

Ok, well I'm not familiar with all your comments regarding the vmoda cable throughout the thread cause I just started coming to it, having just made the snap decision to get the Mikros. I will see what I think. I didn't really hear any audible difference on my Mr. Speakers orthos over that stock cable, so I bet it'll be the same. The ergonomics were better than that cable though.

post #1427 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by FajroMangxanto View Post
 

Just bought the beats cable


^ Nice. So here is the cable breakdown so far:

 

V-Moda (most airy/ softer in presentation, stage is lifted but has the least weight, punch, texture)

 

FiiO MH1 (is less airy than the V-moda and i would say is right in between the stock and V-Moda one, though it is more musical than the stock and V-Moda cable due to the increased bass quantity it is kinda boxy/dry sounding to me)

 

Stock Logan cable (the most tight, snappy, clean, clear and fastest sounding of them all, hence the overall sound can seem more thin/ lean due to it lacking fullness in the bass, most 3D sounding/ micro details more apparent due to its transparency)

 

Cheapo Beats (has the most weight/ texture, with a good touch of added warmth and fullness, speed and clarity is still very good but doesn't "appear" as 3D/ clean as the stock cable but they don't muddy up the sound at all though, the most fun, musical and engaging by far)

 

Quote:
 
  • 100x100px-LS-941ca128_moon1b.jpeg

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Let us know how you like that combo, cuz i wasn't impressed with the V-Moda cable on these Logans as i have stated many times.

 

Ok, well I'm not familiar with all your comments regarding the vmoda cable throughout the thread cause I just started coming to it, having just made the snap decision to get the Mikros. I will see what I think. I didn't really hear any audible difference on my Mr. Speakers orthos over that stock cable, so I bet it'll be the same. The ergonomics were better than that cable though.

^ Even better than since your judgement wouldn't be influenced by what has been posted SO DON'T READ THIS POST!!! LoL


Edited by sfwalcer - 2/13/14 at 10:17pm
post #1428 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ You know i don't joke around when it comes to sound meng. Go order that $2 one from that HK seller WAYNE, you can't go wrong with this cable. Oh and for reference i ordered it from this seller with a best offer of $4.70. They all should be the same cable though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360803478120?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

 

Kinda want to get a black version of this now cuz it matches the color scheme of the Logans, but it's more spendy, sigh.

 

The seller you bought from doesn't ship to Canada btw. But yours is called:

Premium 3.5mm Red Replacement cable for V-Moda On-Ear Crossfade M-80 headphone

 

Anyway, I gotta have black. Found this one that maybe is the same thing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Black-Replacement-cable-V-Moda-On-Ear-Crossfade-M-80-Shadow-headphone-/111217412439?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item19e5130957

3.5mm Black Replacement cable V-Moda On-Ear Crossfade M-80 Shadow headphone
 
I would also prefer an L jack though. Found this one, but I don't have a clue if it's the same thing (although it looks pretty similar):
Replacement Black L Jack Cord Cable Wire Beats By Dre Solo/HD/Studio/Pro - 1.2m

 

Confusing!

post #1429 of 6488

^ LoL they should all be the same, just judge them base on their looks and not the written mumble jumble/ claims of the sellers cuz i am sure they are all made in the same factory somewhere in China that makes bootlegs. haha

 

I would just go for the lowest price one tbh, so i ordered a "L" jack one from that HK seller for $2, let the wait begin!!! :popcorn:

 

Wonder how long it takes them to come in. :rolleyes: 

post #1430 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ Nice. So here is the cable breakdown so far:

 

 

Yeah, I can't wait to get it and my amp. Next week already seems so far away. 

 

But, seriously, anyone who says these are bass light simply has to blame either their source or the recordings that they're listening to. I decided to listen to the Vicious Delicious album, and I think that it definitely confirms what I said earlier about what these headphones staying true to recordings. On the album, there's a lot of mixing between light and heavy/impactful bass, and the latter hits quite hard. It's just not that crazily overbearing (for lack of a better word; it's late) bass that something that the VSD1S has. And, again, this is with the stock cable and no amp. 

 

Edit: Honestly, I'm ridiculously eager to hear what these sound like amped, as well as my B3s. And, I'll be most definitely interested in the te-05 if what mochill says about them as compared to the 90s ends up holding true. 


Edited by FajroMangxanto - 2/13/14 at 11:16pm
post #1431 of 6488

wat about the mikros70....any good, vs TE05? 

 

nobody rolling the pads?? no leather for this beau? no lamb? no Ox..? or hide?

post #1432 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by FajroMangxanto View Post
 

 

Yeah, I can't wait to get it and my amp. Next week already seems so far away. 

 

But, seriously, anyone who says these are bass light simply has to blame either their source or the recordings that they're listening to. I decided to listen to the Vicious Delicious album, and I think that it definitely confirms what I said earlier about what these headphones staying true to recordings. On the album, there's a lot of mixing between light and heavy/impactful bass, and the latter hits quite hard. It's just not that crazily overbearing (for lack of a better word; it's late) bass that something that the VSD1S has. And, again, this is with the stock cable and no amp. 


^ Dats the Logans 90 malleability baby!!! :cool:

 

A GREAT MAN ONCE SAID:

 

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless - like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. "

 

Nuff said.

... dats some deep schiit!!! ;)

post #1433 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ Dats the Logans 90 malleability baby!!! :cool:

 

It was actually the bubble gum pop that did it for me. :o

 

But, yeah, it's the hardest I've heard the 90s hit yet, and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, so far, every song that has played on the album so far sounds amazing on these, and the bass detail is simply ridiculous. All the synth sounds sound awesome and immersive as well. 

post #1434 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by FajroMangxanto View Post
 

 

It was actually the bubble gum pop that did it for me. :o

 

But, yeah, it's the hardest I've heard the 90s hit yet, and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, so far, every song that has played on the album so far sounds amazing on these, and the bass detail is simply ridiculous. All the synth sounds sound awesome and immersive as well. 


^ DAT REALISM AND MICRO DETAILING. :cool: That was what got me when i listened to them late at high the very 1st day i got them, cuz those nuance things will literally jump out at you in dead quiet environments and i have heard some of those albums tons of times and didn't hear what i heard so easily/ effortlessly with these Logans.

 

If ya'll are not impressed with these Logans initially just go listen to some of your favorite albums at night when it is dead quiet. Gonna be a fun trip fo' sho. :)

 

edit: oh and that bubble gums gets to everyone, so you ain't THAT special. :p

post #1435 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ DAT REALISM AND MICRO DETAILING. :cool: That was what got me when i listened to them late at high the very 1st day i got them, cuz those nuance things will literally jump out at you in dead quiet environments and i have heard some of those albums tons of times and didn't hear what i heard so easily/ effortlessly with these Logans.

 

If ya'll are not impressed with these Logans initially just go listen to some of your favorite albums at night when it is dead quiet. Gonna be a fun trip fo' sho. :)

 

edit: oh and that bubble gums gets to everyone, so you ain't THAT special. :p

 

Haha, yeah! I've had to take them off a couple of times because I thought I was hearing something in the room. 

post #1436 of 6488
Listening to The London Symphonic Orchestra..playing Dance of the Hour by Poncheilli,
Sounded so huge n spacious I barely regconise the piece until the climax came...
Had to flip back to my iTunes to check what piece is this tongue.gif

People walking by me...in a cafe....iPad n Vmoda cable..elegant
Fantastically simple!

This is the power of the tiny Mikros.


GET IT NOW!
post #1437 of 6488

I have my doubts about cables making any changes at all...

but I might order that beats cable that for $2.40 for the lolz

Not expecting anything

post #1438 of 6488
Every link in the sound chain makes a diff...
From earwax to the dap smily_headphones1.gif
( including the USB cable....oops, trolling for the digital storm troopers to snuf me out! )
post #1439 of 6488

Don't really want to get into this debate here but I'll just leave this here...

 

 

Ain't no harm in trying though! (especially if they are that cheap)

post #1440 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Don't really want to get into this debate here but I'll just leave this here...

 

 

Ain't no harm in trying though! (especially if they are that cheap)

Spectral graphs?!?!?!?!?!?!?  WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' SPECTRAL GRAPHS!!!

 

[We got ears.]


Edited by pataburd - 2/14/14 at 9:13am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones