There is a difference in how the control talk works - most say the MH1 control talk does not work with their player and they have to press the middle button to get it to sound correct where is does then sound exactly like the MH1C but you do not have to mess with the control talk. The control talk will work with some devices but the sound is the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume Last post on 4/11/13 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by Twister6. PG 1949. Last post on Today at 8:09 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones do you recommend until 80 usd Last post on 5/8/15 at 3:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 121
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. They actually raised the price before you asked (from $21 to $27) but here it is and it's still a better deal than anything else I could find.
Hey bro, i custom reshell + recable to UE custom cable with my MH1C.
just sent them out last week, should be back to my hand in a month.
Congrats! You just might have the most $$$s set of MH1Cs in this known universe.
Pics now!!! But do fill us in on how many pretty pennies it cost you to do it. haha
I can't wait to hear how that goes!
Still, any time I use my MH1c, you can bet I've got something much better sounding with me in case I get the opportunity to listen to my music somewhere quiet. The MH1c is like a car stereo for this bicycle commuter, and it performs in that role admirably, better than anything else that I have. But it just isn't worthy of being used at home, lest I find myself wishing I was listening to any other IEM I own.
THAT'S pure opinion.
People who enjoy bass dominated playback will likely enjoy the MH1, since the bass is HEAVILY boosted, but in a manner that doesn't ruin the mids and highs. People who enjoy accurate/analytical playback, as I do, probably won't like the MH1 much, because it doesn't sound remotely natural. Neither group is wrong; they just have different tastes.
And I thought that reshelling a westone 4R was a crazy idea
Never said that it wasn't but what is your point? That a $20 earphone isn't the be all and end all? Duh!!! Isn't that sort of a given? (and I don't think anyone, on any of these threads, has ever said they were) The question is: what does it contribute to get on a VW Bug discussion thread and start talking about how you prefer your RX-8 or BMW? Is it all about showing how sophisticated you are or something? Have you looked at my gear list? I have some of the most neutral and analytical stuff on the planet. It wouldn't be hard for me to start dissecting every little flaw of the Sony's to show how refined my tastes are. My point isn't that these little gems are the last word in headphones, my point is that it's quite a feat that, at this price, they are as listenable as they are (without totally F_ _ _ing up everything).
Edited by listenCarefully - 1/20/13 at 9:18pm
My point is that your opinion is no more relevant than that of anyone else, no matter how refined you imagine your own listening tastes to be. Remember when you wrote:
The fact is that many people, particularly those who prefer a natural, analytic sound, need only listen to familiar music on the MH1 for about ten seconds before they find themselves thinking, "man, I wish I was listening to (fill in the blank). That's exactly why I carry another IEM with me whenever I use the MH1c on my commute; otherwise I'd end up spending my time wishing I had a better sounding IEM instead of spending that time appreciating my music.
10/10 irony score right there.
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 17 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 33 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Hello and HELP! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)