There is a difference in how the control talk works - most say the MH1 control talk does not work with their player and they have to press the middle button to get it to sound correct where is does then sound exactly like the MH1C but you do not have to mess with the control talk. The control talk will work with some devices but the sound is the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume Last post on 4/11/13 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page 1931!! Last post on 3/28/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTS/WTT Sony NWZ-A17 and Ipod Touch 64GB Last post on 2/10/15 at 11:15am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 121
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. They actually raised the price before you asked (from $21 to $27) but here it is and it's still a better deal than anything else I could find.
Hey bro, i custom reshell + recable to UE custom cable with my MH1C.
just sent them out last week, should be back to my hand in a month.
Congrats! You just might have the most $$$s set of MH1Cs in this known universe.
Pics now!!! But do fill us in on how many pretty pennies it cost you to do it. haha
I can't wait to hear how that goes!
Still, any time I use my MH1c, you can bet I've got something much better sounding with me in case I get the opportunity to listen to my music somewhere quiet. The MH1c is like a car stereo for this bicycle commuter, and it performs in that role admirably, better than anything else that I have. But it just isn't worthy of being used at home, lest I find myself wishing I was listening to any other IEM I own.
THAT'S pure opinion.
People who enjoy bass dominated playback will likely enjoy the MH1, since the bass is HEAVILY boosted, but in a manner that doesn't ruin the mids and highs. People who enjoy accurate/analytical playback, as I do, probably won't like the MH1 much, because it doesn't sound remotely natural. Neither group is wrong; they just have different tastes.
And I thought that reshelling a westone 4R was a crazy idea
Never said that it wasn't but what is your point? That a $20 earphone isn't the be all and end all? Duh!!! Isn't that sort of a given? (and I don't think anyone, on any of these threads, has ever said they were) The question is: what does it contribute to get on a VW Bug discussion thread and start talking about how you prefer your RX-8 or BMW? Is it all about showing how sophisticated you are or something? Have you looked at my gear list? I have some of the most neutral and analytical stuff on the planet. It wouldn't be hard for me to start dissecting every little flaw of the Sony's to show how refined my tastes are. My point isn't that these little gems are the last word in headphones, my point is that it's quite a feat that, at this price, they are as listenable as they are (without totally F_ _ _ing up everything).
Edited by listenCarefully - 1/20/13 at 9:18pm
My point is that your opinion is no more relevant than that of anyone else, no matter how refined you imagine your own listening tastes to be. Remember when you wrote:
The fact is that many people, particularly those who prefer a natural, analytic sound, need only listen to familiar music on the MH1 for about ten seconds before they find themselves thinking, "man, I wish I was listening to (fill in the blank). That's exactly why I carry another IEM with me whenever I use the MH1c on my commute; otherwise I'd end up spending my time wishing I had a better sounding IEM instead of spending that time appreciating my music.
10/10 irony score right there.
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Could noise canceling headphones cause hearing damage? 1 minute ago
- › Which feature do you most want to see from Rockbox in our X series... 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2