There is a difference in how the control talk works - most say the MH1 control talk does not work with their player and they have to press the middle button to get it to sound correct where is does then sound exactly like the MH1C but you do not have to mess with the control talk. The control talk will work with some devices but the sound is the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume Last post on 4/11/13 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. Last post on Yesterday at 9:44 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones do you recommend until 80 usd Last post on 5/8/15 at 3:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 121
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. They actually raised the price before you asked (from $21 to $27) but here it is and it's still a better deal than anything else I could find.
Hey bro, i custom reshell + recable to UE custom cable with my MH1C.
just sent them out last week, should be back to my hand in a month.
Congrats! You just might have the most $$$s set of MH1Cs in this known universe.
Pics now!!! But do fill us in on how many pretty pennies it cost you to do it. haha
I can't wait to hear how that goes!
Still, any time I use my MH1c, you can bet I've got something much better sounding with me in case I get the opportunity to listen to my music somewhere quiet. The MH1c is like a car stereo for this bicycle commuter, and it performs in that role admirably, better than anything else that I have. But it just isn't worthy of being used at home, lest I find myself wishing I was listening to any other IEM I own.
THAT'S pure opinion.
People who enjoy bass dominated playback will likely enjoy the MH1, since the bass is HEAVILY boosted, but in a manner that doesn't ruin the mids and highs. People who enjoy accurate/analytical playback, as I do, probably won't like the MH1 much, because it doesn't sound remotely natural. Neither group is wrong; they just have different tastes.
And I thought that reshelling a westone 4R was a crazy idea
Never said that it wasn't but what is your point? That a $20 earphone isn't the be all and end all? Duh!!! Isn't that sort of a given? (and I don't think anyone, on any of these threads, has ever said they were) The question is: what does it contribute to get on a VW Bug discussion thread and start talking about how you prefer your RX-8 or BMW? Is it all about showing how sophisticated you are or something? Have you looked at my gear list? I have some of the most neutral and analytical stuff on the planet. It wouldn't be hard for me to start dissecting every little flaw of the Sony's to show how refined my tastes are. My point isn't that these little gems are the last word in headphones, my point is that it's quite a feat that, at this price, they are as listenable as they are (without totally F_ _ _ing up everything).
Edited by listenCarefully - 1/20/13 at 9:18pm
My point is that your opinion is no more relevant than that of anyone else, no matter how refined you imagine your own listening tastes to be. Remember when you wrote:
The fact is that many people, particularly those who prefer a natural, analytic sound, need only listen to familiar music on the MH1 for about ten seconds before they find themselves thinking, "man, I wish I was listening to (fill in the blank). That's exactly why I carry another IEM with me whenever I use the MH1c on my commute; otherwise I'd end up spending my time wishing I had a better sounding IEM instead of spending that time appreciating my music.
10/10 irony score right there.
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 2 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › [Sony XBA-40] Right earpiece no longer forms seal with ear? BA... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › FS: HIFIMAN 901 with Balanced Card and Extra Battery 3 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Which under-$100 USB DAC, from these choices? 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3