There is a difference in how the control talk works - most say the MH1 control talk does not work with their player and they have to press the middle button to get it to sound correct where is does then sound exactly like the MH1C but you do not have to mess with the control talk. The control talk will work with some devices but the sound is the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 121
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. They actually raised the price before you asked (from $21 to $27) but here it is and it's still a better deal than anything else I could find.
Hey bro, i custom reshell + recable to UE custom cable with my MH1C.
just sent them out last week, should be back to my hand in a month.
Congrats! You just might have the most $$$s set of MH1Cs in this known universe.
Pics now!!! But do fill us in on how many pretty pennies it cost you to do it. haha
I can't wait to hear how that goes!
Still, any time I use my MH1c, you can bet I've got something much better sounding with me in case I get the opportunity to listen to my music somewhere quiet. The MH1c is like a car stereo for this bicycle commuter, and it performs in that role admirably, better than anything else that I have. But it just isn't worthy of being used at home, lest I find myself wishing I was listening to any other IEM I own.
THAT'S pure opinion.
People who enjoy bass dominated playback will likely enjoy the MH1, since the bass is HEAVILY boosted, but in a manner that doesn't ruin the mids and highs. People who enjoy accurate/analytical playback, as I do, probably won't like the MH1 much, because it doesn't sound remotely natural. Neither group is wrong; they just have different tastes.
And I thought that reshelling a westone 4R was a crazy idea
Never said that it wasn't but what is your point? That a $20 earphone isn't the be all and end all? Duh!!! Isn't that sort of a given? (and I don't think anyone, on any of these threads, has ever said they were) The question is: what does it contribute to get on a VW Bug discussion thread and start talking about how you prefer your RX-8 or BMW? Is it all about showing how sophisticated you are or something? Have you looked at my gear list? I have some of the most neutral and analytical stuff on the planet. It wouldn't be hard for me to start dissecting every little flaw of the Sony's to show how refined my tastes are. My point isn't that these little gems are the last word in headphones, my point is that it's quite a feat that, at this price, they are as listenable as they are (without totally F_ _ _ing up everything).
Edited by listenCarefully - 1/20/13 at 9:18pm
My point is that your opinion is no more relevant than that of anyone else, no matter how refined you imagine your own listening tastes to be. Remember when you wrote:
The fact is that many people, particularly those who prefer a natural, analytic sound, need only listen to familiar music on the MH1 for about ten seconds before they find themselves thinking, "man, I wish I was listening to (fill in the blank). That's exactly why I carry another IEM with me whenever I use the MH1c on my commute; otherwise I'd end up spending my time wishing I had a better sounding IEM instead of spending that time appreciating my music.
10/10 irony score right there.
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = just now
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › After you buy a headphone what is most important to you? 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! 1 minute ago
- › Auralic Ark MX+ 1 minute ago
- › Turbulent X headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What do you do for a living? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)