Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › A new player is entering the fray - iHiFi960 (with unboxing pictures)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A new player is entering the fray - iHiFi960 (with unboxing pictures) - Page 4

post #46 of 59
Congrats, I can't wait to read your impressions.
post #47 of 59

Hi everyone here,

 

I have to go to Hongkong end of this month. So, Please help me to know where to buy ihifi960 in HK?

 

I'm stay at Langham Place Mongkok, 555 Shanghai Street. So, Please recommend me where to go to some shop to buy ihifi960.

 

Thanks to everyone ^^

post #48 of 59
I found this info on erji.net, you can audition it here:


Listen Address: No. 25 West Renmin Road, Nanchang District, Wuxi Buynow Room 3E12, 3rd Floor

Phone 0510 -81,080,050


Opening hours 09:00 - 18:00
post #49 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrophonic View Post

I found this info on erji.net, you can audition it here:
Listen Address: No. 25 West Renmin Road, Nanchang District, Wuxi Buynow Room 3E12, 3rd Floor
Phone 0510 -81,080,050
Opening hours 09:00 - 18:00


Hi friend ,, Thank you so much for your help ^^

post #50 of 59
Thread Starter 

Just a heads up...

 

I am still letting the player burn in, but I really like what I hear so far.  While I still wish it had seamless ("gapless") transitions between songs, the breaks aren't as abrupt as other players I've heard!

I will post more soon.

 

Right now, I am listening to the player with AKG K550s and after some initial roughness in the high frequency sound (sibilance), things are smoothing out nicely and the sibilance has almost totally disappeared.  One note though, don't get this player for the EQ effects...they suck.  It's more like completely filtering out bands of frequencies instead of offering a true attenuation/amplification of the frequency bands.

 

More later!

 

Cheers! beerchug.gif

-HK sends

 

PS- I am still only listening through the Headphone Out...I haven't tried the line or digital outputs yet.


Edited by HK_sends - 11/10/12 at 1:05pm
post #51 of 59

Here's an unboxing video I just found while searching for user reviews of this DAP.

 

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDc1NDE0NTE2.html

post #52 of 59
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the video!  Unfortunately, I have been kept much busier than I had hoped so I haven't been able to spend near enough time listening to it to do a review.

 

I did have a couple of questions for you, retrophonic.  Are you able to contact the manufacturer?  Do you know if there will be any firmware updates for the 960 and if so, can you suggest some improvements?  My biggest beef with the three Chinese DAPs that I have is that no one seems to grasp the idea of "gapless" or seamless transitions between songs.  There's always a momentary break that throws you out of the moment.  While the 960 has the smallest gap time between songs (about 3/4 of a second to one second), it's definitely there.  Since the Cowon company has been able to do gapless transitions since their D2 player, why can't iHIFI's company, Little Dot, or Dugood (makes the HDAP-01, which I am testing as well) do the same.

 

Is the rockchip that limited?  Everything else seems to be of the highest quality.  If these companies could implement gapless/seamless transitions between songs (no matter what file type), they would sell bucket loads in the U.S.  Of course it would help if they could support high bit-rate audio files as well...wink_face.gif

 

The Head-Fi community needs to get the word to these manufacturers (unfortunately, my skill in Chinese doesn't extend beyond Google Translate).  These limitations are holding them back from doing much bigger business in the U.S. and abroad.  There are many folks that want a good DAP at a good price with those basic features...even Fiio is coming around to see that.  iBasso too, but I can't afford their DX100.

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends


Edited by HK_sends - 11/25/12 at 11:50pm
post #53 of 59
I've been searching the ihifi forum for the last couple of months, and have only come up with a broken link for a firmware update. I'm also in the same boat as you, and can only navigate through the website using an online translator, so I would suggest posting your concerns in the ihifi forums with a translater and Iwill try the same ad well.
post #54 of 59
Thread Starter 

    Quote:

Originally Posted by retrophonic View Post

I've been searching the ihifi forum for the last couple of months, and have only come up with a broken link for a firmware update. I'm also in the same boat as you, and can only navigate through the website using an online translator, so I would suggest posting your concerns in the ihifi forums with a translater and Iwill try the same ad well.

That works (I found the same broken link).  Sorry, I wasn't sure if you had a better understanding of Chinese than I did.  I will try to post something in their forum and Erji.net if I can manage it.  Unless one of our Chinese Head-Fi bretheren could manage to do it for us.

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #55 of 59

The player looked nice in the video, until when it reaches the top and shows a 'lid kind of cover' on the top. It would have been nice if it was just one slab of plastic/metal (whatever its made of)

post #56 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

Thanks for the video!  Unfortunately, I have been kept much busier than I had hoped so I haven't been able to spend near enough time listening to it to do a review.

 

I did have a couple of questions for you, retrophonic.  Are you able to contact the manufacturer?  Do you know if there will be any firmware updates for the 960 and if so, can you suggest some improvements?  My biggest beef with the three Chinese DAPs that I have is that no one seems to grasp the idea of "gapless" or seamless transitions between songs.  There's always a momentary break that throws you out of the moment.  While the 960 has the smallest gap time between songs (about 3/4 of a second to one second), it's definitely there.  Since the Cowon company has been able to do gapless transitions since their D2 player, why can't iHIFI's company, Little Dot, or Dugood (makes the HDAP-01, which I am testing as well) do the same.

 

Is the rockchip that limited?  Everything else seems to be of the highest quality.  If these companies could implement gapless/seamless transitions between songs (no matter what file type), they would sell bucket loads in the U.S.  Of course it would help if they could support high bit-rate audio files as well...wink_face.gif

 

The Head-Fi community needs to get the word to these manufacturers (unfortunately, my skill in Chinese doesn't extend beyond Google Translate).  These limitations are holding them back from doing much bigger business in the U.S. and abroad.  There are many folks that want a good DAP at a good price with those basic features...even Fiio is coming around to see that.  iBasso too, but I can't afford their DX100.

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

+ 1000,000. I don't know why it's so hard to implement gapless. Apple are pretty much the only ones to offer this out of the box, and ipods suck sq wise

post #57 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post

+ 1000,000. I don't know why it's so hard to implement gapless. Apple are pretty much the only ones to offer this out of the box, and ipods suck sq wise

Cowon Players do as well.  I have owned three; the D2 (which supported gapless after a firmware update), the S9 and J3...both of which supported gapless out of the box.  The 960 is an excellent player and has a great sound.  They need to update the firmware to tighten up the user interface a little and to get rid of some cracks and pops between some songs...and to support gapless...and to support 32gb Kingston Class 4 Micro SD cards.  Mine doesn't support the Kingston 32gb card even though the player has the recommendation stenciled on it.  It will support the 16gb Kingston card and oddly enough will support the Sandisk 32gb card as well, so I'm not too broken up about it.

 

But, dang it...I want gapless!

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #58 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post

+ 1000,000. I don't know why it's so hard to implement gapless. Apple are pretty much the only ones to offer this out of the box, and ipods suck sq wise

rolleyes.gif

post #59 of 59

any more news regarding this dap?

did anyone else aside from the reviewer who bought it?

im really interested in this dap.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › A new player is entering the fray - iHiFi960 (with unboxing pictures)