yeah its a great amp.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 11/18/13 at 8:55am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Searching for a High-End Portable amp for my customs Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for HD 650 Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 40post #586 of 6945/3/13 at 2:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 6945/4/13 at 10:53pm
Check on the ALO site. There's a video showing them mating an International to a Classic using a LOD. It looked like they were plugging it into the DAC section. Of coarse what do I know I could be wrong.post #588 of 6945/5/13 at 5:28pm
Anyone has an HTC phone can use the DAC section of the Glacier? Please help me on this as I have a new HTC One and do not know where to start: buying a micro-micro usb or male micro- female usb to plug into the male usb - micro usb of the Glacier? Any software I need to install?post #589 of 6945/5/13 at 5:43pm
Sold my Glacier. It is nice, really nice, and that's an understatement, but I just never use it, so it's too expensive to keep in a box. Thought about holding onto it to pair with the Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One when I upgrade my phone in a couple months, but I really don't want to be carrying and worrying about another device on top of my phone.post #590 of 6945/5/13 at 9:35pmQuote:Try the android phones and usb dac thread....many good info there. Anyway I'll quote danba's post here since the thread is quite long.....get the micro to micro OTG cable and its plug and play for the HTC One...any player should work out of the box.Originally Posted by midnightwalker
Anyone has an HTC phone can use the DAC section of the Glacier? Please help me on this as I have a new HTC One and do not know where to start: buying a micro-micro usb or male micro- female usb to plug into the male usb - micro usb of the Glacier? Any software I need to install?Quote:Originally Posted by DanBa
USB OTG cables:
USB OTG-capable Android device > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> standard USB DAC
"Copper/Silver Series Android LOD made for connecting your Android device through digital out to external DAC. Features FAW custom made, gold plated Micro-B USB plug with OFC copper pins and USB connector of your choice. Check first if your Android device supports digital line out through USB OTG cable. For best ergonomics and orientation of plugs (if they should be inverted or not), write your setup in comment box at the checkout (Android device and external DAC)."
"All my cables work with Android devices like eg, Galaxy S3, HTC One etc. In all of them ID pin is connected to ground to enable digital line out."
. Functional Micro-A plug, i.e. ID pin connected to ground, having the appearance of a Micro-B plug to Standard-B plug cable
. Functional Micro-A plug having the appearance of a Micro-B plug to Mini-B plug cable
. Functional Micro-A plug having the appearance of a Micro-B plug to Micro-B plug cable
Cables to connect a DAC to an amp:
Cables to connect an amp to headphones / IEM:
:post #591 of 6945/5/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
Nah, the LoD plugs into the 3.5 input (the one near volume knob) and he uses balanced out for the earphone. Stop the clip at 0:23 and you will see.Quote:Originally Posted by SurfWax
Sold my Glacier. It is nice, really nice, and that's an understatement, but I just never use it, so it's too expensive to keep in a box. Thought about holding onto it to pair with the Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One when I upgrade my phone in a couple months, but I really don't want to be carrying and worrying about another device on top of my phone.
Believe me, it is worth to try ;)Quote:
Thank you very much, rckyosho. I think the one below will fit the HTC One and Glacier
Edited by midnightwalker - 5/5/13 at 10:53pmpost #592 of 6945/9/13 at 12:01am
I confirm that the international S4-4G does not work with the Glacier....
Edit : I also confirm that Samsung S4 international version-3G variant does not work with the Glacier.
Edited by turokrocks - 5/9/13 at 2:59ampost #593 of 6945/9/13 at 6:24ampost #594 of 6945/9/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
Hold on. Did you disable charging function from dac port?post #595 of 6945/10/13 at 1:17ampost #596 of 6945/10/13 at 1:33am
Theres probably a issue with the new SoC and the USB controller, regarding the current version of Jellybean which I would guess is the same one as the one on S3 hopefully a Jellybean update will address this, I would guess its probably a case of compiling up more up to date USB modules for the new hardware.post #597 of 6945/13/13 at 9:12ampost #598 of 6945/13/13 at 9:59ampost #599 of 6945/15/13 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by fuzzy1969
I bought the s3 for a number of reasons, GPS when hiking/wlaking/biking (the S1 and S2 GPS is a bit naff) and a DAP (best to use it in airplane mode anyway, stops interference from the mobile network) but Ive also got a practical devices xm6 and PCStep which work with the S3 as well.
Hey Fuzzy, I'm right in the middle of figuring out what DAC/AMP combo I want to go with on my S3 you've got 3 of the 5 I've been looking at. Would you be able to tell me how you felt the S3 paired with the Glacier, XM6, and PCStep? Like comparatively, and which one did you like best?
Thanks a lot, I hope to gets some good ideas from youpost #600 of 6945/15/13 at 2:45am
I kinda like them all, I prefer to have options but for serious sit down listening the PCStep or the XM6 (in that order) , the apex glacier is quite energetic, they all pair fine and Neutron/Powewamp android mixer functions work.
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones recommendation for <$200 (more details inside) 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi