yeah its a great amp.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 1/31/14 at 4:45am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 40post #586 of 7575/3/13 at 2:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 7575/4/13 at 10:53pm
Check on the ALO site. There's a video showing them mating an International to a Classic using a LOD. It looked like they were plugging it into the DAC section. Of coarse what do I know I could be wrong.post #588 of 7575/5/13 at 5:28pm
Anyone has an HTC phone can use the DAC section of the Glacier? Please help me on this as I have a new HTC One and do not know where to start: buying a micro-micro usb or male micro- female usb to plug into the male usb - micro usb of the Glacier? Any software I need to install?post #589 of 7575/5/13 at 5:43pm
Sold my Glacier. It is nice, really nice, and that's an understatement, but I just never use it, so it's too expensive to keep in a box. Thought about holding onto it to pair with the Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One when I upgrade my phone in a couple months, but I really don't want to be carrying and worrying about another device on top of my phone.post #590 of 7575/5/13 at 9:35pmQuote:Try the android phones and usb dac thread....many good info there. Anyway I'll quote danba's post here since the thread is quite long.....get the micro to micro OTG cable and its plug and play for the HTC One...any player should work out of the box.Originally Posted by midnightwalker
Anyone has an HTC phone can use the DAC section of the Glacier? Please help me on this as I have a new HTC One and do not know where to start: buying a micro-micro usb or male micro- female usb to plug into the male usb - micro usb of the Glacier? Any software I need to install?Quote:Originally Posted by DanBa
USB OTG cables:
USB OTG-capable Android device > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> standard USB DAC
"Copper/Silver Series Android LOD made for connecting your Android device through digital out to external DAC. Features FAW custom made, gold plated Micro-B USB plug with OFC copper pins and USB connector of your choice. Check first if your Android device supports digital line out through USB OTG cable. For best ergonomics and orientation of plugs (if they should be inverted or not), write your setup in comment box at the checkout (Android device and external DAC)."
"All my cables work with Android devices like eg, Galaxy S3, HTC One etc. In all of them ID pin is connected to ground to enable digital line out."
. Functional Micro-A plug, i.e. ID pin connected to ground, having the appearance of a Micro-B plug to Standard-B plug cable
. Functional Micro-A plug having the appearance of a Micro-B plug to Mini-B plug cable
. Functional Micro-A plug having the appearance of a Micro-B plug to Micro-B plug cable
Cables to connect a DAC to an amp:
Cables to connect an amp to headphones / IEM:
:post #591 of 7575/5/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
Nah, the LoD plugs into the 3.5 input (the one near volume knob) and he uses balanced out for the earphone. Stop the clip at 0:23 and you will see.Quote:Originally Posted by SurfWax
Sold my Glacier. It is nice, really nice, and that's an understatement, but I just never use it, so it's too expensive to keep in a box. Thought about holding onto it to pair with the Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One when I upgrade my phone in a couple months, but I really don't want to be carrying and worrying about another device on top of my phone.
Believe me, it is worth to try ;)Quote:
Thank you very much, rckyosho. I think the one below will fit the HTC One and Glacier
Edited by midnightwalker - 5/5/13 at 10:53pmpost #592 of 7575/9/13 at 12:01am
I confirm that the international S4-4G does not work with the Glacier....
Edit : I also confirm that Samsung S4 international version-3G variant does not work with the Glacier.
Edited by turokrocks - 5/9/13 at 2:59ampost #593 of 7575/9/13 at 6:24ampost #594 of 7575/9/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
Hold on. Did you disable charging function from dac port?post #595 of 7575/10/13 at 1:17ampost #596 of 7575/10/13 at 1:33am
Theres probably a issue with the new SoC and the USB controller, regarding the current version of Jellybean which I would guess is the same one as the one on S3 hopefully a Jellybean update will address this, I would guess its probably a case of compiling up more up to date USB modules for the new hardware.post #597 of 7575/13/13 at 9:12ampost #598 of 7575/13/13 at 9:59ampost #599 of 7575/15/13 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by fuzzy1969
I bought the s3 for a number of reasons, GPS when hiking/wlaking/biking (the S1 and S2 GPS is a bit naff) and a DAP (best to use it in airplane mode anyway, stops interference from the mobile network) but Ive also got a practical devices xm6 and PCStep which work with the S3 as well.
Hey Fuzzy, I'm right in the middle of figuring out what DAC/AMP combo I want to go with on my S3 you've got 3 of the 5 I've been looking at. Would you be able to tell me how you felt the S3 paired with the Glacier, XM6, and PCStep? Like comparatively, and which one did you like best?
Thanks a lot, I hope to gets some good ideas from youpost #600 of 7575/15/13 at 2:45am
I kinda like them all, I prefer to have options but for serious sit down listening the PCStep or the XM6 (in that order) , the apex glacier is quite energetic, they all pair fine and Neutron/Powewamp android mixer functions work.
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Best 5 songs to test new headphones on! 23 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 29 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 44 seconds ago
- › WTB Schiit Gungnir USB 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 5 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude