- 4,637 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/9/15 at 6:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just don't see iriver following through with much at this point. Certainly not that, or to much extent anyway.
iRiver's AK100 lossless-friendly music player heading to the States December 4th
Happy Birthday to me. Dropping the same day as the new Ke$ha. A sign? I think it must be.
That's a lot of storage there I think most people would settle down with 64gb :P
I could be missing something here but how do you intend to squeeze in these SD cards into the AK100's MicroSD slot?
Well, I just read through about half of the thread. I figured, when I first saw it, the output impedance must be a typo. I figured, ****, at http://www.astellnkern.com/ they claim to have a Wolison chip in it on the same chart where they list that spec, so there must be a few typos. Then I got to where it had been measured.
I mean, they're comparing it to CD players that are meant to be hooked up to floor standing size speakers. What a joke. I was really hopeful about this guy (I hadn't really been paying attention, but figured I would check the thread on it here when I saw the Engadget article.) I love the design, and the interface, and I was going to pick one up to go with the Unique Melody Merlins that I am planning to order here soon. So much for that idea. BAH.
..and they keep making the same mistake, guys all new DAPs have microsd, exsept for the new Hifiman DAP, to be released sometime in the next century or later...
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new pair 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best android music player app? 5 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › HTC One M9 review "even louder than M8" 8 minutes ago
- › Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? 10 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2