- 4,637 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just don't see iriver following through with much at this point. Certainly not that, or to much extent anyway.
iRiver's AK100 lossless-friendly music player heading to the States December 4th
Happy Birthday to me. Dropping the same day as the new Ke$ha. A sign? I think it must be.
That's a lot of storage there I think most people would settle down with 64gb :P
I could be missing something here but how do you intend to squeeze in these SD cards into the AK100's MicroSD slot?
Well, I just read through about half of the thread. I figured, when I first saw it, the output impedance must be a typo. I figured, ****, at http://www.astellnkern.com/ they claim to have a Wolison chip in it on the same chart where they list that spec, so there must be a few typos. Then I got to where it had been measured.
I mean, they're comparing it to CD players that are meant to be hooked up to floor standing size speakers. What a joke. I was really hopeful about this guy (I hadn't really been paying attention, but figured I would check the thread on it here when I saw the Engadget article.) I love the design, and the interface, and I was going to pick one up to go with the Unique Melody Merlins that I am planning to order here soon. So much for that idea. BAH.
..and they keep making the same mistake, guys all new DAPs have microsd, exsept for the new Hifiman DAP, to be released sometime in the next century or later...
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 15 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 23 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 35 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 55 seconds ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)