- 4,645 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just don't see iriver following through with much at this point. Certainly not that, or to much extent anyway.
iRiver's AK100 lossless-friendly music player heading to the States December 4th
Happy Birthday to me. Dropping the same day as the new Ke$ha. A sign? I think it must be.
That's a lot of storage there I think most people would settle down with 64gb :P
I could be missing something here but how do you intend to squeeze in these SD cards into the AK100's MicroSD slot?
Well, I just read through about half of the thread. I figured, when I first saw it, the output impedance must be a typo. I figured, ****, at http://www.astellnkern.com/ they claim to have a Wolison chip in it on the same chart where they list that spec, so there must be a few typos. Then I got to where it had been measured.
I mean, they're comparing it to CD players that are meant to be hooked up to floor standing size speakers. What a joke. I was really hopeful about this guy (I hadn't really been paying attention, but figured I would check the thread on it here when I saw the Engadget article.) I love the design, and the interface, and I was going to pick one up to go with the Unique Melody Merlins that I am planning to order here soon. So much for that idea. BAH.
..and they keep making the same mistake, guys all new DAPs have microsd, exsept for the new Hifiman DAP, to be released sometime in the next century or later...
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 30 seconds ago
- › Gustard H10 Headamp 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 58 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor universal for sale amazing condition looks new... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Best HiFi iPhone Earbuds - Audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Burson Conductor with Saber ESS9018 + PCM1793 Module 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)