- 4,545 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/11/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/11/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/30/13 at 12:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/13 at 10:46am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 40post #586 of 767111/27/12 at 3:20pmQuote:We shall see if they comply. I'm thinking they HAVE measured it and the results were not what they expected.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 767111/27/12 at 3:32pmpost #588 of 767111/28/12 at 1:24amThing about this product is iriver website is going to start selling MQS sound files which is original studio recording. 0% compression. and the 24bit dac has just that AMAZING ability to read it off beautifully.post #589 of 767111/28/12 at 3:00amQuote:
I just don't see iriver following through with much at this point. Certainly not that, or to much extent anyway.post #590 of 767111/28/12 at 5:27ampost #591 of 767112/1/12 at 3:52ampost #592 of 767112/1/12 at 6:56amQuote:Originally Posted by turokrocks
iRiver's AK100 lossless-friendly music player heading to the States December 4th
Happy Birthday to me. Dropping the same day as the new Ke$ha. A sign? I think it must be.post #593 of 767112/1/12 at 7:06ampost #594 of 767112/1/12 at 7:30ampost #595 of 767112/1/12 at 7:32amQuote:
That's a lot of storage there I think most people would settle down with 64gb :Ppost #596 of 767112/1/12 at 7:36amQuote:
I could be missing something here but how do you intend to squeeze in these SD cards into the AK100's MicroSD slot?post #597 of 767112/1/12 at 7:51am
Well, I just read through about half of the thread. I figured, when I first saw it, the output impedance must be a typo. I figured, ****, at http://www.astellnkern.com/ they claim to have a Wolison chip in it on the same chart where they list that spec, so there must be a few typos. Then I got to where it had been measured.
I mean, they're comparing it to CD players that are meant to be hooked up to floor standing size speakers. What a joke. I was really hopeful about this guy (I hadn't really been paying attention, but figured I would check the thread on it here when I saw the Engadget article.) I love the design, and the interface, and I was going to pick one up to go with the Unique Melody Merlins that I am planning to order here soon. So much for that idea. BAH.post #598 of 767112/1/12 at 7:57ampost #599 of 767112/1/12 at 8:04amQuote:
..and they keep making the same mistake, guys all new DAPs have microsd, exsept for the new Hifiman DAP, to be released sometime in the next century or later...
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › DT 880 No sound in left driver 10 seconds ago
- › What size Comply foam tips for the Astrotec AM-90? 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 minutes ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 3 minutes ago
- › Spending $1,500 on 5+ Headphones to Compare for YOU guys. Which... 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Does it exist? Stereo bluetooth headphones with excellent boom mic... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi