So I recently purchased a Sansa Clip Zip 2GB player and a microSD 64gb card. Formatted the 64gb card to FAT32, filled it up with my music (amalgam of MP3s, FLACs, WMAs) and before I put the memory in the Sansa, I rockboxed it.
Supposedly, the Sansa recognizes up to 8000 files with their usual Firmware and knowing that I have close to 1100 files in the music folder I decided to go the RockBox way. Thing is that I can see the 1100+ files if I navigate but when I try to Create a Playlist for the WHOLE microSD card (I don't care about the internal memory) the playlist comes up to 7200 files EXACTLY.
Not sure if:
1) I should do a Database cleaning and rebuilding? (Can you point me on how to do it?)
2) I'm not creating the playlist correctly? (right now, I go to Files --> "stand" on the line that says MicroSD --> Long press the middle button --> From the menu I select something regarding to playlist ;-) --> Insert files as shuffle maybe? (don't remember the option" and that's it... the player starts loading and it always reaches 7200 exactly and that's my shuffle playlist).
3) Is there another method of creating a playlist for the WHOLE microSD card?
4) Is it a Rock Box limitation?
5) Is it that the player is not really reading my MP3s due to ID tags issues or other things?
Any guidance is welcomed.
P.S. And yes, the purpose for using the Clip Zip is to Shuffle ALL my songs and leave it playing the whole work day...