- 377 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Location: US
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 8:03 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tralucent 1Plus2 2.0 w/ gold+silver cable Last post on 11/25/14 at 4:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Tralucent 1p2 vs Shure 846 vs Roxanne Siren? Last post on 2/7/14 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1plus2 or UERM for Death Metal? Last post on 1/7/14 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS H200 Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread - Page 90
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The examples are an average in general in those scenarios. For what it's worth I find myself much more comfortable and less fatigued wearing my IEMs when commuting. It really does help kill the noise-pollution. In situation I don't I tend to get fatigued and quite tired at the end of a day driving in comparison to using an IEM that offers some form of isolation. However I still listen at around the same volume as I would in general. Actually usually a bit less to be honest so I can still be aware of my surroundings. Just its quite nice that the IEMs really help to lower down the noise-pollution as a whole :).
Even thought the sound aren't comparable to other same price range headphones.
Btw, I think that listening to IEM while driving is quite dangerous...
That is somehow offensive. LOL Lee you are straight right?
He knows I'm just joshing him , he'd probably have some come back about having better hearing at an older age. My only other concern is the pink silicon case for FiiO X3 he was really keen on.
Gavin was meeting a customer of his yesterday to deliver his 1+2 and T1 amp personally, and they very kindly invited me to come along. I got the chance to audition the 1+2, the FitEar ToGo 334, the Sennheiser IE 800, and a universal fit version of the UE 18 Pro. It was a very informative afternoon of coffee and playing with gear that I won't be able to afford for a (long) while.
I make no excuses about my preferred sound signature: I am an Etymotic fan through and through and my 2 pairs of ER4's get more use than anything else in my humble collection. Sure, I wouldn't mind having a tad more weight in the lower frequencies or a bigger sound stage, but I stick with them because I value "transparency" over everything else. I could never really get into the W4 because it felt veiled to me, for example.
Of the high end IEMs I tried yesterday, I have to say that the 1+2 appealed to me the most. I think Tralucent might have solved the whole "how many bores should we put in the nozzle" conundrum by sticking the TWFK in the tip itself. It just sounded very clear and and articulate to me - everything from top to bottom. While the IE 800 flat out did not impress me, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the 1+2 trumps the 334 or the UE 18 Pro completely. I can appreciate why these IEMs get the glowing reviews that they do. All I can say is that for my personal listening preferences, the 1+2 is right up my alley.
As for the ensuing debate about value, I reckon the 1+2 is a more than viable competitor in its price range considering its build quality, appearance and most importantly, sound. Make of that what you will though, because they are all priced beyond my personal financial means. I am definitely not going to question the value of something solely because I can't afford it though.
Just to put things into perspective, the customer who was buying the 1+2 and T1 (I only met him yesterday and I am not sure if it is okay for me blow his internet anonymity) liked what he heard so much that he asked Gavin to sell him a second pair of 1+2s because he bought a silver cable and a gold + silver cable and he didn't want to switch cables all the time for fear of damaging the cable sockets. In a move of poor salesmanship or good after sales service, depending on how you look at it, Gavin talked him out of buying a second pair and promised to take care of it should he have any problems cable sockets. The 1+2 was clearly great value to this man.
And to this mysterious customer, please make an account and post your thoughts already! I know you are reading this thread. You have way too much nice equipment and disposable income to remain a Head Fi lurker
Indeed. ..Tralucent customer service is top notch. The guy is eager and courteous.
lol H20 there are older people who can hear up to 21,000 htz still. A big part of it is listening at reasonable levels, protecting ones ears with ear protection in loud environments (virtually everywhere this day and age lmao) and I'm sure genetics plays a part as well ;-)...
- 2,487 Posts. Joined 7/2008
Edited by lee730 - 1/19/13 at 9:08pm
It usually takes about 20 days to receive the 1+2, but you can get it around 5 days if you order it from Music Accoustic. They have it in stock I believe.
xinghui from what I heard he is booked with sales until March so everyone has to wait in line pretty much...
I am still on the fence for another CIEM / IEM to complement my Miracle (not even received and already thinking about the next, thank you headfi). The 1 plus 2 seems very nice. I'm still hesitating with Fiteat 334 or MH335, SE5-way, Heir Audio 8a, NT6 Pro or Lear LCM-5. All so good and all so different !
- Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 32 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 56 seconds ago
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson – Electrostatz Headphones, Kickstarter Edition 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR30 electret headphones & SRD-7 transformer 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear