Are you saying the elliptical opening shape is backwards on one of the ear pads?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 246post #3676 of 48001/29/14 at 2:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3677 of 48001/29/14 at 3:48pmpost #3678 of 48001/29/14 at 5:01pm
Re-posted this writeup from this thread, hope someone can help me: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663288/philips-fidelio-x1-vs-hifiman-he-400-stronger-natural-midrange
I am posting in here because in my most recent search for some great headphones, I have come to these two pairs.
Now, I love electronic, hip-hop, rock and roll, (The Who, Rolling Stones) film soundtracks. As you can tell, I have a variety of musical tastes.
As for other headphones I have: Sony XB-500, Grado Sr-60i and Panasonic HTF-600s.
I love those cans above, I just want something a little more high end. So I have decided between these two. They are both open which I want, they both look great. I also have a Fiio E11, which will be my main amp. The HE-400 is at the top of my price range, so hopefully the E11 will do.
I just need to decide between the two, which is best for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Silent.post #3679 of 48001/29/14 at 5:49pmI personally prefer the x1 over the he400. First of all the x1 is waaaaaay more comfortable. The he400 sounds hollow to me and the soundstage just sounds very distant. I also prefer the treble on the x1. Sounds more natural.
Edited by bassboysam - 1/29/14 at 5:51pmpost #3680 of 48001/29/14 at 5:54pmpost #3681 of 48001/29/14 at 5:54pm
Thanks for the reply, I am leaning towards the X1 at this point.
What amp do you recommend with the X1? I have the fiio E11, is that suitable?
Any help would be greatly appeciated,
Silent.post #3682 of 48001/29/14 at 5:57pmQuote:
The HE-400 is at the top of my budget ($300), so I have no wiggle room for an amp. That's why I am leaning towards the X1, because I don't think the E11 is suitable for the HE-400. I could be wrong though, don't know much about amps.post #3683 of 48001/29/14 at 5:59pmpost #3684 of 48001/29/14 at 6:16pm
Hey there...I have a new set of these and love them...maybe feel a bit heavy, but love them.
Question I have is, will a JDS Labs O2 amp off the back of a XF-i Titanium HD go well with these?
Cheerspost #3685 of 48001/29/14 at 6:18pmQuote:
Oh ok, could you by any chance answer my question above?
Silent.post #3686 of 48001/29/14 at 6:27pm
I don't feel the E11 is a good fit for the HE-400 properly. The E12 maybe, but it's more powerful than the E11. The X1 doesn't need a powerful amp to drive them, so the E11 should be just fine. I've never owned the E11, only the E12 myself.post #3687 of 48001/29/14 at 6:32pmQuote:
Thanks for the reply!
So, how does the X1 handle EDM (A lot of Daft Punk)?
Silent.post #3688 of 48001/29/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
E17, E10, LD MKIII and a WA6. my conclusion was exactly the same with each amp.post #3689 of 48001/29/14 at 7:10pmpost #3690 of 48001/29/14 at 7:26pmQuote:
Just listened to Lose Yourself To Dance and Get Lucky (flac, via laptop->HifimeDIY->dac/E12), and it sounds great. I usually throw on the X1's for trance or EDM - awesome. Love the bass. Maybe not the most sub-bass, but for open cans, it's very good, and they can easily handle a lot of bass.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 37 seconds ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 1 minute ago
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions, appreciations, and cake (not included) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)