Are you saying the elliptical opening shape is backwards on one of the ear pads?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 246post #3676 of 56561/29/14 at 2:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3677 of 56561/29/14 at 3:48pmpost #3678 of 56561/29/14 at 5:01pm
Re-posted this writeup from this thread, hope someone can help me: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663288/philips-fidelio-x1-vs-hifiman-he-400-stronger-natural-midrange
I am posting in here because in my most recent search for some great headphones, I have come to these two pairs.
Now, I love electronic, hip-hop, rock and roll, (The Who, Rolling Stones) film soundtracks. As you can tell, I have a variety of musical tastes.
As for other headphones I have: Sony XB-500, Grado Sr-60i and Panasonic HTF-600s.
I love those cans above, I just want something a little more high end. So I have decided between these two. They are both open which I want, they both look great. I also have a Fiio E11, which will be my main amp. The HE-400 is at the top of my price range, so hopefully the E11 will do.
I just need to decide between the two, which is best for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Silent.post #3679 of 56561/29/14 at 5:49pmI personally prefer the x1 over the he400. First of all the x1 is waaaaaay more comfortable. The he400 sounds hollow to me and the soundstage just sounds very distant. I also prefer the treble on the x1. Sounds more natural.
Edited by bassboysam - 1/29/14 at 5:51pmpost #3680 of 56561/29/14 at 5:54pmpost #3681 of 56561/29/14 at 5:54pm
Thanks for the reply, I am leaning towards the X1 at this point.
What amp do you recommend with the X1? I have the fiio E11, is that suitable?
Any help would be greatly appeciated,
Silent.post #3682 of 56561/29/14 at 5:57pmQuote:
The HE-400 is at the top of my budget ($300), so I have no wiggle room for an amp. That's why I am leaning towards the X1, because I don't think the E11 is suitable for the HE-400. I could be wrong though, don't know much about amps.post #3683 of 56561/29/14 at 5:59pmpost #3684 of 56561/29/14 at 6:16pm
Hey there...I have a new set of these and love them...maybe feel a bit heavy, but love them.
Question I have is, will a JDS Labs O2 amp off the back of a XF-i Titanium HD go well with these?
Cheerspost #3685 of 56561/29/14 at 6:18pmQuote:
Oh ok, could you by any chance answer my question above?
Silent.post #3686 of 56561/29/14 at 6:27pm
I don't feel the E11 is a good fit for the HE-400 properly. The E12 maybe, but it's more powerful than the E11. The X1 doesn't need a powerful amp to drive them, so the E11 should be just fine. I've never owned the E11, only the E12 myself.post #3687 of 56561/29/14 at 6:32pmQuote:
Thanks for the reply!
So, how does the X1 handle EDM (A lot of Daft Punk)?
Silent.post #3688 of 56561/29/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
E17, E10, LD MKIII and a WA6. my conclusion was exactly the same with each amp.post #3689 of 56561/29/14 at 7:10pmpost #3690 of 56561/29/14 at 7:26pmQuote:
Just listened to Lose Yourself To Dance and Get Lucky (flac, via laptop->HifimeDIY->dac/E12), and it sounds great. I usually throw on the X1's for trance or EDM - awesome. Love the bass. Maybe not the most sub-bass, but for open cans, it's very good, and they can easily handle a lot of bass.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › $399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip 35 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Benchmark AHB2 amp.... new THX AAA technology 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 339 IEMs compared (FLC Technology FLC 8 added... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3