Are you saying the elliptical opening shape is backwards on one of the ear pads?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 246post #3676 of 49491/29/14 at 2:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3677 of 49491/29/14 at 3:48pmpost #3678 of 49491/29/14 at 5:01pm
Re-posted this writeup from this thread, hope someone can help me: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663288/philips-fidelio-x1-vs-hifiman-he-400-stronger-natural-midrange
I am posting in here because in my most recent search for some great headphones, I have come to these two pairs.
Now, I love electronic, hip-hop, rock and roll, (The Who, Rolling Stones) film soundtracks. As you can tell, I have a variety of musical tastes.
As for other headphones I have: Sony XB-500, Grado Sr-60i and Panasonic HTF-600s.
I love those cans above, I just want something a little more high end. So I have decided between these two. They are both open which I want, they both look great. I also have a Fiio E11, which will be my main amp. The HE-400 is at the top of my price range, so hopefully the E11 will do.
I just need to decide between the two, which is best for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Silent.post #3679 of 49491/29/14 at 5:49pmI personally prefer the x1 over the he400. First of all the x1 is waaaaaay more comfortable. The he400 sounds hollow to me and the soundstage just sounds very distant. I also prefer the treble on the x1. Sounds more natural.
Edited by bassboysam - 1/29/14 at 5:51pmpost #3680 of 49491/29/14 at 5:54pmpost #3681 of 49491/29/14 at 5:54pm
Thanks for the reply, I am leaning towards the X1 at this point.
What amp do you recommend with the X1? I have the fiio E11, is that suitable?
Any help would be greatly appeciated,
Silent.post #3682 of 49491/29/14 at 5:57pmQuote:
The HE-400 is at the top of my budget ($300), so I have no wiggle room for an amp. That's why I am leaning towards the X1, because I don't think the E11 is suitable for the HE-400. I could be wrong though, don't know much about amps.post #3683 of 49491/29/14 at 5:59pmpost #3684 of 49491/29/14 at 6:16pm
Hey there...I have a new set of these and love them...maybe feel a bit heavy, but love them.
Question I have is, will a JDS Labs O2 amp off the back of a XF-i Titanium HD go well with these?
Cheerspost #3685 of 49491/29/14 at 6:18pmQuote:
Oh ok, could you by any chance answer my question above?
Silent.post #3686 of 49491/29/14 at 6:27pm
I don't feel the E11 is a good fit for the HE-400 properly. The E12 maybe, but it's more powerful than the E11. The X1 doesn't need a powerful amp to drive them, so the E11 should be just fine. I've never owned the E11, only the E12 myself.post #3687 of 49491/29/14 at 6:32pmQuote:
Thanks for the reply!
So, how does the X1 handle EDM (A lot of Daft Punk)?
Silent.post #3688 of 49491/29/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
E17, E10, LD MKIII and a WA6. my conclusion was exactly the same with each amp.post #3689 of 49491/29/14 at 7:10pmpost #3690 of 49491/29/14 at 7:26pmQuote:
Just listened to Lose Yourself To Dance and Get Lucky (flac, via laptop->HifimeDIY->dac/E12), and it sounds great. I usually throw on the X1's for trance or EDM - awesome. Love the bass. Maybe not the most sub-bass, but for open cans, it's very good, and they can easily handle a lot of bass.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Member Introductions thread 10 seconds ago
- › SR60-Mod part II 35 seconds ago
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 35 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 57 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)