Are you saying the elliptical opening shape is backwards on one of the ear pads?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 246post #3676 of 57981/29/14 at 2:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3677 of 57981/29/14 at 3:48pmpost #3678 of 57981/29/14 at 5:01pm
Re-posted this writeup from this thread, hope someone can help me: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663288/philips-fidelio-x1-vs-hifiman-he-400-stronger-natural-midrange
I am posting in here because in my most recent search for some great headphones, I have come to these two pairs.
Now, I love electronic, hip-hop, rock and roll, (The Who, Rolling Stones) film soundtracks. As you can tell, I have a variety of musical tastes.
As for other headphones I have: Sony XB-500, Grado Sr-60i and Panasonic HTF-600s.
I love those cans above, I just want something a little more high end. So I have decided between these two. They are both open which I want, they both look great. I also have a Fiio E11, which will be my main amp. The HE-400 is at the top of my price range, so hopefully the E11 will do.
I just need to decide between the two, which is best for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Silent.post #3679 of 57981/29/14 at 5:49pmI personally prefer the x1 over the he400. First of all the x1 is waaaaaay more comfortable. The he400 sounds hollow to me and the soundstage just sounds very distant. I also prefer the treble on the x1. Sounds more natural.
Edited by bassboysam - 1/29/14 at 5:51pmpost #3680 of 57981/29/14 at 5:54pmpost #3681 of 57981/29/14 at 5:54pm
Thanks for the reply, I am leaning towards the X1 at this point.
What amp do you recommend with the X1? I have the fiio E11, is that suitable?
Any help would be greatly appeciated,
Silent.post #3682 of 57981/29/14 at 5:57pmQuote:
The HE-400 is at the top of my budget ($300), so I have no wiggle room for an amp. That's why I am leaning towards the X1, because I don't think the E11 is suitable for the HE-400. I could be wrong though, don't know much about amps.post #3683 of 57981/29/14 at 5:59pmpost #3684 of 57981/29/14 at 6:16pm
Hey there...I have a new set of these and love them...maybe feel a bit heavy, but love them.
Question I have is, will a JDS Labs O2 amp off the back of a XF-i Titanium HD go well with these?
Cheerspost #3685 of 57981/29/14 at 6:18pmQuote:
Oh ok, could you by any chance answer my question above?
Silent.post #3686 of 57981/29/14 at 6:27pm
I don't feel the E11 is a good fit for the HE-400 properly. The E12 maybe, but it's more powerful than the E11. The X1 doesn't need a powerful amp to drive them, so the E11 should be just fine. I've never owned the E11, only the E12 myself.post #3687 of 57981/29/14 at 6:32pmQuote:
Thanks for the reply!
So, how does the X1 handle EDM (A lot of Daft Punk)?
Silent.post #3688 of 57981/29/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
E17, E10, LD MKIII and a WA6. my conclusion was exactly the same with each amp.post #3689 of 57981/29/14 at 7:10pmpost #3690 of 57981/29/14 at 7:26pmQuote:
Just listened to Lose Yourself To Dance and Get Lucky (flac, via laptop->HifimeDIY->dac/E12), and it sounds great. I usually throw on the X1's for trance or EDM - awesome. Love the bass. Maybe not the most sub-bass, but for open cans, it's very good, and they can easily handle a lot of bass.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 14 seconds ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 6 minutes ago
- › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and... 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...