Are you saying the elliptical opening shape is backwards on one of the ear pads?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 246post #3676 of 51811/29/14 at 2:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3677 of 51811/29/14 at 3:48pmpost #3678 of 51811/29/14 at 5:01pm
Re-posted this writeup from this thread, hope someone can help me: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663288/philips-fidelio-x1-vs-hifiman-he-400-stronger-natural-midrange
I am posting in here because in my most recent search for some great headphones, I have come to these two pairs.
Now, I love electronic, hip-hop, rock and roll, (The Who, Rolling Stones) film soundtracks. As you can tell, I have a variety of musical tastes.
As for other headphones I have: Sony XB-500, Grado Sr-60i and Panasonic HTF-600s.
I love those cans above, I just want something a little more high end. So I have decided between these two. They are both open which I want, they both look great. I also have a Fiio E11, which will be my main amp. The HE-400 is at the top of my price range, so hopefully the E11 will do.
I just need to decide between the two, which is best for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Silent.post #3679 of 51811/29/14 at 5:49pmI personally prefer the x1 over the he400. First of all the x1 is waaaaaay more comfortable. The he400 sounds hollow to me and the soundstage just sounds very distant. I also prefer the treble on the x1. Sounds more natural.
Edited by bassboysam - 1/29/14 at 5:51pmpost #3680 of 51811/29/14 at 5:54pmpost #3681 of 51811/29/14 at 5:54pm
Thanks for the reply, I am leaning towards the X1 at this point.
What amp do you recommend with the X1? I have the fiio E11, is that suitable?
Any help would be greatly appeciated,
Silent.post #3682 of 51811/29/14 at 5:57pmQuote:
The HE-400 is at the top of my budget ($300), so I have no wiggle room for an amp. That's why I am leaning towards the X1, because I don't think the E11 is suitable for the HE-400. I could be wrong though, don't know much about amps.post #3683 of 51811/29/14 at 5:59pmpost #3684 of 51811/29/14 at 6:16pm
Hey there...I have a new set of these and love them...maybe feel a bit heavy, but love them.
Question I have is, will a JDS Labs O2 amp off the back of a XF-i Titanium HD go well with these?
Cheerspost #3685 of 51811/29/14 at 6:18pmQuote:
Oh ok, could you by any chance answer my question above?
Silent.post #3686 of 51811/29/14 at 6:27pm
I don't feel the E11 is a good fit for the HE-400 properly. The E12 maybe, but it's more powerful than the E11. The X1 doesn't need a powerful amp to drive them, so the E11 should be just fine. I've never owned the E11, only the E12 myself.post #3687 of 51811/29/14 at 6:32pmQuote:
Thanks for the reply!
So, how does the X1 handle EDM (A lot of Daft Punk)?
Silent.post #3688 of 51811/29/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
E17, E10, LD MKIII and a WA6. my conclusion was exactly the same with each amp.post #3689 of 51811/29/14 at 7:10pmpost #3690 of 51811/29/14 at 7:26pmQuote:
Just listened to Lose Yourself To Dance and Get Lucky (flac, via laptop->HifimeDIY->dac/E12), and it sounds great. I usually throw on the X1's for trance or EDM - awesome. Love the bass. Maybe not the most sub-bass, but for open cans, it's very good, and they can easily handle a lot of bass.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Modi vs. eclaro 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 8 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 9 minutes ago
- › DACMini CX in excellent condition - Price Drop 9 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 13 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 15 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3