Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SRS-2170 + SR-207 or Mr Speakers Alpha Dog + Fiio e12/ O2 Last post on 4/7/14 at 11:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- is it worth it? Last post on 3/28/14 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIIO X5 combined with FIIO E12? Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I have the FiiO E12- E11 worth trying out? Last post on 3/21/14 at 7:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Fiio, the Grado, the iPod, and the Emperor's New Clothes (iPod Touch 5G -> Fiio E12... Last post on 3/29/14 at 1:56pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 110post #1636 of 28233/17/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1637 of 28233/17/13 at 4:38am
I'm just asking, it's not supposed to be a criticism!
I saw Bill P's reply in the other E12 thread.post #1638 of 28233/17/13 at 1:17pm
If anyone is interested in purchasing an E12 just message me, I'm selling a brand new never used E12 on Ebay with a 14 day return policy.
I also have it listed in the sales forums here :)
Edited by ToInfinity - 3/17/13 at 2:51pmpost #1639 of 28233/17/13 at 2:39pmpost #1640 of 28233/17/13 at 3:02pm
They aren't the same things
E12 is just a portable amp
E07K is a portable DAC and amp and E09K is a non portable desktop amp.post #1641 of 28233/17/13 at 5:30pm
got my E12 since last week. i think i dont need to give more impressions since i pretty much agree with most of the impressions here--- except that the e12 cant drive my 32ohm ortho ES7 using low gain, and it sounds abit wierd on high gain.
/me goes back to lurking modepost #1642 of 28233/17/13 at 8:33pmQuote:Could you elaborate on "weird with the ES7 on high gain?" And by can't drive, do you mean it's quiet?post #1643 of 28233/17/13 at 9:04pmQuote:
Can you give us ETA on the new E12 batch? I'm traveling overseas by April 10th and would love to have it with my trip. thanks
Edited by chanle - 3/17/13 at 9:29pmpost #1644 of 28233/17/13 at 9:07pmpost #1645 of 28233/18/13 at 1:40ampost #1646 of 28233/18/13 at 1:37pmQuote:
I'm assuming yes, but I can't confirm it for sure. I think someone said it drives their HD650's just fine *don't quote me on that*.Quote:Originally Posted by Tsujigiri
Listening to it right now! It certainly does make the HD650's sound a lot better, much more engaging and with better bass and treble. I'm really glad I waited for the more powerful E12; it seems perfectly suited for these phones. Without the amp, my Zune plays the HD650's nice and loud at 25/30 on the volume bar. With the amp on high gain, it will play them at 15/30 (although a lower volume is more comfortable, especially for extended listening). As the other reviewers have noted, the build of the E12 is very nice, but the recessed buttons are slightly annoying (not a big deal). What really surprised me is how much I like the bass boost. I didn't think that I would use it, but I think I'll keep it on all the time. It actually doesn't seem to make any difference on the songs that don't have a lot of deep bass, but on the songs that have sub bass it compensates quite well for the HD650's low end rolloff without adding coloration. It really seems like this amp was made for the HD650's.
Edited by miceblue - 3/18/13 at 1:38pmpost #1647 of 28233/18/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
It does so just fine. I plugged an HD 650 into my E12 at the SF Bay Area Meet.
However, I don't think you'll like the sound. HD 650 has a dark sound already, and E12 just makes it overbearing. I think you'll want a clean amp (like O2) for HD 650.post #1648 of 28233/18/13 at 8:38pmpost #1649 of 28233/18/13 at 8:58pm^^
*shrug* I don't have the HD650, but in general the headphone has been described as having a laid-back sound. The E12 won't change that substantially. One trouble I have is people use "dark" to describe different things... If the HD650 has treble roll-off or just not much treble "sparkle" or brightness, the E12 probably won't change that. My Q701s still have sparkle without being too harsh (tho some poorly recorded songs sound harsh anyway), and my AD700 still had sparkle the one time I combo'd it with the Mont Blanc. If Bill-P meant dark in another way... I will just shrug and say it hasn't been a problem with my headphones, maybe someday I'll hear what he means with an HD650 but I'm not going to worry about it.post #1650 of 28233/18/13 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
*shrug* I don't have the HD650, but in general the headphone has been described as having a laid-back sound. The E12 won't change that substantially. One trouble I have is people use "dark" to describe different things... If the HD650 has treble roll-off or just not much treble "sparkle" or brightness, the E12 probably won't change that. My Q701s still have sparkle without being too harsh (tho some poorly recorded songs sound harsh anyway), and my AD700 still had sparkle the one time I combo'd it with the Mont Blanc. If Bill-P meant dark in another way... I will just shrug and say it hasn't been a problem with my headphones, maybe someday I'll hear what he means with an HD650 but I'm not going to worry about it.
Just read your E12 review again (it's been a while). Great review, and basically mirrors how I feel about the E12 with my AD900X's.
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SRM-T1S light refurb : Electrolytic capacitors and valves 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › Israel Meet 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Currently using AKG K702 anniversaries, what would be a good upgrade? 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › How To tell between a 'real' FLAC and a 'fake' FLAC? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob