Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Combination of Fiio e7 and e12 ? Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- CYPHER LAB 720 DAC VS FIIOE12 Last post on 3/1/14 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for a good car mount to hold my iPod + YoTank case + E12 Amp Last post on 3/6/14 at 10:50am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- HD598 mixed with E12? Last post on 2/14/14 at 8:45am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E11 v. E12 for Beyerdynamic dt 880 250 ohm Last post on 2/4/14 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 110post #1636 of 27383/17/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1637 of 27383/17/13 at 4:38am
I'm just asking, it's not supposed to be a criticism!
I saw Bill P's reply in the other E12 thread.post #1638 of 27383/17/13 at 1:17pm
If anyone is interested in purchasing an E12 just message me, I'm selling a brand new never used E12 on Ebay with a 14 day return policy.
I also have it listed in the sales forums here :)
Edited by ToInfinity - 3/17/13 at 2:51pmpost #1639 of 27383/17/13 at 2:39pmpost #1640 of 27383/17/13 at 3:02pm
They aren't the same things
E12 is just a portable amp
E07K is a portable DAC and amp and E09K is a non portable desktop amp.post #1641 of 27383/17/13 at 5:30pm
got my E12 since last week. i think i dont need to give more impressions since i pretty much agree with most of the impressions here--- except that the e12 cant drive my 32ohm ortho ES7 using low gain, and it sounds abit wierd on high gain.
/me goes back to lurking modepost #1642 of 27383/17/13 at 8:33pmQuote:Could you elaborate on "weird with the ES7 on high gain?" And by can't drive, do you mean it's quiet?post #1643 of 27383/17/13 at 9:04pmQuote:
Can you give us ETA on the new E12 batch? I'm traveling overseas by April 10th and would love to have it with my trip. thanks
Edited by chanle - 3/17/13 at 9:29pmpost #1644 of 27383/17/13 at 9:07pmpost #1645 of 27383/18/13 at 1:40ampost #1646 of 27383/18/13 at 1:37pmQuote:
I'm assuming yes, but I can't confirm it for sure. I think someone said it drives their HD650's just fine *don't quote me on that*.Quote:Originally Posted by Tsujigiri
Listening to it right now! It certainly does make the HD650's sound a lot better, much more engaging and with better bass and treble. I'm really glad I waited for the more powerful E12; it seems perfectly suited for these phones. Without the amp, my Zune plays the HD650's nice and loud at 25/30 on the volume bar. With the amp on high gain, it will play them at 15/30 (although a lower volume is more comfortable, especially for extended listening). As the other reviewers have noted, the build of the E12 is very nice, but the recessed buttons are slightly annoying (not a big deal). What really surprised me is how much I like the bass boost. I didn't think that I would use it, but I think I'll keep it on all the time. It actually doesn't seem to make any difference on the songs that don't have a lot of deep bass, but on the songs that have sub bass it compensates quite well for the HD650's low end rolloff without adding coloration. It really seems like this amp was made for the HD650's.
Edited by miceblue - 3/18/13 at 1:38pmpost #1647 of 27383/18/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
It does so just fine. I plugged an HD 650 into my E12 at the SF Bay Area Meet.
However, I don't think you'll like the sound. HD 650 has a dark sound already, and E12 just makes it overbearing. I think you'll want a clean amp (like O2) for HD 650.post #1648 of 27383/18/13 at 8:38pmpost #1649 of 27383/18/13 at 8:58pm^^
*shrug* I don't have the HD650, but in general the headphone has been described as having a laid-back sound. The E12 won't change that substantially. One trouble I have is people use "dark" to describe different things... If the HD650 has treble roll-off or just not much treble "sparkle" or brightness, the E12 probably won't change that. My Q701s still have sparkle without being too harsh (tho some poorly recorded songs sound harsh anyway), and my AD700 still had sparkle the one time I combo'd it with the Mont Blanc. If Bill-P meant dark in another way... I will just shrug and say it hasn't been a problem with my headphones, maybe someday I'll hear what he means with an HD650 but I'm not going to worry about it.post #1650 of 27383/18/13 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
*shrug* I don't have the HD650, but in general the headphone has been described as having a laid-back sound. The E12 won't change that substantially. One trouble I have is people use "dark" to describe different things... If the HD650 has treble roll-off or just not much treble "sparkle" or brightness, the E12 probably won't change that. My Q701s still have sparkle without being too harsh (tho some poorly recorded songs sound harsh anyway), and my AD700 still had sparkle the one time I combo'd it with the Mont Blanc. If Bill-P meant dark in another way... I will just shrug and say it hasn't been a problem with my headphones, maybe someday I'll hear what he means with an HD650 but I'm not going to worry about it.
Just read your E12 review again (it's been a while). Great review, and basically mirrors how I feel about the E12 with my AD900X's.
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 35 seconds ago
- › I swallowed the pill and now I'm deep in the rabbit hole............ 54 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Dark Voice 339 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 2 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for asus xonar essense STX? 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude