I know many people commend the ATH-M50's durability, but I've come across a problem. There has been a thread on this topic (http://www.head-fi.org/t/602465/broke-my-ath-m50s-need-some-help), but there wasn't any solution. Essentially, one day, I put on my m50's and I heard a noise, then the left earcup wouldn't fit on my ear. Now, the left earcup isn't aligned with the right ear cup any more (which clamps upwards), is straight, and can swivel is almost every direction. Any suggestions would be helpful, pictures can be posted if it helps. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Increase pad thickness DJ1 Pro's or ATH-M50's? Last post on 10/11/12 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Help with ATH-M50 hinge?post #1 of 206/24/12 at 2:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 206/24/12 at 4:55pmThread Starterpost #3 of 206/24/12 at 5:08pmpost #4 of 206/24/12 at 5:28pmThread Starterpost #5 of 206/24/12 at 5:48pm
Ooooh boy! It definitely looks like something just popped out of place. I'd try your best to just snap it back into its normal position. There's a little stopper tab that's supposed to prevent the headphone from moving into a position like that.post #6 of 206/24/12 at 5:54pmThread Starterpost #7 of 206/24/12 at 5:59pmpost #8 of 206/24/12 at 6:06pmThread Starterpost #9 of 206/24/12 at 6:16pmpost #10 of 206/24/12 at 6:36pmThread StarterQuote:
Well, I live in Canada, so I'm not sure if they'll honour the warranty, but I guess I'll send them an email and see what happens, by the way, thanks for all your help so far! (PS, I'm jealous of your lighting :P)
Edited by ToastedPopcorn - 6/24/12 at 6:45pmpost #11 of 206/24/12 at 6:47pm
Well, I did doctor the photo up a little bit. I had to crank the brightness and contrast way up. I also shined a desk lamp over it while taking the photo.
Edited by Trance88 - 6/24/12 at 6:56pmpost #12 of 206/24/12 at 7:02pmpost #13 of 206/24/12 at 7:27pmThread Starterpost #14 of 207/7/14 at 1:13am
Just wondering if you resolved your broken "tab" issue?
This has just happened to me and I am hoping they can send a part and I can fix it myself.
This should save everyone hassle.
Any suggestions for me ...
Look forward to your response.post #15 of 2012/2/14 at 1:48pmQuote:
I got a pretty decent fix for the headphones regarding the tab issue in particular. My tab broke completely on my left ear, and was worn on my right ear, so I decided to replace both completely.
I used: Pliers, drill/adequate drill bits, screwdriver, two small screws, two square washers, and two nuts.
I removed the covering bit completely, as it was purely cosmetic. I used the pliers to clear some of the plastic in the way so I could drill into the plastic. The rest of it was pretty simple. Works like a charm now!
Edited by Derpiano - 12/2/14 at 2:57pm
- Help with ATH-M50 hinge?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Gearbest's Headphones Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Do I need an amp/usb soundcard for my headphones/headset? 7 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 10 minutes ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 11 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 12 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear