So this is now on my radar as an all in one solution to be "done" for a while since I am basically down to just the HD800 for serious listening. Can anyone describe why it fits the HD800 so well? Mostly interested from a sound signature standpoint. My Anaxilus modded (Innerfidelity version) HD800s sound quite good out of my HDP (even without my Sigma 11). Some have said this wouldn't be an optimal paring due to the brightness of the HDP. If I can get just a bit more warmth or bass out of the DAC-100, then any other bonuses in the detail, soundstage, etc. is just icing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 14
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I can only offer my thoughts on the pairing with an HD600, but I found the DAC-100 to indeed be slightly warmer than the HDP. The HDP has a bit more "bite" to it, and has more gain and a lower noise floor. The DAC-100 resolves better but feels a bit more laid back. This is all from memory though, as I no longer have a Sennheiser on hand.
The Single-ended class-A design is a constant current source regardless of the impedance and HD-800 has a strange impedance peak that caused many amp to stress (or distress), however, with a constant current, I believe thats how the HD-800 is tamed.
I recently tried the HD800 on the DAC-100 and HAP-100. While the HD800 wasn't quite my cup of tea, I thought it sounded very good. I actually preferred the stock output module over the one with lower impedance.
How was it with and without the HAP-100?
Sonically, I find the amp section in the HAP-100 very similar to the DAC-100. The HAP has more gain obviously. The DAC has more... sweetness? I didn't notice any glaring noise issues with the pairing either.
The HD800 felt a little harsher coming off the HAP, and I didn't really use the extra gain. I pretty much had it at unity gain coming from the DAC.
Me too. IT happened to me today and sunday :/
In other news I have been liking the pairing a little more and more. I think it's the 800s slowly changing.
I received my moon audio blue dragon v3 headphone cord yesterday and I am happy to say I am getting noticeably more bass and a little less highs :) but the sound stage seems a tad smaller... I'll get used to that though
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread 14 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from soundMAGIC E-30 46 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 5 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe