So this is now on my radar as an all in one solution to be "done" for a while since I am basically down to just the HD800 for serious listening. Can anyone describe why it fits the HD800 so well? Mostly interested from a sound signature standpoint. My Anaxilus modded (Innerfidelity version) HD800s sound quite good out of my HDP (even without my Sigma 11). Some have said this wouldn't be an optimal paring due to the brightness of the HDP. If I can get just a bit more warmth or bass out of the DAC-100, then any other bonuses in the detail, soundstage, etc. is just icing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 6/4/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 14
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I can only offer my thoughts on the pairing with an HD600, but I found the DAC-100 to indeed be slightly warmer than the HDP. The HDP has a bit more "bite" to it, and has more gain and a lower noise floor. The DAC-100 resolves better but feels a bit more laid back. This is all from memory though, as I no longer have a Sennheiser on hand.
The Single-ended class-A design is a constant current source regardless of the impedance and HD-800 has a strange impedance peak that caused many amp to stress (or distress), however, with a constant current, I believe thats how the HD-800 is tamed.
I recently tried the HD800 on the DAC-100 and HAP-100. While the HD800 wasn't quite my cup of tea, I thought it sounded very good. I actually preferred the stock output module over the one with lower impedance.
How was it with and without the HAP-100?
Sonically, I find the amp section in the HAP-100 very similar to the DAC-100. The HAP has more gain obviously. The DAC has more... sweetness? I didn't notice any glaring noise issues with the pairing either.
The HD800 felt a little harsher coming off the HAP, and I didn't really use the extra gain. I pretty much had it at unity gain coming from the DAC.
Me too. IT happened to me today and sunday :/
In other news I have been liking the pairing a little more and more. I think it's the 800s slowly changing.
I received my moon audio blue dragon v3 headphone cord yesterday and I am happy to say I am getting noticeably more bass and a little less highs :) but the sound stage seems a tad smaller... I'll get used to that though
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fiio E18 17 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 27 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 47 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 51 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi