So this is now on my radar as an all in one solution to be "done" for a while since I am basically down to just the HD800 for serious listening. Can anyone describe why it fits the HD800 so well? Mostly interested from a sound signature standpoint. My Anaxilus modded (Innerfidelity version) HD800s sound quite good out of my HDP (even without my Sigma 11). Some have said this wouldn't be an optimal paring due to the brightness of the HDP. If I can get just a bit more warmth or bass out of the DAC-100, then any other bonuses in the detail, soundstage, etc. is just icing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:31pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Edited on 5/14/13
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 14
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I can only offer my thoughts on the pairing with an HD600, but I found the DAC-100 to indeed be slightly warmer than the HDP. The HDP has a bit more "bite" to it, and has more gain and a lower noise floor. The DAC-100 resolves better but feels a bit more laid back. This is all from memory though, as I no longer have a Sennheiser on hand.
The Single-ended class-A design is a constant current source regardless of the impedance and HD-800 has a strange impedance peak that caused many amp to stress (or distress), however, with a constant current, I believe thats how the HD-800 is tamed.
I recently tried the HD800 on the DAC-100 and HAP-100. While the HD800 wasn't quite my cup of tea, I thought it sounded very good. I actually preferred the stock output module over the one with lower impedance.
How was it with and without the HAP-100?
Sonically, I find the amp section in the HAP-100 very similar to the DAC-100. The HAP has more gain obviously. The DAC has more... sweetness? I didn't notice any glaring noise issues with the pairing either.
The HD800 felt a little harsher coming off the HAP, and I didn't really use the extra gain. I pretty much had it at unity gain coming from the DAC.
Me too. IT happened to me today and sunday :/
In other news I have been liking the pairing a little more and more. I think it's the 800s slowly changing.
I received my moon audio blue dragon v3 headphone cord yesterday and I am happy to say I am getting noticeably more bass and a little less highs :) but the sound stage seems a tad smaller... I'll get used to that though
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for low volume listening? 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HM-901 4 minutes ago
- › The curse of "higher"-fi / Refuse to use EQ, bass boost, too... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 8 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Monster Audio HiFi-ET MA9 - The SLR DAP 8 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe