So this is now on my radar as an all in one solution to be "done" for a while since I am basically down to just the HD800 for serious listening. Can anyone describe why it fits the HD800 so well? Mostly interested from a sound signature standpoint. My Anaxilus modded (Innerfidelity version) HD800s sound quite good out of my HDP (even without my Sigma 11). Some have said this wouldn't be an optimal paring due to the brightness of the HDP. If I can get just a bit more warmth or bass out of the DAC-100, then any other bonuses in the detail, soundstage, etc. is just icing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 14post #196 of 2923/13/13 at 1:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2923/13/13 at 2:32pm
I can only offer my thoughts on the pairing with an HD600, but I found the DAC-100 to indeed be slightly warmer than the HDP. The HDP has a bit more "bite" to it, and has more gain and a lower noise floor. The DAC-100 resolves better but feels a bit more laid back. This is all from memory though, as I no longer have a Sennheiser on hand.post #198 of 2923/20/13 at 8:58am
The Single-ended class-A design is a constant current source regardless of the impedance and HD-800 has a strange impedance peak that caused many amp to stress (or distress), however, with a constant current, I believe thats how the HD-800 is tamed.post #199 of 2923/20/13 at 9:33am
I recently tried the HD800 on the DAC-100 and HAP-100. While the HD800 wasn't quite my cup of tea, I thought it sounded very good. I actually preferred the stock output module over the one with lower impedance.post #200 of 2923/20/13 at 11:39amQuote:
How was it with and without the HAP-100?post #201 of 2923/20/13 at 11:58am
Sonically, I find the amp section in the HAP-100 very similar to the DAC-100. The HAP has more gain obviously. The DAC has more... sweetness? I didn't notice any glaring noise issues with the pairing either.
The HD800 felt a little harsher coming off the HAP, and I didn't really use the extra gain. I pretty much had it at unity gain coming from the DAC.post #202 of 2923/20/13 at 6:16pmpost #203 of 2923/20/13 at 6:35pmQuote:
Me too. IT happened to me today and sunday :/
In other news I have been liking the pairing a little more and more. I think it's the 800s slowly changing.post #204 of 2923/20/13 at 7:20pmpost #205 of 2923/21/13 at 5:06ampost #206 of 2923/21/13 at 1:09pmWindows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. Random blue screen while playing but its especially bad with 88.2Khz files. 88.2Khz will often play with bad static and then the BSOD. Ive been talking to Nuforce on Facebook and they say they've got a new beta driver in testing but their RD team was in china or something.post #207 of 2923/31/13 at 12:54ampost #208 of 2923/31/13 at 4:38ampost #209 of 2923/31/13 at 4:42am
I received my moon audio blue dragon v3 headphone cord yesterday and I am happy to say I am getting noticeably more bass and a little less highs :) but the sound stage seems a tad smaller... I'll get used to that thoughpost #210 of 2923/31/13 at 4:50am
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2... 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear