So this is now on my radar as an all in one solution to be "done" for a while since I am basically down to just the HD800 for serious listening. Can anyone describe why it fits the HD800 so well? Mostly interested from a sound signature standpoint. My Anaxilus modded (Innerfidelity version) HD800s sound quite good out of my HDP (even without my Sigma 11). Some have said this wouldn't be an optimal paring due to the brightness of the HDP. If I can get just a bit more warmth or bass out of the DAC-100, then any other bonuses in the detail, soundstage, etc. is just icing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 14post #196 of 2923/13/13 at 1:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2923/13/13 at 2:32pm
I can only offer my thoughts on the pairing with an HD600, but I found the DAC-100 to indeed be slightly warmer than the HDP. The HDP has a bit more "bite" to it, and has more gain and a lower noise floor. The DAC-100 resolves better but feels a bit more laid back. This is all from memory though, as I no longer have a Sennheiser on hand.post #198 of 2923/20/13 at 8:58am
The Single-ended class-A design is a constant current source regardless of the impedance and HD-800 has a strange impedance peak that caused many amp to stress (or distress), however, with a constant current, I believe thats how the HD-800 is tamed.post #199 of 2923/20/13 at 9:33am
I recently tried the HD800 on the DAC-100 and HAP-100. While the HD800 wasn't quite my cup of tea, I thought it sounded very good. I actually preferred the stock output module over the one with lower impedance.post #200 of 2923/20/13 at 11:39amQuote:
How was it with and without the HAP-100?post #201 of 2923/20/13 at 11:58am
Sonically, I find the amp section in the HAP-100 very similar to the DAC-100. The HAP has more gain obviously. The DAC has more... sweetness? I didn't notice any glaring noise issues with the pairing either.
The HD800 felt a little harsher coming off the HAP, and I didn't really use the extra gain. I pretty much had it at unity gain coming from the DAC.post #202 of 2923/20/13 at 6:16pmpost #203 of 2923/20/13 at 6:35pmQuote:
Me too. IT happened to me today and sunday :/
In other news I have been liking the pairing a little more and more. I think it's the 800s slowly changing.post #204 of 2923/20/13 at 7:20pmpost #205 of 2923/21/13 at 5:06ampost #206 of 2923/21/13 at 1:09pmWindows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. Random blue screen while playing but its especially bad with 88.2Khz files. 88.2Khz will often play with bad static and then the BSOD. Ive been talking to Nuforce on Facebook and they say they've got a new beta driver in testing but their RD team was in china or something.post #207 of 2923/31/13 at 12:54ampost #208 of 2923/31/13 at 4:38ampost #209 of 2923/31/13 at 4:42am
I received my moon audio blue dragon v3 headphone cord yesterday and I am happy to say I am getting noticeably more bass and a little less highs :) but the sound stage seems a tad smaller... I'll get used to that thoughpost #210 of 2923/31/13 at 4:50am
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 second ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Tired of my In-Ears breaking every year 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › CANT DECIDE BETWEEN 3 TOP UNDER $200 HEADPHONES. VMODA VS SONY VS... 10 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 13 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 16 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 17 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear