Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 295  

post #4411 of 6388

Dan, when does the next shipment go out? I ordered a pair two days ago for your reference

post #4412 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonequest View Post

Oh and what about a Schiit Magni + Modi combo? Would that be any good with the Mad Dogs?
 

 

The Magni/Modi combo is very good with the MD's - especially for the money.  However, you'll have to find a new power supply since it's 115v only from Schiit.  You could always get the Modi and the Asgard 2 for a total of $350 plus shipping/duties.  That should be a fine combo even though the chassis won't match.  The Asgard 2 would also be a good starter since it's not got switchable gain and a preamp out.  It would be more useful than my original Asgard with high impedance cans and would also function with speakers.

 

At a combined cost of ≤ $500, the Asgard 2 would probably be my strongest recommendation for your amp.  The Modi is also a great value, but there are plenty of other USB DAC's that would work.  The HRT Music Streamer II and ODAC come to mind.  

post #4413 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums30 View Post

Dan, when does the next shipment go out? I ordered a pair two days ago for your reference

All orders are shipping within 1 business day. Paypal is supposed to send shipping info for domestic orders but often it ends up in spam (or goes to the person who paid).
post #4414 of 6388

How does the O2/ODAC combo work with these?

post #4415 of 6388

Dan, thanks for the good service with the Mad Dogs, I loved them so much, but they were too bigfrown.gif I decided to go with the Heir Audio 4.Ai, lets hope they sound as good..

post #4416 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by aak57 View Post

How does the O2/ODAC combo work with these?

I haven't personally tried the ODAC with these, but I've owned 2 O2s, and from what I've heard from my friend that owns the ODAC, it's a really good pairing.

I like the O2 as well. Just a bit more refined and everything than the E11.

@Mrspeakers: Any update on the black stickers?  I'd like to be one of the first customers for them along with one of your new case/cover things as well for my trip in a couple weeks smily_headphones1.gif

post #4417 of 6388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonequest View Post


Well the Asgard 2 is 249€ and the BiFrost is 449€. Total makes 798€ which is about $900, total $1200 with the Mad Dogs... That would be $400 above my budget. The Asgard 2 could be paired with a good but cheaper DAC maybe?

 

I have an acquaintance in the US if availabilty is an issue, but the unit needs to have a 230V power option though...

Thanks!

Didn't realize you're not in the U.S. Bummer for you because you could have gotten the Asgard + Bifrost for $600 (without USB). But yeah sorry about the confusion. Magni/Modi would be great if you can find a 230v to 115v transformer. I'm sure they sell them in your country.

post #4418 of 6388

Black stickers are being made and will be on the store next week. The velvet bag is now available on the Accessories page.

post #4419 of 6388
#Stickerwatch2013
post #4420 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I haven't personally tried the ODAC with these, but I've owned 2 O2s, and from what I've heard from my friend that owns the ODAC, it's a really good pairing.

I like the O2 as well. Just a bit more refined and everything than the E11.

@Mrspeakers: Any update on the black stickers?  I'd like to be one of the first customers for them along with one of your new case/cover things as well for my trip in a couple weeks smily_headphones1.gif

I liked the Mad Dogs from my Odac. I used a Clear Top tube which combinrf with the odac gave ma a much bigger sound satge. I'd like to hear it from a solid state if I still had em 

post #4421 of 6388

Ordered a bag. Now I just need those stickers.


Edited by Kamakahah - 3/20/13 at 10:50pm
post #4422 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Black stickers are being made and will be on the store next week. The velvet bag is now available on the Accessories page.

Wow, you must have just put that up, I didn't notice it a few minutes ago!

I'll patiently wait for the stickers then and place my order at that time, since I'm cheap about shipping biggrin.gif

post #4423 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Black stickers are being made and will be on the store next week. The velvet bag is now available on the Accessories page.

beerchug.gif

post #4424 of 6388

I'm actually weighing the pros and cons of the Schiit products to go along wih the MDs I will order. Is it better to upgrade the amp or the DAC?

 

I mean, is it better to get the Asgard 2 and the Bifrost (DAC upgrade) or is it better to get th Valhalla or Lyr and the Modi DAC (Amp upgrade)?

 

Or will I get good enough results with the Asgard 2 and Modi? Damn, I'm lost... The good news is that I can buy tthe Schiit products directly from them, they sell worldwide and with the right 230V voltage and EU plugs...

 

I can't upgrade both the amp and DAC but I wonder which upgrade will give the best results...

Thanks!

post #4425 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonequest View Post

I'm actually weighing the pros and cons of the Schiit products to go along wih the MDs I will order. Is it better to upgrade the amp or the DAC?

I mean, is it better to get the Asgard 2 and the Bifrost (DAC upgrade) or is it better to get th Valhalla or Lyr and the Modi DAC (Amp upgrade)?

Or will I get good enough results with the Asgard 2 and Modi? Damn, I'm lost... The good news is that I can buy tthe Schiit products directly from them, they sell worldwide and with the right 230V voltage and EU plugs...

I can't upgrade both the amp and DAC but I wonder which upgrade will give the best results...
Thanks!
I think my next amp will be another Schiit, but I'm actually thinking about an iMac -> iFi iUSB -> HRT Music Streamer HD (balanced outs! $450!) - > Schiit amp (Lyr? Mjolnir?). Maybe I'd switch out the MS HD for a Concero if I feel really rich.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review