Welp, I was curious enough to put down an Amazon Japan pre-order of the FXD80-Z (catchy). I'm hoping for something like a more refined CC51, and a durable IEM that I can have on hand as a backup. Let's see how this goes :3
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 5post #61 of 18146/3/12 at 3:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 18146/8/12 at 2:54pmpost #63 of 18146/8/12 at 3:02pmpost #64 of 18146/8/12 at 3:09pmQuote:
Can't wait to see the portables section burn with delight.post #65 of 18146/8/12 at 3:16pm
Aha I don't know what this means but I might have gotten these for free?
Congratulations! You have won:
JVC HA-FXD80-Z Earphone Dynamic Closed Canal Hafxd80z Headphones New Free 251080921132
You might also be interested in:
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audiophile Headphones Art Dynamic Free Japan New EMS 251058492827
- SONY MDR-MA900 Headphones Black Stereo High Quality ipod New 251062872861
- Sony XBA-4SL Quad Balanced Armature Headphones Inner Earphones Closed Ems New 261030865347
ITEM ENDED: 7/8/2012 2:54:03 AM PDT
This is a courtesy email to let you know that we appreciate your business. If you have not already, please visit your eBay account to complete this transaction. If you have any questions, feel free to write us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your purchase!
I checked my pay pal account and what you know they didn't take my $123.. Watch me get an old JVC Marshmallow instead. Lol.post #66 of 18146/8/12 at 3:24pmpost #67 of 18146/8/12 at 3:29pm
I think I am getting my hopes up too much. They will probably shoot me an email saying. Oh sorry we made a mistake. Please pay this amount. As a courtesy we will send you some lovely JVC riptides for free for going through your troubles.
That is whats up . I don't get stuff like this for free. It just don't happen to me like that.
Of course. It turns out that I never finished my paypal transaction. Lol. That is the message everyone gets when they order from them it seems.
Edited by Dsnuts - 6/8/12 at 3:45pmpost #68 of 18146/8/12 at 3:49pmpost #69 of 18146/8/12 at 3:56pmpost #70 of 18146/8/12 at 3:57pmThread Starterpost #71 of 18146/8/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Nice kitten tom!
While being still very much in love with my FXT90, I'll still wait for the FXD80 at least to ship first, before putting my money on it. Besides, I already have too much in my hands. Although, one can never have enough...post #72 of 18146/8/12 at 4:08pm
Well I feel like an idiot. These guys got on their title I have no idea why but it looks like this on the ebay page.
JVC HA-FXD80-Z Earphone Dynamic Closed Canal Hafxd80z Headphones New Free
Lol. So when they send the email saying thanks for purchasing. I won and the word free. I can see how people like myself that is eagerly awaiting these might get exited to see the 2 words put together. Considering they send the email confirming the order even before pay pal transaction. Yes I am a dork.
Edited by Dsnuts - 6/8/12 at 4:10pmpost #73 of 18146/8/12 at 4:13pm
I don't quite understand the conundrum. Also I doubt this isn't vented. Looking at current pictures, it looks like the FXD80 have 5 vents. But, it might just be cosmetic. So I'm happy if I get that wrong, as that would mean isolation and no leakage (in exchange for death! er I mean lesser situational audible input.)post #74 of 18146/8/12 at 4:20pm
The reason why I am exited about these are because of these. The JVC FX40. These would be the intro version of the carbon nanotube drivers and they cost $21. These however don't sound like a $21 earphone. Nothing like them at all. Quite amazing but they sound very close to the FXT90 but with bigger much fuller sub bass. Now considering I am a fan of JVCs older HAFXC51 which was their older micro HD earphones..It just makes sense the new FXD80 using the newer carbon nanotube micro hd drivers will be in every way a step up in sound and from the looks of the earphones themselves also in the design. I haven't been this excited about an earphone in a while. Just a feeling I have but I think these can be some very good earphones. We will see.post #75 of 18146/8/12 at 4:26pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
I don't quite understand the conundrum. Also I doubt this isn't vented. Looking at current pictures, it looks like the FXD80 have 5 vents. But, it might just be cosmetic. So I'm happy if I get that wrong, as that would mean isolation and no leakage (in exchange for death! er I mean lesser situational audible input.)
It is vented. The FXD80 is the only model that is. They specifically mentioned it in the descriptions in the exploded view diagram, so I doubt it's merely cosmetic.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 59 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Impression of Stoner Acoustics UD100... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new Eddie Current 2A3x4 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Sony XBAH3 Hybrid 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)