Welp, I was curious enough to put down an Amazon Japan pre-order of the FXD80-Z (catchy). I'm hoping for something like a more refined CC51, and a durable IEM that I can have on hand as a backup. Let's see how this goes :3
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 5post #61 of 18316/3/12 at 3:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 18316/8/12 at 2:54pmpost #63 of 18316/8/12 at 3:02pmpost #64 of 18316/8/12 at 3:09pmQuote:
Can't wait to see the portables section burn with delight.post #65 of 18316/8/12 at 3:16pm
Aha I don't know what this means but I might have gotten these for free?
Congratulations! You have won:
JVC HA-FXD80-Z Earphone Dynamic Closed Canal Hafxd80z Headphones New Free 251080921132
You might also be interested in:
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audiophile Headphones Art Dynamic Free Japan New EMS 251058492827
- SONY MDR-MA900 Headphones Black Stereo High Quality ipod New 251062872861
- Sony XBA-4SL Quad Balanced Armature Headphones Inner Earphones Closed Ems New 261030865347
ITEM ENDED: 7/8/2012 2:54:03 AM PDT
This is a courtesy email to let you know that we appreciate your business. If you have not already, please visit your eBay account to complete this transaction. If you have any questions, feel free to write us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your purchase!
I checked my pay pal account and what you know they didn't take my $123.. Watch me get an old JVC Marshmallow instead. Lol.post #66 of 18316/8/12 at 3:24pmpost #67 of 18316/8/12 at 3:29pm
I think I am getting my hopes up too much. They will probably shoot me an email saying. Oh sorry we made a mistake. Please pay this amount. As a courtesy we will send you some lovely JVC riptides for free for going through your troubles.
That is whats up . I don't get stuff like this for free. It just don't happen to me like that.
Of course. It turns out that I never finished my paypal transaction. Lol. That is the message everyone gets when they order from them it seems.
Edited by Dsnuts - 6/8/12 at 3:45pmpost #68 of 18316/8/12 at 3:49pmpost #69 of 18316/8/12 at 3:56pmpost #70 of 18316/8/12 at 3:57pmThread Starterpost #71 of 18316/8/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Nice kitten tom!
While being still very much in love with my FXT90, I'll still wait for the FXD80 at least to ship first, before putting my money on it. Besides, I already have too much in my hands. Although, one can never have enough...post #72 of 18316/8/12 at 4:08pm
Well I feel like an idiot. These guys got on their title I have no idea why but it looks like this on the ebay page.
JVC HA-FXD80-Z Earphone Dynamic Closed Canal Hafxd80z Headphones New Free
Lol. So when they send the email saying thanks for purchasing. I won and the word free. I can see how people like myself that is eagerly awaiting these might get exited to see the 2 words put together. Considering they send the email confirming the order even before pay pal transaction. Yes I am a dork.
Edited by Dsnuts - 6/8/12 at 4:10pmpost #73 of 18316/8/12 at 4:13pm
I don't quite understand the conundrum. Also I doubt this isn't vented. Looking at current pictures, it looks like the FXD80 have 5 vents. But, it might just be cosmetic. So I'm happy if I get that wrong, as that would mean isolation and no leakage (in exchange for death! er I mean lesser situational audible input.)post #74 of 18316/8/12 at 4:20pm
The reason why I am exited about these are because of these. The JVC FX40. These would be the intro version of the carbon nanotube drivers and they cost $21. These however don't sound like a $21 earphone. Nothing like them at all. Quite amazing but they sound very close to the FXT90 but with bigger much fuller sub bass. Now considering I am a fan of JVCs older HAFXC51 which was their older micro HD earphones..It just makes sense the new FXD80 using the newer carbon nanotube micro hd drivers will be in every way a step up in sound and from the looks of the earphones themselves also in the design. I haven't been this excited about an earphone in a while. Just a feeling I have but I think these can be some very good earphones. We will see.post #75 of 18316/8/12 at 4:26pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
I don't quite understand the conundrum. Also I doubt this isn't vented. Looking at current pictures, it looks like the FXD80 have 5 vents. But, it might just be cosmetic. So I'm happy if I get that wrong, as that would mean isolation and no leakage (in exchange for death! er I mean lesser situational audible input.)
It is vented. The FXD80 is the only model that is. They specifically mentioned it in the descriptions in the exploded view diagram, so I doubt it's merely cosmetic.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks? 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › TekFusion TwinWoofer, Budget IEM for $50, Impressions, and... 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Need help on setting up my headphone 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)