Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 447

post #6691 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by inter voice View Post
 

I have both BW and SW for my 2 HD800s and IMHO both SW and BW works wonderfully well BUT if you prefer less HF then go for BW.  You can't go wrong with it.

 

I have not tried Copper Venom and from feedbacks in the forum it should sound better than BW, however you need to pay more and have to wait for quite some time before you can get it.

I'm ok with waiting, but I am mainly wondering how much better it is and how flexible it is. The HD800 stock cable is really rigid. 

post #6692 of 7162

It seems to me that copper Venom looks to be more rigid than the HD800 stock cable and may be someone can correct me if I am wrong.  According to the feedback from folks in the forum copper Venom sounds better than BW but from my interpretation the gain might not be in proportion with the price.  You need to take into account of the price, the waiting time and the improvement in SQ before making your decision.

post #6693 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by inter voice View Post
 

It seems to me that copper Venom looks to be more rigid than the HD800 stock cable and may be someone can correct me if I am wrong.  According to the feedback from folks in the forum copper Venom sounds better than BW but from my interpretation the gain might not be in proportion with the price.  You need to take into account of the price, the waiting time and the improvement in SQ before making your decision.

Yeah, tough decision lol.

 

Frank, is there a thicker BW? 

post #6694 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

Yeah, tough decision lol.

Frank, is there a thicker BW? 

8 wire BW smily_headphones1.gif
post #6695 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


8 wire BW smily_headphones1.gif

+1 :k701smile:

post #6696 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


8 wire BW smily_headphones1.gif

Haha yeah. 

post #6697 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

8 wire BW smily_headphones1.gif
i have a 22awg 8wire bw...stunning sounding with a code-x headphone or a he500..a league up compared to the regular ALSO EXCELLENT 4wire 22awg BW i also had...but then again..i have a balanced dual mono custom version...so that will help also a bit to improve soundquality wink.gif

But i hope to hear something from frank concerning my super-secret Venom for my code-x wink.gif and then who knows..i then maybe could put my custom made BW on sale then..MAYBE wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 6/6/14 at 7:36am
post #6698 of 7162

Sorry lads/ladies,

 

Really busy, will go through all PM's and emails today, aswell as answer all questions regarding the Venom.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #6699 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Sorry lads/ladies,

Really busy, will go through all PM's and emails today, aswell as answer all questions regarding the Venom.
Yeah, that beast is getting more followers with every second that ticks by all of a sudden, i wonder why biggrin.gif
post #6700 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Yeah, that beast is getting more followers with every second that ticks by all of a sudden, i wonder why biggrin.gif

And rightly so too! The Venom is making my Fitear sound like a full sized can! The music is now deep and rich. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6701 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

And rightly so too! The Venom is making my Fitear sound like a full sized can! The music is now deep and rich. smily_headphones1.gif
So it sounds like a supercharged 8wire BW..with every part improved..and i happen to know how uniquely beautiful a 8wire 22awg sounds like.. biggrin.gif
Damn i want mine!!!! But am patient wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 6/6/14 at 6:28pm
post #6702 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

So it sounds like a supercharged 8wire BW..with every part improved..and i happen to know how uniquely beautiful a 8wire 22awg sounds like.. biggrin.gif
Damn i want mine!!!! But am patient wink.gif

Indeed it is! smily_headphones1.gif
post #6703 of 7162

The RC-4 IEM cable is much stiffer then what a headphone cable is, this is because each sleeve has 2 wires side by side, which makes it quite stiff. This was the only way to make the cable, without making it as bulky as the headphone cables.

 

For the Silver Venom, i am actually having the wire especially made for the IEM cables, so will have thinner sleeving and silver in general is also much more softer, so will be more flexible.

 

I actually received the Silver Venom and Silver Widow wires a couple of days ago from my wire manufacturers, they will now be heading off to have the insulation applied next week. I go through several manufacturers to build some of my wires, as i feel one does a better job on some parts then another, while others don't do the type of wires i want, rather then having one place do all the work. It's easier to get one place to do all the work and save money and time, but then i don't get something i am perfectly happy with.

 

  

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #6704 of 7162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

The RC-4 IEM cable is much stiffer then what a headphone cable is, this is because each sleeve has 2 wires side by side, which makes it quite stiff. This was the only way to make the cable, without making it as bulky as the headphone cables.

For the Silver Venom, i am actually having the wire especially made for the IEM cables, so will have thinner sleeving and silver in general is also much more softer, so will be more flexible.

I actually received the Silver Venom and Silver Widow wires a couple of days ago from my wire manufacturers, they will now be heading off to have the insulation applied next week. I go through several manufacturers to build some of my wires, as i feel one does a better job on some parts then another, while others don't do the type of wires i want, rather then having one place do all the work. It's easier to get one place to do all the work and save money and time, but then i don't get something i am perfectly happy with.


  

I should add that my copper venom is a balanced one for use with my ak240. And so each channel is fully insulated from the other. Great for balanced sound. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6705 of 7162
Thanks Frank for the update. I have yet to have a chance to audition Kiat's venom but he has shared his impressions with me. Awesome it seems. Will await eagerly for your updates.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread