Thanks. Too bad it's not really a portable solution.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Can anyone point me towards a good DAP for under $250? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- dont know what portable music player to buy Last post on 11/3/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- [ASK] Best Dap / mp3 player for Shure Se215 T___T Last post on 7/21/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- ibasso d4/d6 or hm601/602 for hd598+ie8 with galaxy s Last post on 4/13/11 at 7:23am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
This review is based on the brief time I had the X5 as part of the UK tour. I am not going in the facts, like spec, what's in the box etc, we all know that by now. This is all my...
In this review, I will be introducing what I believe to be Noontec Zoro's brother, the Zoro HD. The Zoro was a very successful headphone that get positive reviews on several big audio forum/website...
Hello Just few words about my self: Im professional sound engineer, who enjoys pure and flat sound. Nothing hyped and no snake oil for me thank you. Just got them couple days ago, and i was...
Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3! - Page 38post #556 of 9477/26/12 at 11:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 9477/26/12 at 11:29ampost #558 of 9477/26/12 at 11:39am
A DIY line out cable:post #559 of 9477/26/12 at 11:44ampost #560 of 9477/26/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by DanBa
A DIY line out cable:
Appreciated post but ...... I continue to thinking this line out from usb is no good , I prefer an asincronous usb dac solution if a real line out there is'nt.post #561 of 9477/26/12 at 4:45pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gattari
Has nobody done this comparison?,Are we sure that with the usb and external amp will have better sound? And if yes .... How mutch better?
This question becouse I think the usb output of a galaxy s3 or other phone is not a top quality option, I think we wil get better result using a line out (iphone or sony z walkman for ex) + amp when it is possible
But I really don't have experience I am gratefull to anyone post an opinion based on experience (I'm interested particularly on experience on s3 +dac + amp+ headphone VS s3 + headphone ).
A few of us here have used our S3s with and without external USB DAC/amp combos, I don't think anyone who has done so has found the headphone output to be superior. To my ears I hear a significant improvement even with my E7 (how much of that is the DAC and how much is the amping I'm not sure, at least one person here is 100% convinced the difference is entirely accounted for by the amp, when I have time I'll listen just with the headphone amp and compare). I have a HeadAmp Pico shipping to me soon and will update again after that. Will do some blind tests with a friend who is into his audio with his headphones when he comes up to stay next weekend (going to a Smashing Pumpkins gig), be interested to see what he thinks about headphone only Vs USB DAC/amp Vs just amp and comparing Pico and E7.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 7/26/12 at 4:48pmpost #562 of 9477/26/12 at 4:46pmThread Starterpost #563 of 9477/26/12 at 7:44pmpost #564 of 9477/26/12 at 7:46pmThread StarterQuote:
Doesn't it have to be? All that is being sent out of the USB is 0's and 1's right?post #565 of 9477/26/12 at 8:31pmQuote:
Not necessarily. Like in the iPhone you can use the line out ONLY to amp it, hence a product like CLAS to bypass the internal DAC of the iPhone which has to be patented. I'm not sure if people have been connecting their standalone DACs and getting the same results.post #566 of 9477/26/12 at 8:43pm
I would just wait for the Voodoo thing. I have tons of headphone amps (SR71A, SR71B, Meier Stepdance), portable DACs (CLAS, Fostex HP-P1, iBasso DB2) as well as DAP (Hifiman 801) and a bunch of tweaks for them (15V mod for Stepdance, and a bunch of cables) but they just ended up collecting dust in my drawer. I would bring one or two of them (mostly CLAS and SR71A) to drive my LCD2 when I go on to vacations but other than that, they are a waste of money, at least to me. Sure, my ES5 or my UE18 Pro do sound a tad nicer with these things, but to me it is not worth the hassle.
Edited by googleli - 7/26/12 at 8:47pmpost #567 of 9477/26/12 at 8:56pmpost #568 of 9477/26/12 at 8:57pmQuote:
It's a bunch of wires. They can carry digital or analog, but for the USB interface, typically digital.post #569 of 9477/26/12 at 10:40pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm only connecting to the E7 via USB, I figure it can only accept 0's and 1's that way since I'm not using anything but USB cables (no dock connectors or other adapters like on the iPhone).post #570 of 9477/26/12 at 10:58pm
Even USB cables make a big difference. I have a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable which represents a vast improvement over the stock USB cable, when used between the Macbook Pro and the Antelope Zodiac Gold DAC. I wonder whether any high end micro-USB ended cable will be on the market any time soon though.
- Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black... 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio amp with Neutron Crossfeed settings 2 minutes ago
- › Help needed in finalizing my purchase 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › Cowon EM1 In-Earphone by vaibhavp
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude