Thanks. Too bad it's not really a portable solution.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Can anyone point me towards a good DAP for under $250? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- dont know what portable music player to buy Last post on 11/3/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- [ASK] Best Dap / mp3 player for Shure Se215 T___T Last post on 7/21/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- ibasso d4/d6 or hm601/602 for hd598+ie8 with galaxy s Last post on 4/13/11 at 7:23am in Headphones (full-size)
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3! - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A DIY line out cable:
A DIY line out cable:
Appreciated post but ...... I continue to thinking this line out from usb is no good , I prefer an asincronous usb dac solution if a real line out there is'nt.
Has nobody done this comparison?,Are we sure that with the usb and external amp will have better sound? And if yes .... How mutch better?
This question becouse I think the usb output of a galaxy s3 or other phone is not a top quality option, I think we wil get better result using a line out (iphone or sony z walkman for ex) + amp when it is possible
But I really don't have experience I am gratefull to anyone post an opinion based on experience (I'm interested particularly on experience on s3 +dac + amp+ headphone VS s3 + headphone ).
A few of us here have used our S3s with and without external USB DAC/amp combos, I don't think anyone who has done so has found the headphone output to be superior. To my ears I hear a significant improvement even with my E7 (how much of that is the DAC and how much is the amping I'm not sure, at least one person here is 100% convinced the difference is entirely accounted for by the amp, when I have time I'll listen just with the headphone amp and compare). I have a HeadAmp Pico shipping to me soon and will update again after that. Will do some blind tests with a friend who is into his audio with his headphones when he comes up to stay next weekend (going to a Smashing Pumpkins gig), be interested to see what he thinks about headphone only Vs USB DAC/amp Vs just amp and comparing Pico and E7.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 7/26/12 at 4:48pm
Doesn't it have to be? All that is being sent out of the USB is 0's and 1's right?
Not necessarily. Like in the iPhone you can use the line out ONLY to amp it, hence a product like CLAS to bypass the internal DAC of the iPhone which has to be patented. I'm not sure if people have been connecting their standalone DACs and getting the same results.
I would just wait for the Voodoo thing. I have tons of headphone amps (SR71A, SR71B, Meier Stepdance), portable DACs (CLAS, Fostex HP-P1, iBasso DB2) as well as DAP (Hifiman 801) and a bunch of tweaks for them (15V mod for Stepdance, and a bunch of cables) but they just ended up collecting dust in my drawer. I would bring one or two of them (mostly CLAS and SR71A) to drive my LCD2 when I go on to vacations but other than that, they are a waste of money, at least to me. Sure, my ES5 or my UE18 Pro do sound a tad nicer with these things, but to me it is not worth the hassle.
Edited by googleli - 7/26/12 at 8:47pm
It's a bunch of wires. They can carry digital or analog, but for the USB interface, typically digital.
I'm only connecting to the E7 via USB, I figure it can only accept 0's and 1's that way since I'm not using anything but USB cables (no dock connectors or other adapters like on the iPhone).
Even USB cables make a big difference. I have a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable which represents a vast improvement over the stock USB cable, when used between the Macbook Pro and the Antelope Zodiac Gold DAC. I wonder whether any high end micro-USB ended cable will be on the market any time soon though.
- Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 10 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Amp/DAC combo mostly for desktop listening around $100? 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Raspberry Pi2 as Music Server? 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AV Reveiver headphone jack 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2