Thanks. Too bad it's not really a portable solution.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Can anyone point me towards a good DAP for under $250? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- dont know what portable music player to buy Last post on 11/3/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- [ASK] Best Dap / mp3 player for Shure Se215 T___T Last post on 7/21/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- ibasso d4/d6 or hm601/602 for hd598+ie8 with galaxy s Last post on 4/13/11 at 7:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3! - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A DIY line out cable:
A DIY line out cable:
Appreciated post but ...... I continue to thinking this line out from usb is no good , I prefer an asincronous usb dac solution if a real line out there is'nt.
Has nobody done this comparison?,Are we sure that with the usb and external amp will have better sound? And if yes .... How mutch better?
This question becouse I think the usb output of a galaxy s3 or other phone is not a top quality option, I think we wil get better result using a line out (iphone or sony z walkman for ex) + amp when it is possible
But I really don't have experience I am gratefull to anyone post an opinion based on experience (I'm interested particularly on experience on s3 +dac + amp+ headphone VS s3 + headphone ).
A few of us here have used our S3s with and without external USB DAC/amp combos, I don't think anyone who has done so has found the headphone output to be superior. To my ears I hear a significant improvement even with my E7 (how much of that is the DAC and how much is the amping I'm not sure, at least one person here is 100% convinced the difference is entirely accounted for by the amp, when I have time I'll listen just with the headphone amp and compare). I have a HeadAmp Pico shipping to me soon and will update again after that. Will do some blind tests with a friend who is into his audio with his headphones when he comes up to stay next weekend (going to a Smashing Pumpkins gig), be interested to see what he thinks about headphone only Vs USB DAC/amp Vs just amp and comparing Pico and E7.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 7/26/12 at 4:48pm
Doesn't it have to be? All that is being sent out of the USB is 0's and 1's right?
Not necessarily. Like in the iPhone you can use the line out ONLY to amp it, hence a product like CLAS to bypass the internal DAC of the iPhone which has to be patented. I'm not sure if people have been connecting their standalone DACs and getting the same results.
I would just wait for the Voodoo thing. I have tons of headphone amps (SR71A, SR71B, Meier Stepdance), portable DACs (CLAS, Fostex HP-P1, iBasso DB2) as well as DAP (Hifiman 801) and a bunch of tweaks for them (15V mod for Stepdance, and a bunch of cables) but they just ended up collecting dust in my drawer. I would bring one or two of them (mostly CLAS and SR71A) to drive my LCD2 when I go on to vacations but other than that, they are a waste of money, at least to me. Sure, my ES5 or my UE18 Pro do sound a tad nicer with these things, but to me it is not worth the hassle.
Edited by googleli - 7/26/12 at 8:47pm
It's a bunch of wires. They can carry digital or analog, but for the USB interface, typically digital.
I'm only connecting to the E7 via USB, I figure it can only accept 0's and 1's that way since I'm not using anything but USB cables (no dock connectors or other adapters like on the iPhone).
Even USB cables make a big difference. I have a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable which represents a vast improvement over the stock USB cable, when used between the Macbook Pro and the Antelope Zodiac Gold DAC. I wonder whether any high end micro-USB ended cable will be on the market any time soon though.
- Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 29 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Massive cable yard sale: Audioquest, Signal Cable, Moon Audio, Alo... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Sell AKG K612 Pro and get a Fidelio X1? 3 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mini Dac TDA1543 X 4 NOS 5 minutes ago
- › OnePlus One 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)