Hm, i see other people are having problems with the cable as well. My L connector is dropping too, but only in certain positions. I'm thinking of either just buying a new cable or trying to send mine in, though i don't know how long the warranty is when you get it from headamp.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 980
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From my brief listening I've found that their clarity CAN work really well for certain music. Even without EQ. Anyhoo, in search of brightness tackle I've ordered a set of Sennheiser foams. They're about 7.5cm and should about cover the driver leaving enough room to still attach the rings. In theory.. :)
Don't know their quality but there are a few on Ebay that are made and shipped from USA.
Nearly a year, so i guess hifiman
Now i just don't know
Are you sure HifiMan has a three year warranty? I just looked on www.head-direct.com and it says one year warranty.
People started getting cards that said three years from Hifiman. It would be pretty disingenuous of them to start including those for some but not all.
I changed my cable for a "Forza Audio Works" cable (the cheapest version) about 1 Meter long. It was rather expensive and actually the 3.5 mm jack is a bit too fat, and has damaged my Fiio E17 headphone jack to a certain extent.
This cable costed me 257 PLN (around 85 dollars), while a guy at a shop made me a great RCA to 3.5 mm Jack cable for 90 PLN (30 dollars).
Im quite sure, as long as you get the hifiman screw ins, you can get a rather cheap and good cable.
For me the canare cable was simply something i did not want to handle, not to mention i like to take the HE-400 on my way to work.
Long stif cables must be almost constantly monitored so you dont damage them, and while i "could" keep that in mind for some time, id eventually forget (and im sure when i Live with someone they would forget even sooner).
So i just got a 3 meter 5 dollar 3.5 mm extender, and no, I notice no difference from those cables.
On the silver vs copper, Im assuming you will find many advocates of both sides :D.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 58 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Parasound zdac reviews? 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)