Hm, i see other people are having problems with the cable as well. My L connector is dropping too, but only in certain positions. I'm thinking of either just buying a new cable or trying to send mine in, though i don't know how long the warranty is when you get it from headamp.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 980
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From my brief listening I've found that their clarity CAN work really well for certain music. Even without EQ. Anyhoo, in search of brightness tackle I've ordered a set of Sennheiser foams. They're about 7.5cm and should about cover the driver leaving enough room to still attach the rings. In theory.. :)
Don't know their quality but there are a few on Ebay that are made and shipped from USA.
Nearly a year, so i guess hifiman
Now i just don't know
Are you sure HifiMan has a three year warranty? I just looked on www.head-direct.com and it says one year warranty.
People started getting cards that said three years from Hifiman. It would be pretty disingenuous of them to start including those for some but not all.
I changed my cable for a "Forza Audio Works" cable (the cheapest version) about 1 Meter long. It was rather expensive and actually the 3.5 mm jack is a bit too fat, and has damaged my Fiio E17 headphone jack to a certain extent.
This cable costed me 257 PLN (around 85 dollars), while a guy at a shop made me a great RCA to 3.5 mm Jack cable for 90 PLN (30 dollars).
Im quite sure, as long as you get the hifiman screw ins, you can get a rather cheap and good cable.
For me the canare cable was simply something i did not want to handle, not to mention i like to take the HE-400 on my way to work.
Long stif cables must be almost constantly monitored so you dont damage them, and while i "could" keep that in mind for some time, id eventually forget (and im sure when i Live with someone they would forget even sooner).
So i just got a 3 meter 5 dollar 3.5 mm extender, and no, I notice no difference from those cables.
On the silver vs copper, Im assuming you will find many advocates of both sides :D.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Vinnie Rossi LIO - Ultracapacitor-Powered, Modular Hi-Fi System is... 15 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 55 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Neutral headphone amp/DAC for $200-250 3 minutes ago
- › going from Bose AE2 3 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)