Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 980

post #14686 of 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthUnnamed View Post
 

So do i ask headamp for the replacement cable or hifiman?


How long have you had it? Usually within 30 days = seller, longer = manufacturer

post #14687 of 20394
Thread Starter 

Just send an email to justin@headamp.com and ask what is best.

 

gL!!

post #14688 of 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
 


How long have you had it? Usually within 30 days = seller, longer = manufacturer

Nearly a year, so i guess hifiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Just send an email to justin@headamp.com and ask what is best.

 

gL!!

 

 

Now i just don't know

post #14689 of 20394

Definitely contact hifiman. After 30 days 99% of retailers are not who you contact for warranty.


Edited by Zalithian - 12/1/13 at 4:40pm
post #14690 of 20394

Are you sure HifiMan has a three year warranty? I just looked on www.head-direct.com and it says one year warranty.

post #14691 of 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
 

Are you sure HifiMan has a three year warranty? I just looked on www.head-direct.com and it says one year warranty.

People started getting cards that said three years from Hifiman. It would be pretty disingenuous of them to start including those for some but not all.

post #14692 of 20394
Bought mine from Moon Audio, I'll send them an email tomorrow asking about warranty.
post #14693 of 20394

I changed my cable for a "Forza Audio Works" cable (the cheapest version) about 1 Meter long. It was rather expensive and actually the 3.5 mm jack is a bit too fat, and has damaged my Fiio E17 headphone jack to a certain extent.

This cable costed me 257 PLN (around 85 dollars), while a guy at a shop made me a great RCA to 3.5 mm Jack cable for 90 PLN (30 dollars).

 

Im quite sure, as long as you get the hifiman screw ins, you can get a rather cheap and good cable.

For me the canare cable was simply something i did not want to handle, not to mention i like to take the HE-400 on my way to work.

Long stif cables must be almost constantly monitored so you dont damage them, and while i "could" keep that in mind for some time, id eventually forget (and im sure when i Live with someone they would forget even sooner).

So i just got a 3 meter 5 dollar 3.5 mm extender, and no, I notice no difference from those cables.

 

On the silver vs copper, Im assuming you will find many advocates of both sides :D.

post #14694 of 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

 

From my brief listening I've found that their clarity CAN work really well for certain music. Even without EQ. Anyhoo, in search of brightness tackle I've ordered a set of Sennheiser foams. They're about 7.5cm and should about cover the driver leaving enough room to still attach the rings. In theory.. :)

 

It will not really do very much honestly I can tell you now, the modded pads and foam will make it slightly better but it will still be there. The reason for this being that the HE400 treble is not uniformly bright.... It has big spikes in it


Edited by nicholars - 12/2/13 at 2:57am
post #14695 of 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post
 

People started getting cards that said three years from Hifiman. It would be pretty disingenuous of them to start including those for some but not all.

 

it is a 1 year warranty not 3

post #14696 of 20394

It is three years unless it has been changed just recently. This was a reply I received from them, on this topic.

 

Originally Posted by EricHD View Post
 

Hi, headphones (HE-400, HE-500 and HE-6) from Dec, 2012 have three years warranty.

post #14697 of 20394

Anyone have tried this cable with your beloved HE400?It is advertised for HE300 but the Hifiman rep told me that it can work with HE400, just want to make sure. I do love the sound of HE400 but I am not comfortable with the stock cable.

 

post #14698 of 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
 

It is three years unless it has been changed just recently. This was a reply I received from them, on this topic.

 

Originally Posted by EricHD View Post
 

Hi, headphones (HE-400, HE-500 and HE-6) from Dec, 2012 have three years warranty.

3 Years warranty would be awsome. I mean, most people well versed in the world of electronics will tell you that if something dosent break in 1 year, it will probably last 10 (assuming you take care of it, and that its not programed to break in a certain amount of time like printers or light bulbs). Still, there is that 2-5% wildcard i guess.

post #14699 of 20394

Product Description

HifiMan HE-400 Headphones A breakthrough in both planar magnetic pricepoint and also in warm acoustic performance, HifiMan's most recent headphone design provides the most affordable entry point for listeners seeking uniquely precise planar-magnetic sound quality. Easy to drive even direct from portable players or an iPhone, a nice portable amp will add clean punch and improved definition for audiophile listeners. Sweet dark indigo colour stands subtly apart from the pack. Product Features: Great sound and stunning price for planar magnetic design Large-well, comfortable circumaural earcups with deep padding Breakthrough clarity and naturalness of tone without headphone amp required Detachable replaceable/upgradeable headphone cord design Smooth dark indigo colour Specifications: Headphone Type: Full Size Weight: 440 grams Impedance @ 1kHz: 35 Ohms Detachable Cable: Yes Cord Length: 9.5ft Cord Type: Straight Y Coupler Size: Large Ear Coupler Type: Full-Size Driver Type: Planar Magnetic Acoustic Seal: Open Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year Sensitivity: 92.4 dB

post #14700 of 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Product Description



HifiMan HE-400 Headphones A breakthrough in both planar magnetic pricepoint and also in warm acoustic performance, HifiMan's most recent headphone design provides the most affordable entry point for listeners seeking uniquely precise planar-magnetic sound quality. Easy to drive even direct from portable players or an iPhone, a nice portable amp will add clean punch and improved definition for audiophile listeners. Sweet dark indigo colour stands subtly apart from the pack. Product Features: Great sound and stunning price for planar magnetic design Large-well, comfortable circumaural earcups with deep padding Breakthrough clarity and naturalness of tone without headphone amp required Detachable replaceable/upgradeable headphone cord design Smooth dark indigo colour Specifications: Headphone Type: Full Size Weight: 440 grams Impedance @ 1kHz: 35 Ohms Detachable Cable: Yes Cord Length: 9.5ft Cord Type: Straight Y Coupler Size: Large Ear Coupler Type: Full-Size Driver Type: Planar Magnetic Acoustic Seal: Open Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year Sensitivity: 92.4 dB

Right, that page never changed. But as of last year, those headphones ship with a three year warranty card. This is fact.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**