Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The ATH-CKS77..Big, roomy, detailed, balanced, n I am not just talking about the bass.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The ATH-CKS77..Big, roomy, detailed, balanced, n I am not just talking about the bass. - Page 84

post #1246 of 1485

Burning them FX1X will no doubt improve them but they will never sound at the levels of the CKS77, even the FX101 have much better SQ.

 

I think the FX1X are for people who only wants to hear the Bass and nothing else ! biggrin.gif

post #1247 of 1485

just received my pair from ebay...this thing is really amazing for the price. really blown away

post #1248 of 1485

Hey guys can anyone that has these recommend an over head set of headphones that sound like these?  Was going to try the ws55 but, after reading for the past few days, and looking at review vids they are regarded as a step down from the 77's.  They are said not to have the same bass or just the... IN YOUR FACE!! presentation that is on these lil' monsters.  These are seriously my favorite pair of in-ears ATM and I put all thoughts of a different pair of in ears aside.  Just looking for a set of cans to go with them when I want just a tad more noise :)

 

Thanks in advance.

post #1249 of 1485

What do you mean by "a tad bit more noise"? More volume?

post #1250 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

What do you mean by "a tad bit more noise"? More volume?

Yeah, I guess you could say that. Just more sound in general, seeing as the over heads take your whole ear.

post #1251 of 1485

Well if you're looking for just an increase in volume the only thing you need would be an amp. Im not sure which other headphones sound like these.


Maybe Dsnuts could chime in?

post #1252 of 1485
Thread Starter 

You are talking about just overall sound. You want a big sound like the CKS77 has in a headphone. For bassy headphones I like my WS55s a lot actually. Don't believe everything you read online. The Ultrasone DJ1 is another one I like a lot.. Denon D2000 if you want a big sound.

post #1253 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Well if you're looking for just an increase in volume the only thing you need would be an amp. Im not sure which other headphones sound like these.


Maybe Dsnuts could chime in?


I didn't mean just volume (sorry i'm not good at putting things into words sometime), and I have the E11, I can't live w/o it.  Thinking about getting a ZO also.

post #1254 of 1485

Hi guys,

My brothers on an expedition to japan in a few months and then I thought what a great opportunity for me to grab those famous CKM77's!

But I have no clue what kind of store it would be, and how cheap it would be.

Does anyone from japan have any idea, or even someone whose just visited there?
Thanks 

 
post #1255 of 1485

You can get them at many electronic shops, just tell him to ask someone where the closest denkiya-san is. I just picked up a pair at a place called Yamada Denki here in Kyushu (southern japan)

post #1256 of 1485

Ok, so how much do they cost?
 

post #1257 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnom View Post

Ok, so how much do they cost?
 

 

Don't recall exactly, they had a few models, ranging from around 4,000 to 9,800 yen. I'll make a trip there on Monday and give you some exact numbers. Nothing in Japan is a deal though, other than tobacco and women. :cheers:


Edited by Adhesive - 7/13/12 at 5:56am
post #1258 of 1485

So, after reading various experiences in this thread, I bought a pair of ATH-CKS77LTD's on eBay from a Hong-Kong based seller. It arrived today. 

First, these things are gorgeous. Loving the metallic red. They're much bigger than what I'm used to, and I have to say I find that a little uncomfortable, but I could get used to that if the sound is as good as I read. I gave them a quick first listen, and they're clearly in need of some burn-in, but the lows sounded very good. And, wow, these things are absolute bass-cannons.

Sadly, I quickly discovered there's something loose inside the left earphone. It's very easy to hear when I shake it, sometimes even when I take it out of my ear. I'm not sure how worried I should be about this. Just in case, I contacted the seller asking if I could get it replaced, if it does turn out to be a problem...

post #1259 of 1485

I'd just like to chime in here and say how surprised I am yet again with Audio-Technica's house sound, especially to how it relates to female vocals. I don't like how Sennhesiers make female vocals sound. Papery and thin. I think it's due to the rolled-off treble that many headphones have. I can remember the M-Audio Q40 having a papery quality to female vocals and having them just sound so distant compared to everything else in the spectrum.

 

On the Ath-M50 and the CKS77 moreseo, it's like there's some distance between the listener and the female vocalist. It's like there's time for their voice to get some air before it enters my ear canal. It feels like they're talking to me at 2 or 3 away. Not too close and not too far. This might be the Audio-Technica sound signature and I absolutely love it.

 

I think I"m becoming more of a treblehead as time goes on due to what it gives to female vocalists.

 

As another point of comparison, the Philips Citiscape Uptowns and Dwontowns have their vocals sound very shouty. It's fun, but unnatural in comparison.

 

Koss DJ100 sounds great with female vocals.


Edited by lubczyk - 7/13/12 at 3:24pm
post #1260 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinSF View Post

So, after reading various experiences in this thread, I bought a pair of ATH-CKS77LTD's on eBay from a Hong-Kong based seller. It arrived today. 

First, these things are gorgeous. Loving the metallic red. They're much bigger than what I'm used to, and I have to say I find that a little uncomfortable, but I could get used to that if the sound is as good as I read. I gave them a quick first listen, and they're clearly in need of some burn-in, but the lows sounded very good. And, wow, these things are absolute bass-cannons.

Sadly, I quickly discovered there's something loose inside the left earphone. It's very easy to hear when I shake it, sometimes even when I take it out of my ear. I'm not sure how worried I should be about this. Just in case, I contacted the seller asking if I could get it replaced, if it does turn out to be a problem...

I'd be suspicious you might have gotten a fake.

 

Unfortunately most of what you see on eBay that is being sold from the Far East or the Orient are merely posers selling fake goods. Sounds like you may have received some fakes.

 

One thing that makes me a little leary is your picture. . .it depicts an earphone with a straight plug. But the genuine CKS77s have an angled 'L-Shaped' plug design.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The ATH-CKS77..Big, roomy, detailed, balanced, n I am not just talking about the bass.