the q701 i heard were pretty good, slighty better than the k701/2 surprisingly... even though they were celeberty endorsed headphones... hopefully these will sound good too, and hopefully akg wont rip you off
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 16post #226 of 5177/16/12 at 8:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 5177/16/12 at 10:47pm
Well lets see thus far AKG has recently put out the K550 headphone the K3003 earphone and now there's this news about a Tiesto line of headphones. Busy year for AKGpost #228 of 5177/17/12 at 8:03ampost #229 of 5177/17/12 at 8:56amQuote:
And what's happened to the release date? Weren't these supposed to come out last month?post #230 of 5177/17/12 at 2:22pmpost #231 of 5177/17/12 at 7:25pm
I've been thinking: hasn't AKG been encroaching onto Audio-Technica's territory for a while now? First with the K701 on the A900 and recently with the K550 to outcompete with the A900X. Maybe this their forary to compete with Audio-Technica's Solid-Bass Lineup? I mean, when discussing studio monitiors the ATH-M50 and the K240/K271 always pop-up side by side.post #232 of 5177/18/12 at 3:28am
Global DJ and Producer Tiësto Teams With AKG for New Headphone Line Delivering Sonic Performance, Advanced Design, and Superior Comfort
In an introduction that marries creative inspiration from the world’s leading DJ with advanced audio and technical design from the preeminent headphone manufacturer, HARMAN today announces the “AKG by Tiësto” range of headphones that feature tuning and styling directed by legendary DJ and producer Tiësto.
Comprising three high-performing professional-grade headphones, the Tiësto Series will appeal to a broad range of end users, from studio engineers, to artists, fans and Tiësto himself - whether in the studio, at a show or on the go.
The AKG by Tiësto headphones will be released globally in June 2012. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for updates including headphone specifications and the official on sale date.
With more than 300 million total views on YouTube, 11.5 million+ fans on Facebook and over 1 million followers on Twitter, Tiësto is one of the most influential DJ’s in the world. His achievements have ranged from playing at the opening of the 2004 Olympics to an audience of billions in 2004, to Grammy Award nominations and the coveted title of ‘Greatest DJ Of All Time’, bestowed on him by Mixmag. As well as running his own label, Musical Freedom, Tiësto is constantly travelling around the globe playing over 250 shows a year to millions of fans.
“AKG is rooted in the passion for music at the same time as having a unique eye for design and style,” Tiësto says. “Together we’ve created a line of headphones that are perfect for those who want the best quality of sound, but don’t wish to compromise on style, whether you’re looking to mix in the studio, perform live or even listen when you’re on the move.”
Commenting on the announcement Thomas Stubics, product marketing manager, AKG noted “The AKG by Tiësto headphones will convey an entirely new level of performance to the DJ profession. Every aspect of the Tiësto headphones encompasses the style, emotion and heart Tiësto provides his audiences, live or on a record. Working with Tiësto allows AKG to extend its reputation of quality and reliability directly to the DJ himself, ensuring shows and albums are at peak performance.”
See AKG by Tiësto at EDC in Las Vegas on Facebook!
» TOP » PRINT »post #233 of 5177/18/12 at 3:47am
These needs to be released already, in fact it says 3 headphones in this series making it even more interesting, just hope they all won't be on-ear which being a DJ-oriented series might not be out of the question.
EDIT: I really haven't followed this thread so don't know if it's been posted or not but I suppose this is one of the models? Good news is that it's a over-ear which do look quite good, a bit Hifiman style in an alu housing.
Some of these pics on facebook are just... err... see for yourself lol
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 7/18/12 at 3:54ampost #234 of 5177/18/12 at 2:57pmpost #235 of 5177/18/12 at 3:12pmpost #236 of 5177/18/12 at 3:30pmpost #237 of 5177/18/12 at 3:50pmpost #238 of 5177/18/12 at 6:21pmWow, clothing in raves really is trough the roof. Almost as crazy as your average day in tokyo.
And in all this shameless try at astroturfing, at least one person had the brilliant idea of trying them.
I hate beats not only because they are overpriced, but because of the massing astroturfing surrounding them. How many times have any of you stumbled upon an article or forum post that had for sole purpose advertising beats? If AKG goes that route with these tiesto headphones, they won't get much love from me.post #239 of 5177/18/12 at 6:26pm
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 52 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-SA3000 5 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...