the q701 i heard were pretty good, slighty better than the k701/2 surprisingly... even though they were celeberty endorsed headphones... hopefully these will sound good too, and hopefully akg wont rip you off
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD Last post on 5/23/12 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K140 explored Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have I bought the same headphones in different package? (K242HD and K530) The same driver in... Last post on 2/6/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto" - Page 16post #226 of 5137/16/12 at 8:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 5137/16/12 at 10:47pm
Well lets see thus far AKG has recently put out the K550 headphone the K3003 earphone and now there's this news about a Tiesto line of headphones. Busy year for AKGpost #228 of 5137/17/12 at 8:03ampost #229 of 5137/17/12 at 8:56amQuote:
And what's happened to the release date? Weren't these supposed to come out last month?post #230 of 5137/17/12 at 2:22pmpost #231 of 5137/17/12 at 7:25pm
I've been thinking: hasn't AKG been encroaching onto Audio-Technica's territory for a while now? First with the K701 on the A900 and recently with the K550 to outcompete with the A900X. Maybe this their forary to compete with Audio-Technica's Solid-Bass Lineup? I mean, when discussing studio monitiors the ATH-M50 and the K240/K271 always pop-up side by side.post #232 of 5137/18/12 at 3:28am
Global DJ and Producer Tiësto Teams With AKG for New Headphone Line Delivering Sonic Performance, Advanced Design, and Superior Comfort
In an introduction that marries creative inspiration from the world’s leading DJ with advanced audio and technical design from the preeminent headphone manufacturer, HARMAN today announces the “AKG by Tiësto” range of headphones that feature tuning and styling directed by legendary DJ and producer Tiësto.
Comprising three high-performing professional-grade headphones, the Tiësto Series will appeal to a broad range of end users, from studio engineers, to artists, fans and Tiësto himself - whether in the studio, at a show or on the go.
The AKG by Tiësto headphones will be released globally in June 2012. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for updates including headphone specifications and the official on sale date.
With more than 300 million total views on YouTube, 11.5 million+ fans on Facebook and over 1 million followers on Twitter, Tiësto is one of the most influential DJ’s in the world. His achievements have ranged from playing at the opening of the 2004 Olympics to an audience of billions in 2004, to Grammy Award nominations and the coveted title of ‘Greatest DJ Of All Time’, bestowed on him by Mixmag. As well as running his own label, Musical Freedom, Tiësto is constantly travelling around the globe playing over 250 shows a year to millions of fans.
“AKG is rooted in the passion for music at the same time as having a unique eye for design and style,” Tiësto says. “Together we’ve created a line of headphones that are perfect for those who want the best quality of sound, but don’t wish to compromise on style, whether you’re looking to mix in the studio, perform live or even listen when you’re on the move.”
Commenting on the announcement Thomas Stubics, product marketing manager, AKG noted “The AKG by Tiësto headphones will convey an entirely new level of performance to the DJ profession. Every aspect of the Tiësto headphones encompasses the style, emotion and heart Tiësto provides his audiences, live or on a record. Working with Tiësto allows AKG to extend its reputation of quality and reliability directly to the DJ himself, ensuring shows and albums are at peak performance.”
See AKG by Tiësto at EDC in Las Vegas on Facebook!
» TOP » PRINT »post #233 of 5137/18/12 at 3:47am
These needs to be released already, in fact it says 3 headphones in this series making it even more interesting, just hope they all won't be on-ear which being a DJ-oriented series might not be out of the question.
EDIT: I really haven't followed this thread so don't know if it's been posted or not but I suppose this is one of the models? Good news is that it's a over-ear which do look quite good, a bit Hifiman style in an alu housing.
Some of these pics on facebook are just... err... see for yourself lol
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 7/18/12 at 3:54ampost #234 of 5137/18/12 at 2:57pmpost #235 of 5137/18/12 at 3:12pmpost #236 of 5137/18/12 at 3:30pmpost #237 of 5137/18/12 at 3:50pmpost #238 of 5137/18/12 at 6:21pmWow, clothing in raves really is trough the roof. Almost as crazy as your average day in tokyo.
And in all this shameless try at astroturfing, at least one person had the brilliant idea of trying them.
I hate beats not only because they are overpriced, but because of the massing astroturfing surrounding them. How many times have any of you stumbled upon an article or forum post that had for sole purpose advertising beats? If AKG goes that route with these tiesto headphones, they won't get much love from me.post #239 of 5137/18/12 at 6:26pm
- New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 14 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 37 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones under $100 that compete at mid-high/high end headphones. 1 minute ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 2 minutes ago
- › Quickstep (Meier Audio Corda Quipstep) 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Review 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions.... 4 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe