- 1,134 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 4/8/15 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread - Page 38post #556 of 8649/17/13 at 11:47pmIm not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 8649/18/13 at 12:06ampost #558 of 8649/18/13 at 12:12amQuote:Having hd580 and dt250-250 side by side, I would say the latter is more natural and speaker-like to me. More fun to listen to. I assume hd580 and hd600 are similar. Although Hd580 has more detail emphasis and sound stage, I think I will keep searching for the open back version of dt250-250.Originally Posted by dryvadeum
Im not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.post #559 of 8649/18/13 at 12:34amThread Starterpost #560 of 8649/18/13 at 1:30pm
Well, if they cancelled previous orders, they still have the offer available, so I had to place my order. We'll see. Worth a try. $27.80 with free Super Saver shipping.
At around $160 these are one of the best purchases I've ever made.post #561 of 8649/18/13 at 5:52pm
well I for one am glad it at least has brought some interest to these.
Hard to get them out of my mind, especially after reading this thread though end to end then again skimming it.
Appreciate everyone's impressions and input.post #562 of 8649/18/13 at 6:35pmpost #563 of 8649/18/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
You're telling me! I had to stop after reading the 1st and last 5 pages because I started lusting after them too much. C'mon amazon, be nice!post #564 of 8649/18/13 at 6:54pmpost #565 of 8649/18/13 at 8:11pmWill reading the entire thread make me feel better once amazon denies me? I didn't think so lol!post #566 of 8649/18/13 at 11:41pmThread Starter
After reading the thread you will feel that even at 160 to $200, they are still a great value. Lets cut to the chase... these sound better than the Hifiman HE6, Sennheiser HD650, lots of open cans, and all the other closed cans I've tried:D
Edited by donunus - 9/18/13 at 11:43pmpost #567 of 8649/18/13 at 11:44pmThread Starter
The only things about these cans where they can't compete with the top cans is in dynamics and low level detail. Soundstage although not all that big on these cans is quite nice and round especially for a closed headphone. Tonality is their strong suit.post #568 of 8649/19/13 at 2:19amQuote:
That definitely sounds like hype. Hype helps no one.post #569 of 8649/19/13 at 3:37ampost #570 of 8649/19/13 at 3:54amThread Starter
They do hold their own and probably sound closest to the hd600 compared to any other closed headphone out there but of course sennheiser has their signature buttery mids that the beyers lack plus the senns soundstage is wider. Still, the beyers soundstage is more speakerlike to me. When listening to speakers, the sound doesn't spread so wide :D
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 11 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 12 seconds ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › Beyer DT990 Pro 250 ohm vs Philips Fidelio X2 for gaming 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear