- 1,127 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 5/23/12
- productbeyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms)tagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Dt250 vs shure srh840 a brief comparison Last post on 1/20/14 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The notorious Beyer screw Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 4/8/15 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread - Page 38post #556 of 8629/17/13 at 11:47pmIm not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 8629/18/13 at 12:06ampost #558 of 8629/18/13 at 12:12amQuote:Having hd580 and dt250-250 side by side, I would say the latter is more natural and speaker-like to me. More fun to listen to. I assume hd580 and hd600 are similar. Although Hd580 has more detail emphasis and sound stage, I think I will keep searching for the open back version of dt250-250.Originally Posted by dryvadeum
Im not sure how much difference there is between the 80 ohm and 250 ohm, having only heard the 80, but to say the 250 is a closed HD600 seems like hype. I say this cos Ive heard the HD650 and its far more refined than the 80 ohm DT250. Me thinks this is a case of headfi hyperitis.post #559 of 8629/18/13 at 12:34amThread Starterpost #560 of 8629/18/13 at 1:30pm
Well, if they cancelled previous orders, they still have the offer available, so I had to place my order. We'll see. Worth a try. $27.80 with free Super Saver shipping.
At around $160 these are one of the best purchases I've ever made.post #561 of 8629/18/13 at 5:52pm
well I for one am glad it at least has brought some interest to these.
Hard to get them out of my mind, especially after reading this thread though end to end then again skimming it.
Appreciate everyone's impressions and input.post #562 of 8629/18/13 at 6:35pmpost #563 of 8629/18/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
You're telling me! I had to stop after reading the 1st and last 5 pages because I started lusting after them too much. C'mon amazon, be nice!post #564 of 8629/18/13 at 6:54pmpost #565 of 8629/18/13 at 8:11pmWill reading the entire thread make me feel better once amazon denies me? I didn't think so lol!post #566 of 8629/18/13 at 11:41pmThread Starter
After reading the thread you will feel that even at 160 to $200, they are still a great value. Lets cut to the chase... these sound better than the Hifiman HE6, Sennheiser HD650, lots of open cans, and all the other closed cans I've tried:D
Edited by donunus - 9/18/13 at 11:43pmpost #567 of 8629/18/13 at 11:44pmThread Starter
The only things about these cans where they can't compete with the top cans is in dynamics and low level detail. Soundstage although not all that big on these cans is quite nice and round especially for a closed headphone. Tonality is their strong suit.post #568 of 8629/19/13 at 2:19amQuote:
That definitely sounds like hype. Hype helps no one.post #569 of 8629/19/13 at 3:37ampost #570 of 8629/19/13 at 3:54amThread Starter
They do hold their own and probably sound closest to the hd600 compared to any other closed headphone out there but of course sennheiser has their signature buttery mids that the beyers lack plus the senns soundstage is wider. Still, the beyers soundstage is more speakerlike to me. When listening to speakers, the sound doesn't spread so wide :D
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven IV 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear