Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › god i hate battlefield 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

god i hate battlefield 3 - Page 2

post #16 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post

EA needs to get their head back into the game.. they haven't released many games these few years that really piqued my interest 



Really? They have for me. only problems i experienced with them is just regular things you experience none the less anyway and are sometimes the dev's fault

post #17 of 345

BC2?  Honestly though Battlefield has never been about the single player, you should at least try the co-op.

 

As far as releasing important games - I can't think of any shooters that have cropped up in the past few years that can compare to BatlleField series.  Much, much more work goes into these games than goes into crappy modern warfare series.

 

I am also looking forward to the new CS.  As good as BF3 is it is not really much of a platform of competitive gaming - too many bugs and glitches, useless sniper class etc.

post #18 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

But wait:

7 MVP ribbons?
You dreaming right?

 


Oops I meant 7 MVP medals - I have like 2 I think.

 

You may be onto something with using the less effective weapons - it does cure boredom somewhat - but when I start to rage my serious kits always comes out lol.biggrin.gif

post #19 of 345
Hahaha so true.
I get frustrated when i get killed by a famas cross map, by a lvl 30 with 20 service stars on it...
post #20 of 345
You people need to get lives and play less lol. tongue.gif

I have to agree though, the sniper nerf is frustrating. USAS frag rounds are also a huge pisser. I play metro frequently and it's hard to find a map where there isn't people either camping with snipers or running around with frag rounds.
I wish you could customize your soldier from the ground up though, as in putting any weapon with any class specialty (ex. engineer with AEK)

I blame EA though. Everything was great until they got involved.
post #21 of 345

What do you mean....you people?

robertdjr.jpg

post #22 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaskimmer View Post

You people need to get lives and play less lol. tongue.gif
I have to agree though, the sniper nerf is frustrating. USAS frag rounds are also a huge pisser. I play metro frequently and it's hard to find a map where there isn't people either camping with snipers or running around with frag rounds.
I wish you could customize your soldier from the ground up though, as in putting any weapon with any class specialty (ex. engineer with AEK)
I blame EA though. Everything was great until they got involved.


lol - some people play MUCH more day in day out of BF...let alone those COD fan boys 0.0

 

Blame EA?
Them, coupled with the team they bought, DICE have always been the makers of BF...

 

 

post #23 of 345

DICE has usually produced quality. I have a feeling it's more and more pressure from EA to do things like COD. 

 

Whatever EA, just let them finish Mirror's Edge 2, but if it has more of a focus on guns I'll kill everyone.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Them, coupled with the team they bought, DICE have always been the makers of BF...

 

 



 

 

post #24 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

DICE has usually produced quality. I have a feeling it's more and more pressure from EA to do things like COD. 

 

Whatever EA, just let them finish Mirror's Edge 2, but if it has more of a focus on guns I'll kill everyone.
 

 


Agreed

 

DICE are awesome - EA are...money hungry.

 

That said both need each other. And they do a pretty good job.

post #25 of 345
Yea that is what I was trying to get at.

DICE makes the quality stuff, but EA is in it just for the money. But, DICE needed EA's money to make the game... lose/lose situation?
The game is great, far better than any CoD after CoD4, but, as a player on PC, I see lots of areas for improvement on the developer's side. For one, client side hit detection is a fail 90% of the time - you can get killed when under cover by another player who is laggier than you cause they still "see" you on their screen, no in-game VOIP, and worst of all, EA origin...
post #26 of 345

Nothing beats BF2142 IMO on the PC - wish they updated that with a frostbite engine, and ported it to console.

 

I would buy it without watching the trailer.

 

Only problem was with BF2142, ironically, was EA and their darn servers...nothing changed, 5yrs on....

post #27 of 345

God I want to play an updated 2142.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Nothing beats BF2142 IMO on the PC - wish they updated that with a frostbite engine, and ported it to console.

 

I would buy it without watching the trailer.

 

Only problem was with BF2142, ironically, was EA and their darn servers...nothing changed, 5yrs on....



 

 

post #28 of 345
I really enjoyed 2142 as well went on today and not many servers are up... frown.gif I really miss it, I wish they would just update the game engine as well and add a couple things sell it as battlefield 2143 or something...
post #29 of 345
2142 was a classic... I miss the good old days of video games.
post #30 of 345
I was ranked 113th in the world for the speeder, the hachimono in northern strike
Which put me 12th ranked in the UK...
Edited by Totally Dubbed - 2/12/12 at 1:11pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › god i hate battlefield 3