Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 169

post #2521 of 20986
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsquared View Post

Awesome, thanks! I've not heard it. I will definitely check it out.

Even though the SQ is limited (you can only expect so much from youtube), here is a link to a video of her performing Mad Rush (to give you an idea of what to expect).  It's the same performance that is used on the CD, but I believe the CD sounds much better (kudos to the person that mastered it, and I'm too lazy to go look right now).

post #2522 of 20986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha101 View Post

As much as I wish guys, that I already had them, Val posted a recent mobile upload. Im sure there just around the corner.

 

 

Mobile upload posted where?  A website or directly to you? 

 

Anxiously awaiting another 'Captain's V-Log' teaser.

post #2523 of 20986

I thought the mention of developing silicone in Japan was for the VAMP... but considering that's already out I guess not?

 

And, ah, the hinges! Totally forgot I wanted to ask something regarding it...

Since the hinges are not sealed/connected at its two extremities, there is a chance that things including cables get caught in it when unfolding. How well do each one hold up against each other in such a clash?

post #2524 of 20986

Just received my Fiio e17 today. This dirt poor college student is now 110% ready for these. Get at me!

 

The only high quality songs I have for referencing is that HD tracks pack that they give out for free... I have a lot of other stuff but it's not HIGH quality.

post #2525 of 20986

.

post #2526 of 20986

Because of my budget, would a cheap amp like the Fiio E6 be even worth to buy for the M-100?

post #2527 of 20986

I see some of your selections have changed since I first posed the same question months ago.  I still haven't decided #1, but The Doors 'Riders on the Storm' will be in there around 5th, after testing out the range with something more dynamic.  Tool is definitely a consideration for 2nd. Maybe the Chemical Bros for 4th.  Merzbow is a Japanese Industrial musician, undoubtedly an aquired taste, might slip in at 3rd.  I used to play the track '716' from them just to piss of the neighbors but it has affectionately grown on me. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by largemouth bass View Post

Flash forward...ya just got your M100 package in the mail and you're creamin' in your jeans before you can get it out of the box. What is the FIRST song you are going to pump life into these bad boys? 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamsweb View Post

For me it's always Fleetwood Mac The Chain when checking out new headphones. With top quality cans you really can hear details otherwise missed and it shows up the quality (or lack of it) of the bass. basshead.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

PrototypeRaptor - Fasten your seatbelt (its available for free on bandcamp) bass heavy, very complex electronic, skrillex like but a notable difference in sound.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Also first song? REALLY tough. I will probably have to choose Antidepressant 044 since it would break my mind with musical bliss.

post #2528 of 20986
Quote:
Originally Posted by largemouth bass View Post

Merzbow is a Japanese Industrial musician, undoubtedly an aquired taste, might slip in at 3rd.  I used to play the track '716' from them just to piss of the neighbors but it has affectionately grown on me. 

Holy cow, wtf did your neighbors do to you to piss you off that much?  I would seriously hesitate to even call Merzbow's sound "music" (more honestly referred to as noise, neither being positive or critical here... Just honest).  If anyone believes I am being too harsh here, please go look up Merzbow to see what I mean, before passing judgment.

post #2529 of 20986

Just posted by Val on Twitter.

 

"shameless M-100 plug ‪#m100mania‬ VMODA @VMODA pic.twitter.com/FBO6iMhz"

AwnCPa0CQAEnv8m.jpg

 

Does anyone see why he may have posted this? Is it a 1/4" adapter?
 

post #2530 of 20986

I don't like how it's straight...  Please be some sort of crazy special adapter :p  Or a different studio cable or something.  Rather have the angled for mobile use :D

post #2531 of 20986
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

I don't like how it's straight...  Please be some sort of crazy special adapter :p  Or a different studio cable or something.  Rather have the angled for mobile use :D

 Totally agree with this.  It's not good for portable players or the cable, if this is a divergence from the 45 degree connector.

post #2532 of 20986
Quote:
Holy cow, wtf did your neighbors do to you to piss you off that much?  I would seriously hesitate to even call Merzbow's sound "music" (more honestly referred to as noise, neither being positive or critical here... Just honest).  If anyone believes I am being too harsh here, please go look up Merzbow to see what I mean, before passing judgment.

In my opinion, you are right. I clicked on a song called hummingbird and it scared the bejeezus out of me.

post #2533 of 20986
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Does anyone see why he may have posted this? Is it a 1/4" adapter?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

I don't like how it's straight...  Please be some sort of crazy special adapter :p  Or a different studio cable or something.  Rather have the angled for mobile use :D

 

If its not a special adapter, then it could just be the end of the cable that goes into the headphone.

 

...Also i looked up Merzbow and listened for 10 seconds to Minus Zero and it scared me to near death.

post #2534 of 20986

stay tuned for more surprise pics on Twitter/FB V-MODA. I just landed in San Francisco with FOUR NEARLY FINAL M-100s and another secret product, I'm the luckiest gadget-guy in the world.  

 

SF QWIK MEET?

I'll be in SF all week, if some people are around I can setup a small V-MODA meet somewhere.   

 

Glad to be back in USA!

 

-v

Reply
post #2535 of 20986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike96 View Post

 

 

If its not a special adapter, then it could just be the end of the cable that goes into the headphone.

 

...Also i looked up Merzbow and listened for 10 seconds to Minus Zero and it scared me to near death.

 

Good point Mike...  I hope this is true :)  IDC if he has a 1/4" (or a 1/8") connector into the headphone if this is the end that goes into the headphone :p as long as the other end is angled that is.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.