Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1215

post #18211 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post

With the PT mod, my ears fit without going behind the pad and they JUST touch the driver. So hopefully they will fit perfect with the XL's.

Then yes, the XL pads will be a good, comfortable fit for you. I really couldn't stand the stock pads without the rope mod. The pressure on my ears ranged from irritating to painful. It's a problem that I've experienced with almost every unmodified headphone I've ever used or tried to use.

Edit: They should be a good, comfortable fit. Try them for yourself; don't take my word for it.
Edited by ratinox - 1/23/14 at 10:51am
post #18212 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

Then yes, the XL pads will be a good, comfortable fit for you. I really couldn't stand the stock pads without the rope mod. The pressure on my ears ranged from irritating to painful. It's a problem that I've experienced with almost every unmodified headphone I've ever used or tried to use.

Edit: They should be a good, comfortable fit. Try them for yourself; don't take my word for it.


Can't really try without order them next month when they in stock.
post #18213 of 21232

~~Replying to "V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.

 

 

 

I just tried to register mine and says they already have that number used WTF!!!

I got them from Vmodas web site with a boom pro mic and it wont register as well

Sent a ticket in hope they get back to me soon on this

Really like the cans by the way   

post #18214 of 21232

post #18215 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

Ah, I see. The XL pads have much more space inside (Miceblue posted measurements earlier in the thread) so you may not need that extra space underneath the pads. For comparison, my ears are about 35mm from tragus (bump in front of the canal) to helix (rim) at the widest point and they protrude about 20mm from my scalp. The liner gently touches my helices. I've also flattened the headband a bit to reduce clamping force. Your mileage may vary.

How thick is the pad?
post #18216 of 21232

For those of you who have tried these with a few different dac/amps could you tell me how they sound with the Dragonfly and/or DacMagic XS? currently running them with the E07k but have a chance to upgrade but wanted to know a little bit more about the sound before I took the leap.

post #18217 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan22 View Post
 

 

Why doesn't v-moda sell them? I swear i saw the founder of the company comment on a post on amazon saying they are coming but they need to be approved or something but that was a few months ago,

 

Yes, i would love to know which brands of cable work for the headphones.

 

The updated 3-button MFI cables are still under development, I will keep you informed.  

 

-V

Reply
post #18218 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSound86 View Post
 

For those of you who have tried these with a few different dac/amps could you tell me how they sound with the Dragonfly and/or DacMagic XS? currently running them with the E07k but have a chance to upgrade but wanted to know a little bit more about the sound before I took the leap.

AQDF + M-100 = my reference on PC.  AQDF has a very clean sound and for only < $100 it's a great buy.

post #18219 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

AQDF + M-100 = my reference on PC.  AQDF has a very clean sound and for only < $100 it's a great buy.

 

Are there any other details you could give me about the sound with the AQDF? as i've had my eye on it for a long time but couldn't afford it but now the price has dropped i'm very tempted but now i'm hearing very good things about the DacMagic XS so it's a bit of decision also I heard one person say AQDC flattens the sound with the M100's which is worrying as I love the way the bass is on them naturally and my E07k polishes it even further for a very nice sound but i'm worried I might dish out on a AQDF and end up with something that strips out the bottom end ie bass.

post #18220 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by husthn View Post

How thick is the pad?

Use the search function, Luke. smily_headphones1.gif
post #18221 of 21232

The AQDF uses Saber DAC so it is very clean sounding, which also support 24/96 and async USB that I don't think the DacMagic XS has.  The AQDF is also smaller and uses standard USB plug, so no cable is required for the setup.  Whoever said that the AQDF flatten the sound of the M-100 clearly doesn't know what s/he is talking about.  However, the AQDF doesn't have as much power as the E07K which is a draw back.  Yet to be honest in this case it should not matter, as I set the volume to only 20 for my AQDF and the volumne from the M-100 is already pretty high.  I can tell you that the AQDF is pretty neutral in terms of it's sound, so you are not going to lose bass, plus there are plenty of apps on PC that can help you tune your EQ.  My only concern is that you might have been conditioned to the sound and power of the E07K, so anything less may not be your liking.  I am a bit bias on this as I never really liked FiiO's stuff, and I do think their DAC/AMPs are conditioning people from the lower end market like Beats.  If you are in the US, then I suggest you get an AQDF from either Amazon or BestBuy and test it out yourself.

post #18222 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

The AQDF uses Saber DAC so it is very clean sounding, which also support 24/96 and async USB that I don't think the DacMagic XS has.  The AQDF is also smaller and uses standard USB plug, so no cable is required for the setup.  Whoever said that the AQDF flatten the sound of the M-100 clearly doesn't know what s/he is talking about.  However, the AQDF doesn't have as much power as the E07K which is a draw back.  Yet to be honest in this case it should not matter, as I set the volume to only 20 for my AQDF and the volumne from the M-100 is already pretty high.  I can tell you that the AQDF is pretty neutral in terms of it's sound, so you are not going to lose bass, plus there are plenty of apps on PC that can help you tune your EQ.  My only concern is that you might have been conditioned to the sound and power of the E07K, so anything less may not be your liking.  I am a bit bias on this as I never really liked FiiO's stuff, and I do think their DAC/AMPs are conditioning people from the lower end market like Beats.  If you are in the US, then I suggest you get an AQDF from either Amazon or BestBuy and test it out yourself.


are you sure the audioquest dragonfly uses a saber dac? just wondering about your source

post #18223 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post
 

 

The updated 3-button MFI cables are still under development, I will keep you informed.  

 

-V


a 3 button cable that works with android would be badass... tho i understand it may be impossible due to the OS & all that fragmentation.

post #18224 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post


are you sure the audioquest dragonfly uses a saber dac? just wondering about your source
Probably on the ever-so-elusive homepage of AQ's website lol..
The heart of DragonFly is the 24-bit ESS Sabre™ conversion chip, a high-performance solution that’s typically found in better CD and Blu-ray Disc™ players.

Justsayin wink.gif (excuse the sarcasm)
post #18225 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvtn View Post

Probably on the ever-so-elusive homepage of AQ's website lol..
The heart of DragonFly is the 24-bit ESS Sabre™ conversion chip, a high-performance solution that’s typically found in better CD and Blu-ray Disc™ players.

Justsayin wink.gif (excuse the sarcasm)

lol i thought u meant u knew which exact chip is in there. ess has a ton of chips, so just saying the brand name doesn't really mean anything lol. like saying my computer has a high-performance intel chip inside hahaha.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.