or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1066

post #15976 of 22857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

That's very true, but remember that the VERZA is pretty much the only one that supports both iOS and a majority of Android devices out there (and Windows RT, if you care.)  Of course for $600 amp only, then I will get the ones you mentioned anytime.  In fact, I am very likely to pick up a ReMK3-B+ or HiFi M8 in the future.

 

The Verza is one of the handful of DAC/amps out there that can bypass the iDevice built-in DAC, and they are all in the same price range ($500-700)
post #15977 of 22857
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

The Verza is one of the handful of DAC/amps out there that can bypass the iDevice built-in DAC, and they are all in the same price range ($500-700)

FIIO made one that bypassed with a 30-pin dock connector (no lightning support) that was 20 bucks...
post #15978 of 22857

That's a line out dock.

Line out ≠ digital out

 

If it were digital out, people would be using the E17's DAC portion with iDevices, but they're not.

post #15979 of 22857
That's right. A line-out dock bypasses the iDevice internal amp, but not the DAC. As far as I know, the cheapest piece of equipment that can obtain a pure digital output from an iPod is the $120 Pure i20, which also happens to have a DAC, but it can be bypassed. It's not portable though.
Edited by blueangel2323 - 8/9/13 at 11:55am
post #15980 of 22857

Well if you want to get technical it will be the 30 pin Lightning adapter with it's Wolfson DAC for the LOD, but yeah this is not very meaningful for a clean DAC/AMP setup.

post #15981 of 22857
I wonder if that Lightning adaptor could be modded to become just a digital out...
post #15982 of 22857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Well if you want to get technical it will be the 30 pin Lightning adapter with it's Wolfson DAC for the LOD, but yeah this is not very meaningful for a clean DAC/AMP setup.


Unfortunately from what I have read the DAC in the lightning adapter is not as good as the built in DAC in the IPhone 4 or 5.  In an ideal world, Apple will recognize the increasing demands of portable audiophiles and upgrade their DAC like they upgrade screens, processors and cameras for the Iphone 6.

 

The above fact also makes a stronger case for products like Verza, Centrance M8, Fostex, Sony, etc. that bypass the Iphone's DAC.


Edited by Craigster75 - 8/9/13 at 2:09pm
post #15983 of 22857

damn the m100 doesnt go loud enough for me on my cell phone (nexus 4)

is there a way to crank up the volume without an amp?

post #15984 of 22857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Unfortunately from what I have read the DAC in the lightning adapter is not as good as the built in DAC in the IPhone 4 or 5.  In an ideal world, Apple will recognize the increasing demands of portable audiophiles and upgrade their DAC like they upgrade screens, processors and cameras for the Iphone 6.

 

The above fact also makes a stronger case for products like Verza, Centrance M8, Fostex, Sony, etc. that bypass the Iphone's DAC.

That's why it is a moot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post

damn the m100 doesnt go loud enough for me on my cell phone (nexus 4)

is there a way to crank up the volume without an amp?

Did you turn off any EQ or volume limiter?

post #15985 of 22857

im not saying its not loud, but i would like to go it louder. The beats goes ALOT harder. And no i didnt do any adjustments 

post #15986 of 22857
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummel View Post

im not saying its not loud, but i would like to go it louder. The beats goes ALOT harder. And no i didnt do any adjustments 

Time for an amp :).

post #15987 of 22857

i have an amp but i dont want to drag that thing along with me :p

im comparing the beats pro to the m100 atm and at the beginning i was in favour of the beats pro but the more i listen to music the more im leaning toward the m100. (still beats pro isnt that crap like everyone says).

Bass on both is almost the same. ive got a feeling it depends on what song im listening. Sometimes the beats give me more impact, sometimes the m100. I have to give my amp 3 volumes up to get the same volume as the pro tho. Sound wise the sound really alike. gonna do some more research ;)


Edited by hummel - 8/9/13 at 2:51pm
post #15988 of 22857

OK guys I need a favor from anyone who uses the boom mic. I've never used mine and since I don't game online or use Skype it's pretty useless to me therefore I sold mine. Long story short, the buyer just messaged me saying he's having problems with the mic. Quoting him directly:

 

 

 

Quote:Buyer
Hi i received the mic today but it doesn't work. When I plug it into the headphones and my computer and use it on skype my friends can't hear me and when i plug it into my headphones they hear echos of themselves.

 

Anyone know whats going on here? Does he need a VOIP adapter? Anyone?

post #15989 of 22857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Anyone know whats going on here? Does he need a VOIP adapter? Anyone?

Yes of course.  Also make sure the cable is clicked into place on the headphone end.

post #15990 of 22857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Anyone know whats going on here? Does he need a VOIP adapter? Anyone?
Yes of course.  Also make sure the cable is clicked into place on the headphone end.

Yee. I still need to ask the Apple/Microsoft stores about the TRRS jacks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.