Edited by dogears - 1/6/12 at 12:19am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What brand of custom fit in ear monitors fit best? Last post on 12/30/10 at 4:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with [custom] IEM choice Last post on 7/11/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE sf5v2 in Custom Shell
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Initial impression as posted on average_joe's thread :P
Got my UEsf5v2c They were sent (From Manila, Philippines) to Stage93 of Singapore via DHL on 14 November and Eldrid got it on the 16th. They were sent to China and came back to him on 19 December. Just got them today with my friends help - hand carried from SG > PH. I actually liked the waiting
Fit: like leather gloves! Snug and tight and I am quite surprised coming from the EM3Pros that I sanded to fit my ears :P the isolation is very very good. I'm still learning how to pry them off my ears in a convenient manner.
Sound: Just as I expected! The bass improved due to bone conduction and it sounds more balanced now. Before the reshell, the highs were 'leading' and the bass is overwhelmed. In the custom shell, even the highs seem to sound more polished. The mids remain unchanged - I think. Still have to compare with my other IEMs (K2, SM2, EM3Pros). I still can hear the cohesiveness of the sound with the single driver - one main reason why I decided to reshell the UEsf5v2. I am so glad it worked as expected
For now, here are some pictures taken with my Nokia N82 :P
Thank you for the nice pics dogears, I don't think anyone knows what UEsfv5u2 is or what the value of these IEM's are.
@kiteki, thanks for dropping by.
The Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 [v2] is a single custom balanced armature 'top firing' IEMs which was priced at $169.
anythingbutipod: 'Fun', 'exciting' sound signature, slight loudness curve character; Very good soundstage for an earphone
techpowerup: The Super.fi 5's strong suit is the mids no doubt about. They faithfully reproduce the mids with really good definition. The presentation is lukewarm and slightly forward, which makes this earphone good with lots of different types of music.
It's now discontinued but I think it was rebranded/renamed as Logitech Ultimate Ears 600vi Noise-Isolating Headset
which is now ~$138 but can be had for lower price if you google around.
@KimChee, thanks. Post-processing really works wonders, haha!
How long did you have to wait for it to get to the Pilipinas?
@Ishca, the cable is kinda stiff. I have yet to A/B it with my DIY mouse cable but initial impression is quite positive specially on the highs.
@Kim/Lurk, thanks much.
@Tom, I can get my orders from US to get here within 2 weeks but this one was almost 2 months since I ordered other stuff that went with it and took a different route
- UE sf5v2 in Custom Shell
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)