Edited by dogears - 1/6/12 at 12:19am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What brand of custom fit in ear monitors fit best? Last post on 12/30/10 at 4:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with [custom] IEM choice Last post on 7/11/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE sf5v2 in Custom Shell
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Initial impression as posted on average_joe's thread :P
Got my UEsf5v2c They were sent (From Manila, Philippines) to Stage93 of Singapore via DHL on 14 November and Eldrid got it on the 16th. They were sent to China and came back to him on 19 December. Just got them today with my friends help - hand carried from SG > PH. I actually liked the waiting
Fit: like leather gloves! Snug and tight and I am quite surprised coming from the EM3Pros that I sanded to fit my ears :P the isolation is very very good. I'm still learning how to pry them off my ears in a convenient manner.
Sound: Just as I expected! The bass improved due to bone conduction and it sounds more balanced now. Before the reshell, the highs were 'leading' and the bass is overwhelmed. In the custom shell, even the highs seem to sound more polished. The mids remain unchanged - I think. Still have to compare with my other IEMs (K2, SM2, EM3Pros). I still can hear the cohesiveness of the sound with the single driver - one main reason why I decided to reshell the UEsf5v2. I am so glad it worked as expected
For now, here are some pictures taken with my Nokia N82 :P
Thank you for the nice pics dogears, I don't think anyone knows what UEsfv5u2 is or what the value of these IEM's are.
@kiteki, thanks for dropping by.
The Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 [v2] is a single custom balanced armature 'top firing' IEMs which was priced at $169.
anythingbutipod: 'Fun', 'exciting' sound signature, slight loudness curve character; Very good soundstage for an earphone
techpowerup: The Super.fi 5's strong suit is the mids no doubt about. They faithfully reproduce the mids with really good definition. The presentation is lukewarm and slightly forward, which makes this earphone good with lots of different types of music.
It's now discontinued but I think it was rebranded/renamed as Logitech Ultimate Ears 600vi Noise-Isolating Headset
which is now ~$138 but can be had for lower price if you google around.
@KimChee, thanks. Post-processing really works wonders, haha!
@Ishca, the cable is kinda stiff. I have yet to A/B it with my DIY mouse cable but initial impression is quite positive specially on the highs.
@Kim/Lurk, thanks much.
@Tom, I can get my orders from US to get here within 2 weeks but this one was almost 2 months since I ordered other stuff that went with it and took a different route
- UE sf5v2 in Custom Shell
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Review of JBL LSR305 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo vs iFi idac2, is the Hugo so much better? $2400 vs 300$? 1 minute ago
- › SHOZY Lancea impressions and appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD-XC 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Need a badge? 5 minutes ago
- › Review: MEElectronics HT-21 – Loud & Clear! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2