Edited by dogears - 1/6/12 at 12:19am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What brand of custom fit in ear monitors fit best? Last post on 12/30/10 at 4:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with [custom] IEM choice Last post on 7/11/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE sf5v2 in Custom Shell
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Initial impression as posted on average_joe's thread :P
Got my UEsf5v2c They were sent (From Manila, Philippines) to Stage93 of Singapore via DHL on 14 November and Eldrid got it on the 16th. They were sent to China and came back to him on 19 December. Just got them today with my friends help - hand carried from SG > PH. I actually liked the waiting
Fit: like leather gloves! Snug and tight and I am quite surprised coming from the EM3Pros that I sanded to fit my ears :P the isolation is very very good. I'm still learning how to pry them off my ears in a convenient manner.
Sound: Just as I expected! The bass improved due to bone conduction and it sounds more balanced now. Before the reshell, the highs were 'leading' and the bass is overwhelmed. In the custom shell, even the highs seem to sound more polished. The mids remain unchanged - I think. Still have to compare with my other IEMs (K2, SM2, EM3Pros). I still can hear the cohesiveness of the sound with the single driver - one main reason why I decided to reshell the UEsf5v2. I am so glad it worked as expected
For now, here are some pictures taken with my Nokia N82 :P
Thank you for the nice pics dogears, I don't think anyone knows what UEsfv5u2 is or what the value of these IEM's are.
@kiteki, thanks for dropping by.
The Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 [v2] is a single custom balanced armature 'top firing' IEMs which was priced at $169.
anythingbutipod: 'Fun', 'exciting' sound signature, slight loudness curve character; Very good soundstage for an earphone
techpowerup: The Super.fi 5's strong suit is the mids no doubt about. They faithfully reproduce the mids with really good definition. The presentation is lukewarm and slightly forward, which makes this earphone good with lots of different types of music.
It's now discontinued but I think it was rebranded/renamed as Logitech Ultimate Ears 600vi Noise-Isolating Headset
which is now ~$138 but can be had for lower price if you google around.
@KimChee, thanks. Post-processing really works wonders, haha!
How long did you have to wait for it to get to the Pilipinas?
@Ishca, the cable is kinda stiff. I have yet to A/B it with my DIY mouse cable but initial impression is quite positive specially on the highs.
@Kim/Lurk, thanks much.
@Tom, I can get my orders from US to get here within 2 weeks but this one was almost 2 months since I ordered other stuff that went with it and took a different route
- UE sf5v2 in Custom Shell
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p - Price Drop 2 minutes ago
- › Which one? AKG Q701 vs. BeyerDynamics Custom Pro's vs ... 5 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 9 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 10 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 12 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 16 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)