Edited by dogears - 1/6/12 at 12:19am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What brand of custom fit in ear monitors fit best? Last post on 12/30/10 at 4:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with [custom] IEM choice Last post on 7/11/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
UE sf5v2 in Custom Shell
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Initial impression as posted on average_joe's thread :P
Got my UEsf5v2c They were sent (From Manila, Philippines) to Stage93 of Singapore via DHL on 14 November and Eldrid got it on the 16th. They were sent to China and came back to him on 19 December. Just got them today with my friends help - hand carried from SG > PH. I actually liked the waiting
Fit: like leather gloves! Snug and tight and I am quite surprised coming from the EM3Pros that I sanded to fit my ears :P the isolation is very very good. I'm still learning how to pry them off my ears in a convenient manner.
Sound: Just as I expected! The bass improved due to bone conduction and it sounds more balanced now. Before the reshell, the highs were 'leading' and the bass is overwhelmed. In the custom shell, even the highs seem to sound more polished. The mids remain unchanged - I think. Still have to compare with my other IEMs (K2, SM2, EM3Pros). I still can hear the cohesiveness of the sound with the single driver - one main reason why I decided to reshell the UEsf5v2. I am so glad it worked as expected
For now, here are some pictures taken with my Nokia N82 :P
Thank you for the nice pics dogears, I don't think anyone knows what UEsfv5u2 is or what the value of these IEM's are.
@kiteki, thanks for dropping by.
The Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 [v2] is a single custom balanced armature 'top firing' IEMs which was priced at $169.
anythingbutipod: 'Fun', 'exciting' sound signature, slight loudness curve character; Very good soundstage for an earphone
techpowerup: The Super.fi 5's strong suit is the mids no doubt about. They faithfully reproduce the mids with really good definition. The presentation is lukewarm and slightly forward, which makes this earphone good with lots of different types of music.
It's now discontinued but I think it was rebranded/renamed as Logitech Ultimate Ears 600vi Noise-Isolating Headset
which is now ~$138 but can be had for lower price if you google around.
@KimChee, thanks. Post-processing really works wonders, haha!
@Ishca, the cable is kinda stiff. I have yet to A/B it with my DIY mouse cable but initial impression is quite positive specially on the highs.
@Kim/Lurk, thanks much.
@Tom, I can get my orders from US to get here within 2 weeks but this one was almost 2 months since I ordered other stuff that went with it and took a different route
- UE sf5v2 in Custom Shell
- › DDC - Digital USB interfaces - Xmos or Amanero Combo384 based -... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 10 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 13 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 13 minutes ago
- › Does FiiO X1 plays in car's usb port? 16 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 19 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...