Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread - Page 24

post #346 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


Hi Chris: Yes I have. A few times. They are "perfected" D7000 headphones and DESTROY Denon's new D7100s (but then again, so do my Bose QC15s that I use when flying tongue.gif ). They are the best headphones not named the SR-009s that I've heard yet. Oh and did I say that they sound fantastic with the LF. evil_smiley.gif
Haha yes sir! Yes sir they do. biggrin.gif
Edited by SoundFreaq - 11/23/12 at 7:28pm
post #347 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

 

Yep, that noise floor difference of 83dB vs. 93dB in terms of efficiency. I'm personally using the Q Cables with them and love them (especially over the stock cables). I've owned the Silver Dragon V2, ALO Chainmail and DHC Cables, but the Q Cables are the ones that I settled in on. Great cables, likely the most ergonomic headphone cables there are and sound fantastic.

 

 

Yeah the other awesome thing about them is the price, Steve definitely has very competitive pricing on the cables, plus they look the nicest and are the most ergonomic, thats most likely what ill end up with, i was just curious

post #348 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

 

Yep, that noise floor difference of 83dB vs. 93dB in terms of efficiency. I'm personally using the Q Cables with them and love them (especially over the stock cables). I've owned the Silver Dragon V2, ALO Chainmail and DHC Cables, but the Q Cables are the ones that I settled in on. Great cables, likely the most ergonomic headphone cables there are and sound fantastic.

 

 

Hi Chris: Yes I have. A few times. They are "perfected" D7000 headphones and DESTROY Denon's new D7100s (but then again, so do my Bose QC15s that I use when flying tongue.gif). They are the best headphones not named the SR-009s that I've heard yet. Oh and did I say that they sound fantastic with the LF. evil_smiley.gif

"They are the best headphones not named the SR-009s"

 

Just so I understand you are referring to the Fostex TH 900?

post #349 of 2609
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

"They are the best headphones not named the SR-009s"


Just so I understand you are referring to the Fostex TH 900?

Nope...I was referring to the LCD-3s. The TH-900s are my second favourite closed headphones after the W3000ANVs.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 11/23/12 at 7:36pm
post #350 of 2609

Does anyone else have the same problem with the headband though? with not being able to get it to lay flat without putting it almost off the front of your head?

post #351 of 2609
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

Does anyone else have the same problem with the headband though? with not being able to get it to lay flat without putting it almost off the front of your head?

Not a problem...just how it is. The LCD-2s were the same way with the leather headband.

post #352 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Not a problem...just how it is. The LCD-2s were the same way with the leather headband.

 

i dont remember it being like that whenever i wore the LCD-2s in the past, oh well...its weird they dont sit like normal headphones. cause this way they are tilted downwards, it almost negates the angled connector for the headphone cables...

post #353 of 2609
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

 

i dont remember it being like that whenever i wore the LCD-2s in the past, oh well...its weird they dont sit like normal headphones. cause this way they are tilted downwards, it almost negates the angled connector for the headphone cables...

Did you have the leather headband or the older one? That might explain why. The only difference between the LCD-2 leather headband and the LCD-3 headband now is colour. 

post #354 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Did you have the leather headband or the older one? That might explain why. The only difference between the LCD-2 leather headband and the LCD-3 headband now is colour. 

 

the only one i had the chance to wear was the old style, i dont think i ever even had the chance to listen to the 2.2, only the v1. I just think its weird it doesnt fit more normally in the headband, because i have it so far forward that it hangs off the top of my head and therefor its only part of the pad resting on my head which makes it start to bother me after a while. that would be my one complaint.

 

EDIT: hmm, another amp that i had kind of forgotten about..anyone hear the LCD-3 with the Little Dot Mk VI+? that thing is supposed to punch quite a bit above its weight, im looking at that and the mjolnir


Edited by SoupRKnowva - 11/23/12 at 9:19pm
post #355 of 2609
That doesn't sound normal about the headband. Mine is in the middle of my head. Either you have crooked ears or they could have put it on wrong. There are a few ways you can angle the headphones for different sound quality but if you have them upright they should be more or less in the middle.

An interesting thing I was playing around with was wearing the headphones backwards and reversing the cables. It's not better than the normal way but rather a different sonic style. The bass moves towards the front and has more accurate imaging and the treble is smoother, the mids a bit more forward and lush but definitely a loss of transient response. I tried them for a few hours this way and found the signature quite relaxing to listen to, but it's not better than the standard orientation, just different. Certainly worth trying though to see if you like the sound.
post #356 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

"They are the best headphones not named the SR-009s"


Just so I understand you are referring to the Fostex TH 900?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


Nope...I was referring to the LCD-3s. The TH-900s are my second favourite closed headphones after the W3000ANVs.

Got it thanks :)  All three look great. Wish I could get em all!

post #357 of 2609

Headband thing is normal IF you have a flat head.  Its a function of using angled pads instead of an angled mounting system.  Ie, push down on the back of the pads to 'flatten' them and poof they lay flat on the head.  Its why Senn and Beyer angle the housing on the HD800 and T1, keeps the headband inline.

post #358 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

 

the only one i had the chance to wear was the old style, i dont think i ever even had the chance to listen to the 2.2, only the v1. I just think its weird it doesnt fit more normally in the headband, because i have it so far forward that it hangs off the top of my head and therefor its only part of the pad resting on my head which makes it start to bother me after a while. that would be my one complaint.

 

EDIT: hmm, another amp that i had kind of forgotten about..anyone hear the LCD-3 with the Little Dot Mk VI+? that thing is supposed to punch quite a bit above its weight, im looking at that and the mjolnir

 

Didn't you a chance to listen to my LCD-2.2s?

post #359 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

Didn't you a chance to listen to my LCD-2.2s?

 

Youre right i did, but not for very long or anything. not really long enough to make a lasting impression

 

Oh Skylab, i know you got your review out for the soloist...did you ever get a chance to review the Mjolnir? i know you were talking about reviewing it for quite a while but i never saw one...

post #360 of 2609
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post

That doesn't sound normal about the headband. Mine is in the middle of my head. Either you have crooked ears or they could have put it on wrong. There are a few ways you can angle the headphones for different sound quality but if you have them upright they should be more or less in the middle.
 

 

i dont really know, but it wont sit flat in the middle of my head, its angled back so only the rear part of the headband is in contact with my head, which starts to bother me after a while.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Headband thing is normal IF you have a flat head.  Its a function of using angled pads instead of an angled mounting system.  Ie, push down on the back of the pads to 'flatten' them and poof they lay flat on the head.  Its why Senn and Beyer angle the housing on the HD800 and T1, keeps the headband inline.

 

haha youre right! if you push down on the rear it flattens it right out...why would they not take that into account when they designed the headband though????

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread