Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7557

post #113341 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Wah, that's quite the coincidence. Today I was trying to see what the neutral density filter does for the camera I have at hand (not much from what I took), and today that filter happens to be in the "photo of the day" on Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page


That's a very dramatic difference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_density_filter

It doesn't help that that photo is overexposed to hell though... >.>


Been listening to this album recently... So epic! biggrin.gif
That was the whole point of the photo...
"The purpose of a standard photographic neutral density filter is to reduce the amount of light entering the lens. Doing so allows the photographer to select combinations of aperture, exposure time and sensor sensitivity which would otherwise produce overexposed pictures."


Eh, that album is okay. Not my cup of tea. Their Lovelight album is way better in my opinion since they contain Touhou remixes, whose compositions are mostly always enjoyable. XD
Speaking of Cloud 9, has anyone seen "Cyborg 009"? I saw that soundtrack at the Kinokuniya Bookstore today and it reminded me of a mix between Astro Boy's art style and Mighty No.9.

Oooooooooh, that's why the characters looked so familiar!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_009#North_American_releases

I used to watch this series on Cartoon Network! : D

Edited by miceblue - 5/18/14 at 12:51am
post #113342 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 


LOL! That is funny, but so accurate that it's sad at the same time.

post #113343 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 


LOL! That is funny, but so accurate that it's sad at the same time.

 

Which $59 headphone did Dr. Dre take and rebrand?

post #113344 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

 

Which $59 headphone did Dr. Dre take and rebrand?

:deadhorse:

post #113345 of 139774

F it. Freeing up 80 gigs for that unicorn bluray.

post #113346 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

:deadhorse:

Nek minnit

 

NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha

post #113347 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post
 

 

Sidonia 6.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
**** it. Bit annoyed with the time-skip setup but oh well. It was effective. Hoshijiro was too damn nice to die raaaaaaawr. Death flags from the moment she appeared in the show though lol.

In the manga the fight scene happened first, and it was much better that way.

 

Good thing Kunato gets what's coming to him soon.

post #113348 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

 

Which $59 headphone did Dr. Dre take and rebrand?


deadhorse.gif
Noontec Zoro? XD
608.jpg

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/inexpensive-and-terrific-noontec-zoro
Quote:
The headband has an integrated pad that...wait, let's make this easy. The Noontec Zoro looks a lot like the Beats Solo, but made with cheaper materials. I'm sure they're not going to like me saying that, but hey, I didn't design them. It's obvious they wanted to compete with and gain market traction by looking similar to the Beats.
post #113349 of 139774

Bach is so ******* radical! ♥


Too much Mozart in Hyouka.

I would say the most used piece of classic music in anime history has to be "Ode an die Freude" by Beethoven.


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 5/18/14 at 8:41am
post #113350 of 139774
Thread Starter 

I despise baroque (in turn, most of Bach's pieces. There are a few that don't sound like they're baroque at all and are more classical). Most of classical I also don't really like. I love romantic and early impressionistic. Early modern is okay. There are a few ones I like. Postmodern is awful to my ears.

post #113351 of 139774

Leaving this here....

 

post #113352 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I despise baroque (in turn, most of Bach's pieces. There are a few that don't sound like they're baroque at all and are more classical). Most of classical I also don't really like. I love romantic and early impressionistic. Early modern is okay. There are a few ones I like. Postmodern is awful to my ears.

Despise? Oh wow, that's harsh.
There aren't really any epochs that I don't like. I mainly care about the instrumentation (like the pleb I am).
Chamber music or solo violin/piano etc concerts are just not for me. Debussy, Chopin....not my thing.

But I do like myself some Wagner from time to time (Germans have to like Wagner by law).

post #113353 of 139774
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Despise? Oh wow, that's harsh.
There aren't really any epochs that I don't like. I mainly care about the instrumentation (like the pleb I am).
Chamber music or solo violin/piano etc concerts are just not for me. Debussy, Chopin....not my thing.

But I do like myself some Wagner from time to time (Germans have to like Wagner by law).

I feel like one reason for my hatred towards baroque is the fact that my piano teacher loves it. He pushes us to play a bunch of Inventions and such to build up skills (which isn't a bad thing but all we played for months was baroque).

 

I also find it hard to be expressive with baroque. I love pieces that are extremely expressive. My current favorites are the Ravel Sonatines for piano.


Edited by HybridCore - 5/18/14 at 9:25am
post #113354 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I feel like one reason for my hatred towards baroque is the fact that my piano teacher loves it. He pushes us to play a bunch of Inventions and such to build up skills (which isn't a bad thing but all we played for months was baroque).

 

I also find it hard to be expressive with baroque. I love pieces that are extremely expressive. My current favorites are the Ravel Sonatines for piano.

 

......

 

 

 

Go play this!!!! :L3000:

 

http://server.agarrado.net/animemusic/nagisa-farewell-at-the-foot-of-a-hill-warm-piano-arrange.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJOOUXNQVYS467B6Q&Expires=1400432130&Signature=HSQ2nKCOAxen37wkEYIihPyRFmc%3D


Edited by NLNH - 5/18/14 at 9:46am
post #113355 of 139774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Bach is so ******* radical! ♥


Too much Mozart in Hyouka.

I would say the most used piece of classic music in anime history has to be "Ode an die Freude" by Beethoven.

 

I just cant get enough of the sound of a harpsichord..... favorite instrument of all time :p

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge