after about 80hrs burn in and expanding the headband (carefully!!!) these have gone up 5-7 notches soundwise from initial impression:)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 97post #1441 of 17003/4/13 at 7:08pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1442 of 17003/16/13 at 12:23pm
The mod proposed here is so awesome!!
I don´t know if I even like them better than the M-100 for home listening...
And a little bit of cotton... Wonderfull!!!
The soundstage goes several levels up!!
Edited by Ashade - 3/16/13 at 12:29pmpost #1443 of 17003/23/13 at 9:45ampost #1444 of 17003/23/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mannix143
newbie here and my first post. i bought the HM5 after reading a few threads in the forum.
how do you mod this headphone? I have the E11 but havent tried it yet, im still charging it to 100%.
Thanks for the imagepost #1445 of 17003/23/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
The cotton goes in the cups. You have a link in my previous post to the mod instructions.post #1446 of 17003/24/13 at 5:10ampost #1447 of 17003/24/13 at 5:18ampost #1448 of 17003/24/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
Yes, these headphones are SUPER easy to drive. That is the exact same setup I have and they sound great.
..post #1449 of 17003/25/13 at 4:03ampost #1450 of 17003/25/13 at 7:31ampost #1451 of 17003/25/13 at 7:56ampost #1452 of 17003/25/13 at 7:57ampost #1453 of 17003/25/13 at 8:01ampost #1454 of 17003/25/13 at 10:03am
- Galaxy Note II N7100
- Nexus 10
- Lenovo Yoga
- iMac 27" late 2009
- Paired sometimes with Fiio E07K
But I never raise the volume to 100% with any of my devices (completely impossible, to be honest, that would blow my ears).
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Linear Power Supply (LPS and LPS4)... 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)