after about 80hrs burn in and expanding the headband (carefully!!!) these have gone up 5-7 notches soundwise from initial impression:)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 97post #1441 of 16803/4/13 at 7:08pmpost #1442 of 16803/16/13 at 12:23pm
The mod proposed here is so awesome!!
I don´t know if I even like them better than the M-100 for home listening...
And a little bit of cotton... Wonderfull!!!
The soundstage goes several levels up!!
Edited by Ashade - 3/16/13 at 12:29pmpost #1443 of 16803/23/13 at 9:45ampost #1444 of 16803/23/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mannix143
newbie here and my first post. i bought the HM5 after reading a few threads in the forum.
how do you mod this headphone? I have the E11 but havent tried it yet, im still charging it to 100%.
Thanks for the imagepost #1445 of 16803/23/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
The cotton goes in the cups. You have a link in my previous post to the mod instructions.post #1446 of 16803/24/13 at 5:10ampost #1447 of 16803/24/13 at 5:18ampost #1448 of 16803/24/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
Yes, these headphones are SUPER easy to drive. That is the exact same setup I have and they sound great.
..post #1449 of 16803/25/13 at 4:03ampost #1450 of 16803/25/13 at 7:31ampost #1451 of 16803/25/13 at 7:56ampost #1452 of 16803/25/13 at 7:57ampost #1453 of 16803/25/13 at 8:01ampost #1454 of 16803/25/13 at 10:03am
- Galaxy Note II N7100
- Nexus 10
- Lenovo Yoga
- iMac 27" late 2009
- Paired sometimes with Fiio E07K
But I never raise the volume to 100% with any of my devices (completely impossible, to be honest, that would blow my ears).
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › For Sale: Sys Concept Short 90-deg Toslink to MiniPlug (AU Only) 16 seconds ago
- › DT-770 PRO 32 ohm or 80 ohm with Blue Yeti 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › iPod Classic 80 GB Silver 5 minutes ago
- › 65watt amp + Max 18watt speakers OK? 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)