Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › 1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player??? - Page 47  

post #691 of 838

I just received my 2nd RoCoo-p. I'm happy to report that I wasn't crazy regarding the sound and my original thoughts on FW. These clearly break in to a great player. This unit sounds just like my 1st did when new. It's a bit congested and lacks some top extension and detail. It made me long to get that top articulation that my run in player now displays extremely well with the stock FW.bigsmile_face.gif

 

If you'd like more top extension and ambient decay out of the box, just give it a while and I think you'll find it a wonderful device. I really have to say it sounds great as currently delivered (once run in) and has a nice sense of authority and control without any heavyhandedness while still having good note weight and plenty of detail. 


Edited by goodvibes - 1/10/12 at 6:40am
post #692 of 838


Just curious as to why you ordered 2 units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I just received my 2nd RoCoo-p. I'm happy to report that I wasn't crazy regarding the sound and my original thoughts on FW. These clearly break in to a great player. This unit sounds just like my 1st did when new. It's a bit congested and lacks some top extension and detail. It made me long to get that top articulation that my run in player now displays extremely well with the stock FW.bigsmile_face.gif

 

If you'd like more top extension and ambient decay out of the box, just give it a while and I think you'll find it a wonderful device. I really have to say it sounds great as currently delivered (once run in) and has a nice sense of authority and control without any heavyhandedness while still having good note weight and plenty of detail. 



 

 

post #693 of 838

I actually got the second one on auction while waiting for the first so it was a blind purchase. Will be a great backup if I drop the first or it just wears out. It does what I want it to and sounds great. I haven't decided yet whether I'll use FLAC or Nero aac 400cbr for most of it's library yet but that it accommodates aac, flac and wav is a big deal for me. Just got lucky that I won the 2nd and that they sound this good when run in.

 

I considered the Studio but like the thinner form factor of the Rocco for portable which is the only way I use a DAP. After a few Sansas and Ipods, I'm done for a while.bigsmile_face.gif


Edited by goodvibes - 1/10/12 at 7:30am
post #694 of 838

Or use both, then you can have a total of around 64GB of memory and one unit that's always fully chargedblink.gif

post #695 of 838

True, but I would have bought the Studio if I wanted extended charge and it's still smaller than 2 RoCoos. The line in and more battery time still make the Studio a more desirable player for most. Now that you've had both for a while, do you still find them sonically similar?

post #696 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

True, but I would have bought the Studio if I wanted extended charge and it's still smaller than 2 RoCoos. The line in and more battery time still make the Studio a more desirable player for most. Now that you've had both for a while, do you still find them sonically similar?



Also the amp section is different from what I am told. You can use the amp as a portable amp for other DAPs and sources and of course the 85+ hours of FLAC playback make this a very desirable player. Its about the same size as my Sansa fuze but more than double its thickness. Well not really if you consider I carry my fuze in a leather case (I'm a protective freak for my gear ;)

post #697 of 838

Speaking of cases, are there any accessories for the Studio-V or Rocoo?

post #698 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post

Speaking of cases, are there any accessories for the Studio-V or Rocoo?



I kinda wish there was. At least a very thin leather case or something to protect these beauties...

post #699 of 838

Has anyone who owns the Studio-V actually confirmed it last at least 85 hours with FLAC playback?

post #700 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaphoenix View Post

Has anyone who owns the Studio-V actually confirmed it last at least 85 hours with FLAC playback?



If you want I could let it run on constant play and see how long it lasts.

post #701 of 838

The Rocco is already almost twice as thick as an admittedly very slim fuze. .3 vs .5. The studio is ,825 which is more than the Fuze and Rocoo combined.

 

For protection this is good and adds negligible size. http://www.bestskinsever.com/other-stuff/diy-skins-1

post #702 of 838

I think that would be a good to confirm the real figures of the battery life against the manufacture specs.  If it's anything like my past Studio-I, I got at best 40-45 hours with FLAC and volume level at 15 without EQ, still quite good performance and fore me wasn't a deal breaker.  However, I recall Jack saying in a past post that it was based on medium compressed MP3 files with volume at 3 (need to confirm this), so if your battery run test is under these specs, I suppose the 85 hours is somewhat accurate.  I know that battery life is a desired feature for some, and to pay this much for a dap only to be disappointed with the huge gap between manufactures specs and real life usage, especially if one wants to use lossless files.

post #703 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaphoenix View Post

I think that would be a good to confirm the real figures of the battery life against the manufacture specs.  If it's anything like my past Studio-I, I got at best 40-45 hours with FLAC and volume level at 15 without EQ, still quite good performance and fore me wasn't a deal breaker.  However, I recall Jack saying in a past post that it was based on medium compressed MP3 files with volume at 3 (need to confirm this), so if your battery run test is under these specs, I suppose the 85 hours is somewhat accurate.  I know that battery life is a desired feature for some, and to pay this much for a dap only to be disappointed with the huge gap between manufactures specs and real life usage, especially if one wants to use lossless files.



I'll test it out at volume 11 as usually that is the max I set it at. For low level listening I generally keep it at 7 or 8

post #704 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

True, but I would have bought the Studio if I wanted extended charge and it's still smaller than 2 RoCoos. The line in and more battery time still make the Studio a more desirable player for most. Now that you've had both for a while, do you still find them sonically similar?



Initially I thought they sounded different, but after a fair amount of use of both players and having used a consistent FW (dynamic + stock) with both units for a while. I found the difference to be very negligible so that neither one sounded better than the other.

At least this is what I experience using my IEM's and portable headphones. I will try to compare them again later and see if I can pin point the difference, if any.

post #705 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



What did you win the Rocoo or studio?



RoCoo

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › 1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???