Edited by Spanish - 10/23/11 at 3:27am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 Last post on 12/13/13 at 11:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- DACs and DAPs: W4S DAC-2, Algorhythm Solo, Hifiman HM801, HM601, Hi Sound Studio V Last post on 9/15/13 at 1:06pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Advice for my Hi-Fi Portable source... or "Brick". Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:37pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801post #1 of 35410/23/11 at 2:37amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 35410/23/11 at 10:05am
This is absolutely fascinating. It might even tempt me to buy the HM-601. However....
I don't mean to be rude... (seriously, this is quite an accomplishment)... but... it would be nice if the instructions were in clear English. As it is, they are almost impossible to understand. In particular, it seems that installing Rockbox is a software operation but uninstalling it is a hardware operation(!). I would not risk this given the lack of clarity for both the install and uninstall instructions.
If any Head-fier can provide a better translation of the Russian in the above link, that would be a real service.
Congratulations on the Rockbox port!!!!post #3 of 35410/23/11 at 8:05pmpost #4 of 35410/24/11 at 2:03amThread StarterQuote:I don't mean to be rude... (seriously, this is quite an accomplishment)... but... it would be nice if the instructions were in clear English.
sorry but i don't know english well. So - i use google translate. But i think there is easy instalation but you need to know what FW is very unfinished :) There is a lot of bugs.
So - this FW only for fans for test and etc :)
But... i use it without problem. Only one make me not happy... sometime i need pres Reset because deice ... hung(?)Quote:Would it work with problem SD cards?
My SDHC which didn't work on HFM FW working with rockbox w/o anu problempost #5 of 35410/24/11 at 7:58am
Will this also work with the 602?
Was checking Rockbox and it looks like the port for 60x is very much a work in progress.
Am assuming the firmware posted here is the same as the one mentioned on the Rockbox site. Wonder if the status mentioned there is up to date.post #6 of 35410/25/11 at 3:37amThread Starterpost #7 of 35411/3/11 at 4:03ampost #8 of 35411/3/11 at 5:51ampost #9 of 35411/3/11 at 6:18amThread Starter
RockBox for HiFiman HM801
Install RockBox on HiFiMan HM801
(Note - the firmware has not licked the end, so that the installation is at your own risk.)
1. Download both files attached below (HM-801.rockbox.zip and HM-801.rockbox.PutOnSDCard.zip). And of course - unzip the.
2. One of the files, the one that IMG - throw to the player's internal memory and restart the player.
Then - on the internal memory to forget:) It ceases to be visible:) But it's kind of like a temporary solution. I hope something like this chip later corrected.
3. The folder. Rockbox from the second archive (the one that HM-801.rockbox.PutOnSDCard.zip) throws a card reader (or a player before installing the firmware) to the memory card you'll use the player.
P.S. And this is important! The device can hang on and it is treated only RESET (ohm), so that the pin carry - be sure:)
Instructions for returning to the original firmware.
1) The archive tools.rar Driver + flasher. Install the driver.
2) Run the flasher RK27_UpgradeImage administrator.
3) Turn on the player.
4) Connect via usb to the PC.
5) Go to System / System -> Debug (Don't touch!) / Debug (do not touch!) -> View HW info.
6) The program RK27Upgrade_Image opposite "Image??" select the firmware then click the "?? (U)" and wait.
Be sure to first paragraph 4, and then 5.
Edited by Spanish - 11/3/11 at 6:30ampost #10 of 35411/3/11 at 8:57am
I haven't tested from a full charge so I don't know if the battery life is any better. The sound is the same, except now you have a usable EQ and other nice features that rockbox adds. I still don't use any EQ but the interface and navigation is of course miles ahead of the hifiman firmware.post #11 of 35411/4/11 at 2:34ampost #12 of 35411/4/11 at 3:53am
The whoever guy is Mortalis, a russian programmer. You can find his posts on the rockbox forum. With a help from the topicstarter Spanish and russian community of the player.ru forum.
Edited by HungryDaze - 11/4/11 at 4:02ampost #12 of 35411/4/11 at 4:13am
What's the point in installing rockbox on my HM-601, what will I get out of it?post #14 of 35411/4/11 at 7:31am
- RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50's 1 minute ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 1 minute ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 1 minute ago
- › D2000, MD3.2, DT880 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › STUDIO HEADPHONES! PLEASE HELP 4 minutes ago
- › Bass heavy in ear headphones under $30 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe