Edited by Spanish - 10/23/11 at 3:27am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 Last post on 4/12/14 at 9:28am in Portable Source Gear
- DACs and DAPs: W4S DAC-2, Algorhythm Solo, Hifiman HM801, HM601, Hi Sound Studio V Last post on 9/15/13 at 1:06pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 2/19/14 at 6:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801post #1 of 35710/23/11 at 2:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 35710/23/11 at 10:05am
This is absolutely fascinating. It might even tempt me to buy the HM-601. However....
I don't mean to be rude... (seriously, this is quite an accomplishment)... but... it would be nice if the instructions were in clear English. As it is, they are almost impossible to understand. In particular, it seems that installing Rockbox is a software operation but uninstalling it is a hardware operation(!). I would not risk this given the lack of clarity for both the install and uninstall instructions.
If any Head-fier can provide a better translation of the Russian in the above link, that would be a real service.
Congratulations on the Rockbox port!!!!post #3 of 35710/23/11 at 8:05pmpost #4 of 35710/24/11 at 2:03amThread StarterQuote:I don't mean to be rude... (seriously, this is quite an accomplishment)... but... it would be nice if the instructions were in clear English.
sorry but i don't know english well. So - i use google translate. But i think there is easy instalation but you need to know what FW is very unfinished :) There is a lot of bugs.
So - this FW only for fans for test and etc :)
But... i use it without problem. Only one make me not happy... sometime i need pres Reset because deice ... hung(?)Quote:Would it work with problem SD cards?
My SDHC which didn't work on HFM FW working with rockbox w/o anu problempost #5 of 35710/24/11 at 7:58am
Will this also work with the 602?
Was checking Rockbox and it looks like the port for 60x is very much a work in progress.
Am assuming the firmware posted here is the same as the one mentioned on the Rockbox site. Wonder if the status mentioned there is up to date.post #6 of 35710/25/11 at 3:37amThread Starterpost #7 of 35711/3/11 at 4:03ampost #8 of 35711/3/11 at 5:51ampost #9 of 35711/3/11 at 6:18amThread Starter
RockBox for HiFiman HM801
Install RockBox on HiFiMan HM801
(Note - the firmware has not licked the end, so that the installation is at your own risk.)
1. Download both files attached below (HM-801.rockbox.zip and HM-801.rockbox.PutOnSDCard.zip). And of course - unzip the.
2. One of the files, the one that IMG - throw to the player's internal memory and restart the player.
Then - on the internal memory to forget:) It ceases to be visible:) But it's kind of like a temporary solution. I hope something like this chip later corrected.
3. The folder. Rockbox from the second archive (the one that HM-801.rockbox.PutOnSDCard.zip) throws a card reader (or a player before installing the firmware) to the memory card you'll use the player.
P.S. And this is important! The device can hang on and it is treated only RESET (ohm), so that the pin carry - be sure:)
Instructions for returning to the original firmware.
1) The archive tools.rar Driver + flasher. Install the driver.
2) Run the flasher RK27_UpgradeImage administrator.
3) Turn on the player.
4) Connect via usb to the PC.
5) Go to System / System -> Debug (Don't touch!) / Debug (do not touch!) -> View HW info.
6) The program RK27Upgrade_Image opposite "Image??" select the firmware then click the "?? (U)" and wait.
Be sure to first paragraph 4, and then 5.
Edited by Spanish - 11/3/11 at 6:30ampost #10 of 35711/3/11 at 8:57am
I haven't tested from a full charge so I don't know if the battery life is any better. The sound is the same, except now you have a usable EQ and other nice features that rockbox adds. I still don't use any EQ but the interface and navigation is of course miles ahead of the hifiman firmware.post #11 of 35711/4/11 at 2:34ampost #12 of 35711/4/11 at 3:53am
The whoever guy is Mortalis, a russian programmer. You can find his posts on the rockbox forum. With a help from the topicstarter Spanish and russian community of the player.ru forum.
Edited by HungryDaze - 11/4/11 at 4:02ampost #13 of 35711/4/11 at 4:13am
What's the point in installing rockbox on my HM-601, what will I get out of it?post #14 of 35711/4/11 at 7:31am
- RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 57 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 7 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 8 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob