So how do the Magnum X compare to the SennGrado? Anyone compared in the same cups?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 223post #3331 of 33424/29/15 at 9:07am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3332 of 33424/29/15 at 6:13pmQuote:
The Magnums lack bass and soundstage but are way more detailed and precise, with a light emphasis on the high end. The bass on the Senngrados gets muddy at very high levels and I think it's because of resonance. The Magnum X's don't seem to have this issue and have tight bass. Both headphones had the Beyer pads on but I suspect the Magnums prefer the closer to ear distance of Grado G cush pads. I ordered some knockoff Grado pads from China and they are still in transit. Impossible to get the legit ones in Canada, for whatever stupid reason. I will see if I'm right when I get them.post #3333 of 33424/30/15 at 12:54amQuote:Originally Posted by ady1989
The Magnums lack bass and soundstage but are way more detailed and precise, with a light emphasis on the high end. The bass on the Senngrados gets muddy at very high levels and I think it's because of resonance. The Magnum X's don't seem to have this issue and have tight bass. Both headphones had the Beyer pads on but I suspect the Magnums prefer the closer to ear distance of Grado G cush pads. I ordered some knockoff Grado pads from China and they are still in transit. Impossible to get the legit ones in Canada, for whatever stupid reason. I will see if I'm right when I get them.
Thanks I was mainly wondering about the detail so looks like SennGrado probably isn't worth my time. I use taped L-cush with my Magnums so they've always had plenty of bass.post #3334 of 33424/30/15 at 9:34am
I find the Senngrado's have as much detail as the Magnum V4 which is why I sold them when I put together my Senngrados. I haven't tried the V5's though.
You can read many reviews of the Senngrado's in this thread, fleasbaby compares them to his Magnum V5's
Here's what he said.
"The SennGrado showed a more natural presentation, and performed better with bass. It wasn’t shy, didn’t repress it and try to compensate with mids and treble as the Magnum X did. The Magnum tends to have a slightly one-dimensional bass presentation. Think doof-doof as opposed to boom-booooom. In addition, the SennGrado actually sounded a little more open sometimes, but at the same time a touch less controlled as a result. Both headphones showed similar levels of detail retrieval".
Edited by 7keys - 4/30/15 at 9:37ampost #3335 of 33424/30/15 at 10:58ampost #3336 of 33425/10/15 at 8:13pmpost #3337 of 33425/11/15 at 8:18pmQuote:
From what I understand, this would be a downgrade. I own a set of Turbulent X drivers, which I installed into a Grado SR225i. I haven't heard a Grado higher than the 225. Before getting the Turbulent X drivers, I read upon it and the impression I formed was that the Turbulent X drivers are roughly equivalent to a Grado RS1. It's basically a cheap way to convert a cheap Grado,like the SR60 or SR80, into something roughly the quality of the RS1. If you have the GS1000, it would most likely be a downgrade, but I'm not 100% sure. I have serious doubts that they would be at the level of the GS1000.
There are some people making comparisons to other headphones here.
If you own the GS1000, you are better off keeping those. If you are curious about how these sound, it's probably better for someone in your situation to check ebay for a used or broken pair of low-end Grados like the SR80s, which you can ruin. If you don't like them, you can probably sell them for 300-400
Edited by VladTheImpala - 5/11/15 at 8:29pmpost #3338 of 33425/11/15 at 10:03pm
actually i was not expecting to read bad reviews for their site !
since they are so good (as they say) why do they not have any frequency graph (with X driver installed on rs-1 & gs1000 style cups&pads) so we can compare with the Grado ones?... even no specs of the driver...post #3339 of 33425/12/15 at 3:50ampost #3340 of 33425/12/15 at 6:17amQuote:
here's an old quote from Billavideo:Quote: Bilavideo
Give it a try, this might do the trick for you, it's worked for me in the past.post #3341 of 33425/15/15 at 7:08ampost #3342 of 33425/20/15 at 11:21pmQuote:
same here. did it again, it worked again for awhile, rattling came back, so repeated steps again
mine sounded like some debris inside the driver but can't see anything
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 23 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 32 seconds ago
- › DN-1000/GR07BE/Altone 200 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a 2.0 Active speakers w/ Headphone Amp built in 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 8 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2