Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 501

post #7501 of 9552

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meremoth View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

Kind of remind me of first trip to Costa Rica. Trippin on shrooms up in northwest going thru jungle and a black leopard jumped over the land cruiser... Then first drop into triple overhead glass at the rivermouth. Just like that. 

 

 

 

In all seriousness though, I have no idea wtf that means, but at the same time, I kinda do.  I was once a psychonaut...  

 

But either way, I think whatever the heck you just said should be included on Audeze's website.  I think anyone reading a headphone testimonial about close encounters with leopards on cloud nine will be so intrigued they'll have to buy a pair... I know I am, especially now.  I wouldn't mind having some pleasant "flash backs".  biggrin.gif

 

Anywoot, thanks for sharing, been waiting to hear your impressions for awhile now.  

 

I'm on the verge of getting the LCD-3's and Mjolnir, just not sure about the DAC.  Waiting to hear some impressions about the Concero HD before I pull the trigger.  

OK I forgot the thread MAY not be populated by a bunch of surfers! It means a mystical magical trip into the most absolutely beautiful place you could possibly imagine and then surfing the most insane waves and it was the most intense magical time I have ever spent on this earth. Well listening to these LCD3s just reminds me of when I felt that way. I can listen to a certain passage in Emancipator "Safe in the Steep Cliffs" near the end and it just blew me away when I heard that particular part of the composition. Then listen to Alison Krauss and then and then... You get the picture I am sure.

 

While I'm at it I have to comment on improvement over the LCD2.2 phones. IMHO it is WAY MORE than 1 or 2%. More like greater than 50% better. The improved detail and sound stage alone justify the purchase totally. Having said all that, I would really love to hear these cans on some other amps and dacs just to compare. Because they sound so awesome on this stack it is just crazy. I was bumming on spending the extra dough but now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that is precisely what money is for!  Now that is a testimonial huh? I prolly sound like a blathering idiot but I think those who really love listening to music do understand...

post #7502 of 9552
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

 

OK I forgot the thread MAY not be populated by a bunch of surfers! It means a mystical magical trip into the most absolutely beautiful place you could possibly imagine and then surfing the most insane waves and it was the most intense magical time I have ever spent on this earth. Well listening to these LCD3s just reminds me of when I felt that way. I can listen to a certain passage in Emancipator "Safe in the Steep Cliffs" near the end and it just blew me away when I heard that particular part of the composition. Then listen to Alison Krauss and then and then... You get the picture I am sure.

 

While I'm at it I have to comment on improvement over the LCD2.2 phones. IMHO it is WAY MORE than 1 or 2%. More like greater than 50% better. The improved detail and sound stage alone justify the purchase totally. Having said all that, I would really love to hear these cans on some other amps and dacs just to compare. Because they sound so awesome on this stack it is just crazy. I was bumming on spending the extra dough but now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that is precisely what money is for!  Now that is a testimonial huh? I prolly sound like a blathering idiot but I think those who really love listening to music do understand...

 

Oh, I definitely understand.  I've had plenty of magical times on fungi, but lately I have taken a more sober approach to life (bleh), and have been trying to reproduce that nirvana legally, and that's actually why I'm here.  I'm glad you made the points that you did, because your review, despite it's out-of-the-norm approach, is exactly what I was looking for.  I appreciate honest impressions, no matter how it's worded, compared to clinically technical reviews.


Isn't magic the whole point of music?  When I put my headphones on, and close my eyes, I want to be transported to a magical place every time.  At no point do I want to realize that I'm still in reality, sitting in a chair, with headphones on.  I want to be gone.  Hopefully my upcoming rig will give me a similar all-encompassing, psychedelic experience.  

 

Don't be too enthusiastic though.  We don't want the government to find out how good mind-altering audio equipment can be.  I'm sure black-market LCD-3's would be way worse than $2k...  


Edited by Meremoth - 6/16/13 at 11:51pm
post #7503 of 9552

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meremoth View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

 

OK I forgot the thread MAY not be populated by a bunch of surfers! It means a mystical magical trip into the most absolutely beautiful place you could possibly imagine and then surfing the most insane waves and it was the most intense magical time I have ever spent on this earth. Well listening to these LCD3s just reminds me of when I felt that way. I can listen to a certain passage in Emancipator "Safe in the Steep Cliffs" near the end and it just blew me away when I heard that particular part of the composition. Then listen to Alison Krauss and then and then... You get the picture I am sure.

 

While I'm at it I have to comment on improvement over the LCD2.2 phones. IMHO it is WAY MORE than 1 or 2%. More like greater than 50% better. The improved detail and sound stage alone justify the purchase totally. Having said all that, I would really love to hear these cans on some other amps and dacs just to compare. Because they sound so awesome on this stack it is just crazy. I was bumming on spending the extra dough but now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that is precisely what money is for!  Now that is a testimonial huh? I prolly sound like a blathering idiot but I think those who really love listening to music do understand...

 

Oh, I definitely understand.  I've had plenty of magical times on fungi, but lately I have taken a more sober approach to life (bleh), and have been trying to reproduce that nirvana legally, and that's actually why I'm here.  I'm glad you made the points that you did, because your review, despite it's out-of-the-norm approach, is exactly what I was looking for.  I appreciate honest impressions, no matter how it's worded, compared to clinically technical reviews.


Isn't magic the whole point of music?  When I put my headphones on, and close my eyes, I want to be transported to a magical place every time.  At no point do I want to realize that I'm still in reality, sitting in a chair, with headphones on.  I want to be gone.  Hopefully my upcoming rig will give me a similar all-encompassing, psychedelic experience.  

 

Don't be too enthusiastic though.  We don't want the government to find out how mind altering good audio equipment can be.  I'm sure black-market LCD-3's would be way worse than $2k...  

Indeed. I also am totally non-chemically enhanced but I refuse to be "normal" like everyone else. I find that with these headphones I can play music that completely takes me away sometimes I swear that I feel like I am actually transported into another space and time. Love sitting and processing photos or doing some very fine and painstaking pencil or pointillism work it is just awesome for leaving all the bad news and everything else behind. And if your cans and upstream equipment will allow that then it is all that matters whether it cost 2000 or 20k to get there. Fortunately it can be had for WAY LESS than 20k thank heavens...

 

I will scan the FR chart tomorrow and try to get it posted in here so that others can compare if desired. I know my poor attempt at a review may not convey all that one would like to have but on the other hand it may say it all...

post #7504 of 9552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meremoth View Post

 

 

 

In all seriousness though, I have no idea wtf that means, but at the same time, I kinda do.  I was once a psychonaut...  

 

But either way, I think whatever the heck you just said should be included on Audeze's website.  I think anyone reading a headphone testimonial about close encounters with leopards on cloud nine will be so intrigued they'll have to buy a pair... I know I am, especially now.  I wouldn't mind having some pleasant "flash backs".  biggrin.gif

 

Anywoot, thanks for sharing, been waiting to hear your impressions for awhile now.  

 

I'm on the verge of getting the LCD-3's and Mjolnir, just not sure about the DAC.  Waiting to hear some impressions about the Concero HD before I pull the trigger.  

 

 

It occurs to me that spontaneous big-smiling, which happens from time to time with Audeze -- is not quite a "flash back" -- but certainly relevant to leaping leopards and what-not. bigsmile_face.gif

post #7505 of 9552

Symptoms: Severe emotional disorders, from crying to smiling hysterically; lack of sleep; hearing alterations.

 

Cause: LCD-3.

post #7506 of 9552
I have an opportunity to get a pair for a pretty good price. I'm concerned about some of the issues I've seen a bit of lately. Is it a concensus that LCD-3's with serial number 26xxx (made in April 2013) are free from these issues?
post #7507 of 9552

No.

post #7508 of 9552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

No.

Let me ask another question. Is there a way to be sure of avoiding these issues?
post #7509 of 9552

Listen to them at the factory and never leave? :P

post #7510 of 9552
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPR8R View Post


Let me ask another question. Is there a way to be sure of avoiding these issues?

 

The major veiled/failed driver issue was rectified in March of 2012. smile.gif  Invariably, there might be smaller issues that come up from time to time, but they do with many headphones/gear too. Hope this helps.

post #7511 of 9552
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

The major veiled/failed driver issue was rectified in March of 2012. smile.gif
  Invariably, there might be smaller issues that come up from time to time, but they do with many headphones/gear too. Hope this helps.

This does help. I'm trying to avoid veiled/not veiled. What other known issues are there?
post #7512 of 9552
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

The major veiled/failed driver issue was rectified in March of 2012. smile.gif
  Invariably, there might be smaller issues that come up from time to time, but they do with many headphones/gear too. Hope this helps.

This does help, thanks. I'm trying to avoid veiled/not veiled issue.
post #7513 of 9552

You can't get a veiled pair because the veiled ones can be sent in for an update.  Same for any other problem to be honest.

post #7514 of 9552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

You can't get a veiled pair because the veiled ones can be sent in for an update.  Same for any other problem to be honest.

 

This is true. I've never had to use it because I've never had an issue with my LCD-2's but I undestand the customer support at Audeze is outstanding, so I've pulled the trigger. Should get them by the end of the week. Thanks for the help.
post #7515 of 9552
Just received my reworked LCD-3s from Audeze. First time took about 3 weeks. This time, a week and a half. Sent them back twice due to driver inbalance.

Been listening to them for about an hour, letting my Gungnir/Mjolnir Schiit stack get up to temp.

All I can say is "WOW!" It's like seeing the first clear photos from the repaired Hubble telescope. Audeze really came thru.

Thank you Sankar!
Edited by Jones Bob - 6/17/13 at 3:23pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3