Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 117

post #1741 of 2061

Yes that is what I meant. And the link is a must for every HD 800 owner and fan. I enjoyed the read myself very much.

post #1742 of 2061

Oh ok :o .

 

But no ;) . the point was. even with a HD800 in my house I still really appreciate a lot my SP. I think there's enough place in my heart for two ( or maybe more) headphones. :D

post #1743 of 2061
Hahaha came across that hd800 thread thanks to your post here. Such a great story.

I think I'm set on getting SP sometime in the future. What a perfect mix of isolation, portability/ruggedness and SQ. Might have to audition them and the SDJs at addictedtoaudio
Edited by designbykai - 11/10/13 at 6:03am
post #1744 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by designbykai View Post

Hahaha came across that hd800 thread thanks to your post here. Such a great story.

I think I'm set on getting SP sometime in the future. What a perfect mix of isolation, portability/ruggedness and SQ. Might have to audition them and the SDJs at addictedtoaudio

Both should cover all of your listening needs.  As a Sig DJ owner, I am looking for a supplemental headphone that is more neutral on the low end with similar resolution throughout the range that is also closed and won't break the bank.  The Alpha Dogs might fit the bill and I am chomping at the bit for a comparison between the Sig Pro and Alpha Dogs, particularly since Ultrasone doesn't seem to get much love from summit fiers based on the lack of comparisons on the Alpha Dog thread.

post #1745 of 2061

@Craigster75 : Does Alpha Dogs's signature has some simlarity with Mad Dogs' one ? 

post #1746 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post
 

@Craigster75 : Does Alpha Dogs's signature has some simlarity with Mad Dogs' one ? 

I didn't hear the Mad Dogs to compare, but the highs of the Alpha Dog are extended and I have heard the Mad Dogs are a bit dark.  Also, every review I have read from those who have heard both say they sound like completely different headphones.  Many good comparisons on the AD thread.

post #1747 of 2061
I Heard the SigPro this WK and Liked it. Also i Liked the fact that it do NOT LEAK sound, so i Will be able to use it in bed when... My wife sleep. ( which is not possible with my TH900)

Question: does the ALPHA DOG leak more than the SigPro ? And what about the new Audeze XC closed version ?
Edited by bmichels - 11/10/13 at 9:16am
post #1748 of 2061
Bmichels: How do you compare sig pro & TH900?
post #1749 of 2061
How have people gone about cleaning the leather on their SigPros? Results?
post #1750 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post

Bmichels: How do you compare sig pro & TH900?

When using an external amp, TH-900 is definitively in another league, more subtil and even more fun, but... I found that strait out of my RWAK100, the SigPro may be better because less demanding on AMP. 

 

 So, since I have few portable amps,  I am interested in another headphone only because I need a non-leaking one. 

post #1751 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

When using an external amp, TH-900 is definitively in another league, more subtil and even more fun, but... I found that strait out of my RWAK100, the SigPro may be better because less demanding on AMP. 

 

 So, since I have few portable amps,  I am interested in another headphone only because I need a non-leaking one. 


I was thinking about getting one of the Astell & Kern players for use with my Sig Pro's. After reading some threads it seems the output impedance is an issue, I understand that this has more of a effect on low impedance earphones rather than full sized headphones like the sig pro's.

 

Is it worth me paying the extra for either a RWAK100 or AK120 instead of the standard AK100? Would love to have my HD music on the go but at those prices I need to know it will be money well spent, any advice as to which AK (with or without mod.) is best for the Ultrasone Signature Pro's?

 

My desktop Amp/Dac is a Grace M903 do either AK100 or the AK120 come close to the grace in performance?

post #1752 of 2061

I personnaly found that The Signature pro sounds way better from outputs with near to zero impedance. IMO sig pro is not so easy to drive. It needs control and the highest possible damping factor.   

post #1753 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post
 

I personnaly found that The Signature pro sounds way better from outputs with near to zero impedance. IMO sig pro is not so easy to drive. It needs control and the highest possible damping factor.   


Interesting, especially when comparing output impedance for the various AK's

 

Headphone Output Impedance

 

AK100 - 22 ohm

RWAK100 - 1 ohm

AK120 - 3.3 ohm

RWA120 - 1ohm

Grace M903 - 1.2 ohm

 

Does anyone know if the new firmware supports gap-less playback? I know the AK120 supports it, was wondering if you could get gap-less playback on the AK100 with a firmware update?

post #1754 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by baglunch View Post

How have people gone about cleaning the leather on their SigPros? Results?


Don't use anything you would use for shoes, please. Did this and it can affect your skin......

post #1755 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by digaddict View Post
 


Interesting, especially when comparing output impedance for the various AK's

 

Headphone Output Impedance

 

AK100 - 22 ohm

RWAK100 - 1 ohm

AK120 - 3.3 ohm

RWA120 - 1ohm

Grace M903 - 1.2 ohm

 

Does anyone know if the new firmware supports gap-less playback? I know the AK120 supports it, was wondering if you could get gap-less playback on the AK100 with a firmware update?

I have Gapless playback on my RWAK100 since few Firmware back.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro